* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 15015 times)

0 Members

Offline ally389

modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #170 on: 9/04/20, 12:39 »
Hi Hannahdaisy, glad Baby Rafferty is doing well, it must be amazing being a family of four  :) It must be tricky to entertain your LO ... also it is so hard to find a way to explain the whole situation I should think.
Thank you for sharing your experience, I've just been informed that a consultant will call me next week, which is good. I will keep you all updated.
In the meantime lots of positive vibes to everyone during these worrying times.
x x x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #171 on: 10/04/20, 22:10 »
    It's lovely to be a family of four and I'm so grateful that my partner is having all of this extra time at home with me and the boys. Just tough at times and then all we can do sometimes is look at eachother and laugh!

Yes, that's good. What are you hoping that the consultant will say?

Raffy is a month old tomorrow, can't believe it.

Online Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #172 on: 12/04/20, 17:21 »
    I definitely need to find more time to keep in touch 🙈.

Hope we're all keeping well and staying safe!

HD - How's little Raffy? I bet you're smitten! Completely agree with you when it comes to having your partner home. It's made everything so much easier. How's Fin adjusting to having a little brother around? How are they seriously a month old, honestly?...

Ally - I was considered high risk due to it being IVF but I was advised that they would remove me from this category if everything progressed normally. It was never mentioned again after my initial consultation. Glad to hear someone else tried hypnobirthing. I think it was invaluable for the early labour. I have to admit that I struggled to remember everything I was taught the more intense it became. I know it's not for everyone but if you could have a birthing pool, I honestly cannot recommend them enough. If/when I have another baby, I would seriously consider setting one up at home if the pregnancy was going well! They're just brilliant.

Katkat & Ally - I'm going to upload my birthing story soon. I haven't held back on details so I'm pre-warning you but I think it might help other first time mums. Apparently my labour is very similar to one that has been induced so it might offer an insight into that too. Wishing you both the best of luck no matter how these little ones arrive.

Online Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #173 on: 12/04/20, 17:30 »
    https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=403925.0

Like I said, a little graphic but it might be insightful 😘 or at the very least, just a very honest account of my labour and birth.

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #174 on: 12/04/20, 19:43 »
    Thank you Omnomnom, very useful to read your story. Iíve only done 2 sessions of Hypnobirthing as the other 2 were cancelled because of everything going on. I should really meditate more in the evenings. I glad you are keeping well and the LO is all right.

Hannah - itís definitely easy to have our partners at home even though the circumstances arenít ideal.
    Iíve had to go in on Friday as the movement was reduced and they monitored me for 30 min. The heartbeat seemed fine and having a scan on Tuesday. Sheís more active than Thursday and Friday, but still canít say that Iím not worried. The consultant Iíve  seen after the monitoring said that I might be induced at 39 weeks. Itís not ideal as I wouldíve wanted a natural birth in the birth centre but I will be glad if she arrived earlier. All I want her to be here and healthy
    x x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #175 on: 15/04/20, 05:55 »
    Hi everyone. My scan went well. She weights 3kg at the moment and her measurements are fine. Thatís a relief. My blood pressure was on the high side so they kept me in for monitoring. After a few hours they discharged me and I have to have my blood pressure taken again at the GP today. Iíll have a TC with the consultant to talk about a potential plan later on today.
    I hope you all well x x x

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #176 on: 17/04/20, 14:21 »
    Omnom - a very interesting read :) so glad that everything went well for you. Can really never tell what will happen and it's lovely when people have a positive story to share. Raffy is good thank you, had a go at weighing him today on the bathroom scales and he seems to be 10lb 6oz now, good to see that he's putting on weight. I used to like going to get Fin weighed each month and having the HV check him. Fin is doing well too thank you. He likes to try and put a bottle or dummy in Raffy's mouth sometimes and isn't the most gentle, but he's trying, bless him!

How is Beaux? Are you already noticing differences? Raffy is now gurgling and cooing away and has started to smile, so exciting!

Ally - great that measurements and movements have all turned out to be fine. How did your chat with the consultant go?

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #177 on: 23/04/20, 22:13 »
    Hey ally how are you? Do you have a plan in place? I'm so unsure of what to do. As am over 40 years old they suggest induction or c section at 39 weeks (plus we have a huge baby). I'd like to try for natural birth and at least give baby a chance to come till due date. Today tried this sweep to get the cervix soft/ready but baby was too high up and couldn't be done yet so was told she's not ready to come. Am terrified that am making the wrong choice by waiting and giving baby at least till due date or a couple of days over to make their entrance as at over 40 they don't tend to wait longer than till 39 weeks...

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #178 on: 24/04/20, 10:22 »
    Good morning, Iím so sorry for not keeping you updated but it has been a full on week. Last Wednesday I had to go to have my BP checked again. After a whiled day of monitoring I was told that due to Hugh BP, reduced movement, Ivf and age they offer me induction thatís day, Thursday or Friday. My DH was waiting all this time in the car park as he wasnít allowed in the hospital. After discussing with him we decided to stay at the hospital and go for the infraction. We thought we would be too stressed at home and we wouldnít be able to get any rest.
    So my induction started last Wednesday at 6pm, 2am contractions started and 5am my waters broke, 6am moved to take Delivery unit. My contractions were vert powerful at this stage and my husband could come and Joon me as I was in active labour.
    At 7am was only diluted 2 cm, same measurements at 10am. By this time the contractions were very strong and could. They said that they would need to put me on the Oxytocin drip. This is when I decide to ask for epidural as I couldnít take it anymore. I had 3 nights of not sleeping and I was exhausted. I practiced the Hypnobirthing affirmations and tried to embrace the affirmations as much as I could.
    At 5pm I was fully dilated and I started to push, the midwife could even see/feel babyís head. At 5:15pm several members of staff came in the room saying that we have to move ASAP to the theatre as babyís heart had dropped from 180 to 80 and that the position was upside down.
    I was going to have forceps! This is the only intervention I mentioned in my birth plan I didnít want to have.
    At 17:45 we go to the theatre and at 18:12 Alice Maria Helene was born weighing only 2,540 kg .. she is gorgeous. We were in so much shock as everything developed so quickly.
    We came back from hospital only yesterday. My BP is very high and they had me under monitoring. Taking 9 pills a day for high BP and I really hope this is pregnancy related and not a long term condition. Initially they thought it is preeclampsia. The MW will come around our today to measure it again and tomorrow will have to go back to the hospital for other checks.
    Xxx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #179 on: 24/04/20, 16:33 »
    First of all my heartfelt congratulations ally, on the birth of your daughter!!

Wow what a whirlwind experience and at times scary, but all that counts really is that the little one got here safely in the end. The more I learn and hear about this the more I realise that nothing really ever goes according to plan. I'm so surprised that on your last scan they measured the weight so differently to what she weight at birth in the end!

I hope that your BP goes back to normal and that it was just pregnancy related!

You know in my birth wish list it also says forceps last resort, ideally no epidural, but I know now that there is a high chance that it will pan out this way or c section.

I hope your check up went ok and that you can start looking forward very soon. Keep us updated how it goes!