* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 11729 times)

0 Members

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #50 on: 21/12/19, 20:55 »
Congratulations :)

I'm 28 weeks today. We've asked for an elective c-section because my first birth was so horrible and ended up in an emergency c-section which then had lots of complications. The consultant agreed that an elective would be a good choice for us this time around.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #51 on: 21/12/19, 22:38 »
    MommyKenny fantastic news and in particular your do must be so happy right now!

Hannahdaisy thanks about the info on the 4D scan! And congrats on the 28 weeks. I was asked what kind of birth I wanted at my dating scan and I was totally clueless, i still don't know. I almost want to go with the flow as I know whatever you plan it pans out differently anyway. Guess don't have a real choice though as they'd induce me due to my age if needed.

Omnomnom how did the scan go?

Merry Christmas to you too Maeve!

Afm Ive got a few questions, so hope someone can help. 21w1d now and suddenly having a massive growth spurt of my belly, it feels mega tight. I've been itching at the same spot, a 5sq cm area to the left of my belly button, for about 3 weeks now, it's always in the same area. Almost like an eczema just that you can't see anything until it itches about 5 times per day and when I scratch it gets bright red and proper rash like. Anyone had this? Is this normal? I am using bio oil. It's driving my crazy!
    NCT classes - will you be doing them?
    I've not been reading up on anything and that's a bit of a silly question perhaps - but can the foetus lie in any direction and does it turn upside down and back to front and top to bottom all the time? On all the scans  she looks like she's lying on her back. Is this just the angle of the scan or does the baby indeed lie on the back most of the time, horizontally?

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 22/12/19, 14:58 »
    Hey!

Mommykenny - That's fantastic news 💙. I'm worried I'm going to be outnumbered by the males in the house. Strong feeling if/when we have another one it will be a boy as well, haha. It's been a crazy year for sure. I think we've coped pretty well considering. Just skint 😂. Definitely looking forward to my leave next Sunday. I'm not returning to work either so its going to quite emotional. When are you looking to start your maternity?

HD - Move went really well, thank you! Just need my maternity to start so I can dedicate time to some thorough cleaning and organising. I've only ever heard of really positive experiences when it's elective! Hope it will bring you some peace of mind now. Eager to know the date you're given!!😁

HD & Katkat - Scan showed he was 3lb which the sonographer was more than happy with. She couldn't see any reason for needing to keep me on the growth check scheme which would mean a scan every 2 weeks. Instead I'll have another one in 4 weeks just to make sure everything is still on track. He's breach and facing my spine at the moment but plenty of time to swing round. After all that worry with his weight & he's perfectly fine 🙂.

Katkat - The itching is definitely real but not to the extent that it feels like a rash. Yours sounds quite severe. Could you be having some form of reaction? I asked my MW a similar question and she replied that they change position quite often whilst they've got the room, until they finally drop and (hopefully) adopt their head down position. Everytime I go, he's hanging out at a different angle. I remember at my 16wk and 20wk scan they said he was 'transverse lie' so it all sounds the norm 👍.

Next update will be Tuesday. They've booked me in for a Christmas Eve midwife appointment. I'm working that day too so if I don't manage to message then I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with your bumps!! ☃️🎄

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #53 on: 27/12/19, 21:19 »
    Kitkat - going with the flow is good I think, as you can't ever really tell how it's going to go!

Omnom - sounds good about the scan. Nice that you get to see him again in 4 weeks :) thanks, looking forward to seeing what happens at the appointment.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas :) we pretty much had two because we spent Christmas Day with my partner's family and Boxing Day with mine. I got up at 6.15 on Boxing Day too and then drove back early to collect my sister and go sales shopping. Was busy today too so I've been feeling super worn out!

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    « Reply #54 on: 27/12/19, 23:57 »
    Happy Holidays everyone!  The New Year is fast approaching and here's wishing all of us a baby dust filled one! ^fairydust^

Congratulations MommyKenny, hoping to hear more details on how you spent your Christmas.

Katkat have you had that looked at?  I think you should.  I hope that will be resolved soon.

Ally congratulations on your baby girl! ^storkgirl^ I guess you can start stocking up on pink baby things now :)

I guess a C-section would remove some stress out of childbirth - first of all, you know the date, second a lot of risks are removed.  Good luck to you and lots of love on that decision.

Omnomnom, how did your Christmas go - did you spend it in your new home?

Hannahdaisy NYE wow!  That would certainly start the year for you!  Hope the consultation goes well!

AFM - currently 26w5d - in a very busy month with lots of work to do, tired out but happy all the same.  Backaches are gone now - thank God!  Maybe all the work made good exercise.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #55 on: 28/12/19, 10:09 »
    Maeve - thank you, it definitely takes some stress away in terms of dates etc and stops you wondering when you'll go into labour etc (although baby could still make an early appearance!), but the recovery is difficult and I'm worried about how it'll be this time when I'm trying to look after a 2yr old. Hoping an elective will be a lot smoother than my emergency one too, because that was horrible. I feel like mentally we needed to have an elective this time though, to stop us from worrying that a VBAC would go wrong and I'd end up having another emergency section.

Good to hear that the backaches have gone. Mine have been on and off too, was very achy fairly early on (about 16 weeks I think) and then it went again. Had a sore back on Christmas Eve after chasing my son around at the farm. Still haven't got my big pregnancy pillow out yet, been saying I would do for weeks and weeks!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #56 on: 1/01/20, 10:14 »
    Saw the consultant yesterday but not much happened really! He asked what mode of delivery I wanted and I confirmed a c-section. He said I need to have my placenta scan on 22nd January and then I'll see a consultant after the scan and book in the c-section date then. It was very quick! He said if the placenta is an issue it'll be booked for 38 weeks and if the placenta is fine then it'll be 39 weeks.

On Christmas Day I had some brown discharge, just a tiny bit, and then a little bit more a few days later. It was only a little bit again but yesterday quite a large, jelly-like piece of it came out which worried me. I was glad that I was going to the hospital that day so could mention it. Told the midwife and consultant and nobody was really that concerned! Said because it was brown it was just old. The consultant put me onto a CTG for the baby anyway just to check the heart rate etc and all was fine. I asked what I should do if it happens again and the midwife said because it's brown it should just be ok, just to call if it's red or I have pain. Hopefully I was worrying over nothing!

Happy new year girls, going to be an exciting one!

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #57 on: 3/01/20, 10:12 »
    Happy New Year everyone! A fantastic year for all of us. Looks everyone is doing well. Also welcome Maeve

Congratulations MommyKenny - wonderful news! I know my husband is over the moon with our little girl but he wouldíve loved a boy
    Hannnahdaisy - how exciting you had tour 4D scan
    Omnomnom - congratulations on your move, this period mustíve been so busy  for you.

Kat- not sure about the NCT classes yet, but Iím probably going to join them. I hope you are doing well.

I am pleased to say that I have been feeling the movement, which is not ever day but yesterday I called the hospital and they said itís normal at this stage. Yesterday I had this urge to pass urine every 20 min so book in to see my GP. They checked the sample and everything seems fine, however they prescribed Nitrofurantoin for 7 days just to avoid any infections.

I was wondering how many scans youíve been offered my NHS. Iíve had the 12 weeks and the 20 weeks so far, but apparently I wonít have any more unless any problems will occur. Is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #58 on: 3/01/20, 20:45 »
    Ally - exciting to feel movement isn't it. At the start you won't feel it all the time and that can definitely be worrying. It won't be long though and you won't be able to miss it! Hopefully the medication will work for you and you won't get any infections.

Just the 12 and 20 week scans are completely normal. I've been offered one at around 32 weeks because at the 20 week appointment they noticed that my placenta was slightly covering my cervix and they want to check that it's moved. During my first pregnancy I had about 3-4 extra NHS scans during my third trimester because I kept measuring large with the tape measure. If everything seems to be on track then they won't offer any more.

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 3/01/20, 21:57 »
    Hannahdaisy - thank you so much for your advise x x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk