* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 16078 times)

0 Members

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #20 on: 25/09/19, 21:07 »
Just a quick update as my consultant appointment was a bit crazy! They were running an hour behind so I was sat just waiting for ages, got called in to see a nurse and have blood pressure and pulse done and then it all just kicked off from there really. They said my pulse was 121 so then as soon as the consultant came in that's all he wanted to talk about. He checked my pulse himself and said it was too fast and then skipping beats. He rang labour ward and got me transferred up there because he wanted an anesthetist to check me.

Got hooked up to an ECG and had it checked. Seems ok and he said it might just be my normal but have to keep an eye on it. I had heart trouble during my last pregnancy too so I'm a bit worried that it's going to happen again. Been told that if I have palpitations again and can hear it in my ears then I have to go in and get checked. Ahhhh. He told me that it can cause trouble with blood pressure and stop baby getting oxygen so that has freaked me out now.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 5/10/19, 12:59 »
    Hey all 👋

These weeks are flying & I lose track of time. 18+2 today 🥳. I was woke up today by lots of little flutterings that interrupted my dream. I'm quite slim so I could literally see the skin over my bump moving by a fraction with every 'kick'. Its strange to feel it from both the inside & outside. I wonder if he's a little footballer or a ballerina. Or I have really strong gas?! Who knows 😂. Pregnancy pillow arrives today! So excited. Still no 20wk appointment letter. Grrr. I really want to see him again & let them do those really important checks. I hope everything's going to be OK 🤞.

HD - I saw from the other thread that you're having a little boy too 💙 congratulations! That's brilliant news, hun! I really hope that you don't have any further issues. Is it now a wait and see sort of thing or could they actively prevent the blood pressure issue? Really hoping this is all just your norm and everything's going to be fine. I imagine your nervous but please stay hopeful. Sending you lots of positivity 🙌.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Can't believe we're all nearly half way!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 7/10/19, 09:34 »
    Hi Omnom, very quiet isnít it! My laptop died a death earlier in the week so Iím using my phone but not as easy! Aww amazing that you can already see movements, that took longer to happen in my last pregnancy because the placenta was at the front and acting as a cushion. Been told that this time itís at the back and Iím sure I can feel baby moving ❤️ Hope your letter comes soon. Our scan was booked at the end of the 12 week one in front of us and she asked us about date and time preferences!

Yep, another boy for us! Evening out the genders in the house! Bet our son will love having a brother so close in age. Thanks, dunno what the deal is with my heart rate 🤷🏻‍♀️ Still over 100 lots of the time when Iím just sitting doing nothing.

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 9/10/19, 13:20 »
    Hey HD - It is a little quiet! Not always the easiest to find time, I understand. Ah that's amazing you can feel those movements this time round. Aren't they the best? I think they're the most wonderful thing! DH got to feel one yesterday and he was over the moon. They're stronger than a 'flutter' now too so they really draw my attention. I love watching the skin jump about and knowing he's flexing those little limbs. Makes me a little anxious for when he gets more powerful 😳 haha. My left leg is numb around the knee when I stand. Like pins and needles. Weird how the nerves are affected.

The letter finally came! Wednesday 23rd, few days before I'm 21 weeks. Can't wait to see him again. DH booking the day off to join me and then take me out for lunch. Just hoping for a wonderful experience and a relaxing day now 🤞.

Your son is going to love it! Two little boys 💙💙. If possible would you like more kiddos in the future? Wow, will they monitor you pretty closely then? Really hoping it's nothing of concern and you'll sail through this pregnancy.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 10/10/19, 09:47 »
    Got my laptop back, woohoo! Something wrong with the RAM though so had to have one chip taken out, meaning that it's slower. I'll take that for now though rather than not having one at all! My uncle's ordered a new one for me and it's arrived so said I can go and see him to get it fitted. Gutted today because it's my day off, got myself and the little one sorted, coats and shoes on, strapped into the pram and then realised my partner took my car and my house keys are attached. Her house keys are left in the car. Means I'm stuck indoors all day, can't even do my walk to the supermarket to get us both some fresh air!!

Haha, it's lovely isn't it. Wow, can't believe your husband has felt it so early on, that's amazing. Mine are so on and off, most of the time I can't feel anything and then when I do I'm still questioning it! It's mostly when I'm relaxing on the sofa or laying in bed. Hope it actually is baby that I'm feeling! Yep, our bodies are doing all sorts of crazy things. At the moment I keep getting sharp pains in my bum muscles, a bit like I've pulled something. Getting uncomfortable to sleep already.

Yeah, we've said we'll aim to have one more and my partner wants to carry this time. She was always up and down about it but when I was about 14-15 weeks she said she's been thinking more about it and is pretty much 100% that she will try. I've got one embryo left so think she'll give that a try first and if it doesn't take then she has four frozen that she can try. She did say she only wants about 6 weeks maternity leave though and will give me the rest, more than happy to oblige!

Not completely sure if they'll monitor me more. The midwife said she'd like to see me again sooner than usual so is seeing me at 20 weeks rather than waiting until 24 I think it was. She's said she'll pretty much just do the vaccinations and that's it though, but it's a chance to speak to her about anything if I'm worried. Seeing her straight after my 20 week scan because they're in the same unit.

Sounds like you'll have a lovely day for your scan :) I get a bit nervous about it, of course, but the scan is so detailed and amazing. I remember them pointing out things like my son's nostrils last time! So interesting!

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 26/10/19, 01:30 »
    20 week anomaly scan went really well. Our little boy is perfect 💙 His movements feel stronger and more distinctive everyday.  He was drinking amniotic fluid, hiccuping and moving constantly. Everytime his little legs would kick on the screen, I would feel it and it was just amazing. We have some lovely photos of him sucking his thumb. He was breech and had his head tucked between his legs which meant the heart was checked last, sonographer was so lovely though and let me stay until he uncurled himself for a moment. I really didn't want to leave and come back another day with such an important check left out. When I went over his notes at home, he seems to be measuring a week behind. I'm not too concerned but I'm wondering what others think? Perhaps his positioning didn't help.

Had a few outfits bought for us which is lovely. I'm being really good and only picking up 3-6 months when they're in the sale. I have a feeling he's going to be spoilt with newborn and 0-3 months bits. Especially over Christmas. Had both whooping cough and flu vaccines done so my arms feel like dead weight. I wondered if anyone would think I'd spent the day jacking up with two little plasters on each arm 🤭.

HD - Hope you can really feel LO's movements now. I think it's lovely that your partner might carry next time. What an amazing experiance to be able to share with one another and both completely relate to. Like yourself, the sonographer did a close up on the nose, lips and chin. Was amazing to see. Have you had your scan yet or is it soon?

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 28/10/19, 15:10 »
    Great news about your scan :) did you go for lunch afterwards like you planned?

Yep, can definitely feel the movements more now, although not much in terms of pattern etc. Feel him a lot when I'm just resting and watching TV or laying in bed. My scan was booked for this Wednesday but my partner has a busy day booked in at work so tried our luck and asked to change. They've changed it to Thursday for us so looking forward to getting the scan done. Excited to see baby but always a bit nervous. Was due to have my flu and whooping cough straight after the scan on the Wednesday but now that I've rearranged the scan I'm not sure when I'll have them. I've been trying to contact them to ask to change the date but no such luck!! My hospital is two different ones linked together and I had to ring one unit for the scan, which went through very quickly, and then a different hospital and unit for the midwife and nobody ever answers!

Just had a lovely week off with my partner. I don't work on Mondays so I'm off again today. Had real Sunday night dread last night at the thought of her going back to work and our time off together ending :( counting down to the Christmas holidays already!

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 29/10/19, 18:05 »
    Yesterday was a complete right off for me. I was in such intense pain. I thought it could be trapped wind as I had a sharp, constant ache on my right side, just below the rib, could feel it in my back too. I barely slept last night so I'm expecting it to hit me at work later 😴. Made some porridge today which helped massively. Not only do I now have a more frequent need to pee but also a tingling (not painful) sensation once I've peed. Looks like I could have a UTI again. The pain in my side which is now a dull ache could possible be kidney related?! Ah who knows. The wait to see a Dr is frustrating but I'll book just incase. Knowing my luck all the symptoms will alleviate and I'll end up looking like a time waster. I'm going to drink a ridiculous amount of water to see if that helps things. Thankfully, our little man is kicking all the time so I haven't really stressed about how he's doing throughout all this. He's probably quite oblivious and content in his cocoon.

HD - Ah! He's moving about more for you 🥰 it's the best isn't it! Yeah we had a cheeky fry up after our scan, it was so needed after stressing all morning. Completely understand where your nerves are coming from. I'm sure everything will go smoothly for you and you'll wonder why you worried, like me. Hopefully you can get the jabs rearranged too. Lovely to hear you've had some time off with your partner. Well needed rest. I'm so envious. Ah, we're counting down to Christmas as well. I start my maternity at the end of December so I'm constantly calendar watching! I won't be returning to work either which I feel quite fortunate about. Haven't got that worry about whether I'll be ready to leave him or not. If all goes well, we'd like to try IVF again in the future and keep them relatively close together of we can so it seems pointless to head back in between. Being a SAHM has always been something I've looked forward to but I can imagine if I had a more fulfilling and well paid career, I'd be tempted to return. I should use my time off wisely and invest in my studies!

Not long now till the scan 🙌 so excited for you. It was such a wonderful day. Cant wait for your update.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 30/10/19, 21:25 »
    Did you feel any better today?

Thank you, will report back afterwards. Yep, it's not everyone's dream but I'd like to say I wasn't going back too! I will go back after this one and then I think my partner wants the same kind of gap between baby 2 and 3. After that we've said I'll probably just stop working because paying for childcare for three children would just be ridiculous and take pretty much all of my pay I think! I work 3 days a week now and that's quite nice, more time at home with my little boy than working. Still going to look into some ways to make extra money though like tutoring etc though because we don't own a house yet and are not married either so that's two big costs!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 1/11/19, 19:14 »
    Scan went well ❤️ Baby was very wriggly and had his head tucked up in my pelvis so the sonographer couldnít get the best photos but baby is healthy and happy so all that matters.