* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 11561 times)

0 Members

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #60 on: 5/01/20, 16:35 »
Hey Ally, hannahdaisy has answered you already. Just to add, scans are age related. As am over 40 they give me additional ones at 28, 32 and 36 weeks (growth scans I think). So great you can feel the little one now! It's been getting stronger for me in the last couple of weeks which is nice and reassuring. There were a couple of days a week ago with hardly any movement and my heart sank, but back to normal now or what I think is normal.

Hannah so glad that the discharge was totally normal. Crazy, not very long for you now!

Maeve congrats on the by now 27-28 ish weeks! I have a gp appointment for the itching next week, as I've been abroad till today..I hope it's normal! It seems to be heat and dry skin related even though I oil my scan twice or three times a day. Hope nothing my severe.

Onmomnom hope your mw appointment went well.

Afm, I am starting to havs this occasional really heavy feeling in my lower abdomen as if I had some cramping but it stays quite long and hard for a few hours so I don't think they could be those Braxton Hicks contractions I read about. Is this normal? The first time I got it was 10 days ago when I was really stressed and sincer then a couple of times just out of the blue. Is this just the baby pushing down and normal? Feeling fine otherwise (23 weeks today).

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 5/01/20, 22:15 »
    Hoping everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! 😘.

Not a huge deal to report. I'm absolutely convinced LO has swung himself round and is no longer breech. I might be wrong but all his movements have changed. He's no longer standing on my cervix which is a relief 👌. Midwife app next Friday, hopefully I'll know for sure then. In the meantime I start my hypnobirthing classes every Wednesday from this week, think I might need them as the bigger my belly gets, the more daunting it all seems.

Boobs are absolutely smothered in veins now, seems like in the last week it's become really apparant. Sleep is pretty disturbed, up every 2/3 hours for the toilet. Good practise I suppose! House is coming along nicely. I've given up work for the foreseeable future so I've had plenty of time to crack on and start nesting.

HD - Part of the mucus plug perhaps? After a quick bit of research it seems to affect a number of ladies with their 2nd pregnancies. They've all said it regenerates and not to worry. Reassuring to hear nobody was concerned about it at the hospital. Can't believe you're discussing the week of your c-section already, are we really getting that close? Eeeeeeek! 2.5 weeks and you'll know when he's arriving. How exciting!! Have you got your preggo pillow yet? Its helped me sleep so much. I know I'll use mine way after I'm pregnant. Bit of a mood killer in the bedroom though as it divides us. Not that I'm complaining 😂.

Ally - They've kept me on the growth check list although they're not particularly concerned, so I will be scanned regularly till the end. Pretty sure without the initial wacky tape measurement that I would have had the two, regular scans. I have one last private 4D one booked too which I'm getting quite excited for now. Mum and mother-in-law are joining us so it should be quite special. Just hope LO cooperates ☺️. Lovely to hear you're really feeling the movements now!

Katkat - My mw app went well. I double checked my risk of preclampsia was low. Had a blood test to check my iron levels which I should have my results for this Friday. 🤞 the results are all good. Admittedly I've not experienced any cramping or feelings of that nature so I can't give any advice as to how normal it is. I would imagine that due to baby moving about lots that there isn't much, if any concern and you're just getting sensations with all the movement.

Maeve - Sort of spent Christmas at the new place. We were out for so much of the day that it was a fleeting visit home for breakfast and dinner. Was lovely though. Did you have a nice Christmas & NY? Glad to hear the backache has eased! Hope you're finding some time to rest in these busy months. On the flip side, at least they will fly by for you. I fear not working will drag my last 8/9 weeks out.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 6/01/20, 08:57 »
    Kat - I didn't realise that about the scans. That's nice for you, I always appreciate an extra scan! Those heavy feelings are quite normal I would think. It's probably baby getting in different positions, things stretching and the extra weight on your cervix etc.

Omnom - that's exactly what I thought it was too, and even though I know that it can regenerate and doesn't mean you're about to go into labour I was getting convinced that it was going to happen! Was panicking that they'd say I had to stay in and that I was starting to dilate or my cervix was soft or something. Was worried because I hadn't washed any of baby's clothes, had no hospital bag packed etc! My mind was on overdrive. Starting to get sorted now that it's January. Washed a few little bits and I'm going to start buying things for the hospital bag and start to pack them away. At least I'll be feeling a bit more prepared then, just in case he decides to make an early appearance!

My pillow is still sat on top of the wardrobe from my last pregnancy but think I definitely need it back down now because I'm starting to get achey and uncomfortable in bed. It is a complete mood killer, you're right! Totally blocks you off from them doesn't it if yours is anything like mine!

So jealous that you've finished working! We've just had a lovely 2 weeks off and my partner went back to work this morning. I don't work on Mondays so I've got one more day but already dreading tomorrow. Want these 6 or so weeks so hurry up!

Offline MommyKenny

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 7/01/20, 02:55 »
    Thank you ladies!  We're starting to fill up the nursery now.  Although we're not really strict on the blue color, white is fine too.  But definitely no pinks.  I think neutral colors is best when it comes to clothes and beddings.  But DH is having fun choosing little toys for the boys.

Hannah I truly admire you working ladies, I stay mostly home but I do some baking every now and then.

Omnomnom, good luck on your next appointment - hopefully your baby is in the right position this time.  Have they discussed what the options are in case he is breeched?

Katkat 23 weeks might be a bit early for baby pushing down, maybe ask your doctor about it?  Can you call your doctor or do you need to wait for the next appointment?

Ally lesser scans means lesser trouble, so it's good :)

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 8/01/20, 20:42 »
    We were the same with nursery stuff and accessories. We went with a lot of cream and grey. Partly because that's what we prefer and partly because we wanted to get neutral stuff in case we have a girl in the future. We've saved everything and will save it all again for a hopeful number 3!

Ah, thank you, it's definitely tiring but the end is in sight I suppose! Do you have other children too?

Full of cold today, annoying when you can't take the usual medication to help!

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 9/01/20, 19:33 »
    QQ, what supplements is everyone taking? I am due another order as running out of everything but wonder if I'm overdoing it and overspending on it. I have that c687 mutation/strain of mthfr so need folate and not folic acid. I'm taking Zita west pregnancy plan, Mumomega omega 3, 1000mcg folate and vitamin D plus 150 mg aspirin per day.

Finally getting my stomach seen to tomorrow (itching still bad but I somehow think it may just be the stretching skin I hope).

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 9/01/20, 20:51 »
    Kat - hopefully just stretching as you say. I only take Pregnacare but can't comment on whether you're overdoing things! Is there any consultant or anything that you could ask for advice about it?

Been so tired today. Felt really weak at one point, sat down to get something out of the freezer and just felt like I couldn't get back up again. Tricky when you've got a toddler that wants to play with you and doesn't understand that you don't feel good! That's what I'm worrying about after the c-section too. He's going to be 2 at the weekend, can't believe it!

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 10/01/20, 04:00 »
    Hello ladies, cheers to a new year!  I'm 28w4d, backaches gone, bleeding didn't come back, just having difficulty sleeping.  Added on pillows to make sleeping on left side comfier.  Other than that not much complaints.  Heck, no complaints at all!  So long as baby nice and snug.

MommyKenny must be fun filling up the nursery.  Are there any hand-me-downs?

Hannahdaisy I feel you!  How big is your belly now? 

Katkat what did your OB say about supplements?  It also depends on what stage you are in.  There are also some to avoid?  I'm boosting calcium and Vitamin D.

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 10/01/20, 20:02 »
    32 week MW appointment has confirmed our little boy has swung round and into the head down position. Fingers crossed he stays that way and in doing so will keep all my options open. They checked his HB, size, movement, etc and everything is exactly as it should be. I've literally had no negative symptoms since we've moved, so I think entering into the new year no longer stressed has done baby and me wonders. MW has recommended I increase my iron levels, so I'll be booking a Dr's appointment quite reluctantly to get my prescription meds. No doubt I will have given birth before they see me.

First hypnobirthing session (of 4) went really well. Interesting to learn the basic science behind the hormones & how to best wield these to your own advantage during the long hours of labour. They haven't filled us with unrealistic expectations of a pain-free birth which I was concerned might happen. Instead I came away just feeling calmer, more knowledgeable & quite excited for our baby's arrival. I look forward to the next class.

HD - Glad to hear you're getting on top of the prep work for LO's arrival. I've literally just finished washing all his clothes and accessories today. Makes it all a little more real. Must spend some time working on my hospital bag. Might create a list on my phone so I can just throw it all in last minute & potentially avoid missing anything too important. I honestly admire how you find the energy to be this far into your pregnancy and managing a mini human, on top of work. To think that could ever be me one day just doesn't seem realistic. Definitely sounds like you're over doing it though. Please try and find some time in your day just for you. Get the pillow down from the wardrobe and indulge yourself!

Mommykenny - Thankfully our LO is no longer breech. I have quite a few scans booked in over the next few weeks so I'll keep getting them to confirm he's in the cephalic presentation and hopefully we'll avoid having to discuss any other options.

Katkat - Hope your appointment confirmed it was just a bit of harmless stretching & nothing more. Just taking prenatal vits over here (when I remember because I'm rubbish).

Maeve - Lovely that you're feeling well in your pregnancy, may it continue!

Love the neutral colours you're all picking! Wish our place was big enough for a nursery. We move again at the end of this year and I'm going to insist on one :)

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 11/01/20, 21:59 »
    Maeve - feels really big now! A picture came up on Timehop yesterday of when I went to the hospital to be induced with my first son and I feel like I'm a similar size now! Wondering how I can grow for another 8-9 weeks but know that it'll just happen.

Omnom - great that baby has moved and you're feeling better! Hopefully the GP will see you quickly seeing as it's a pregnancy thing, should be quite a priority! Our GP lets you ring up in the morning to get emergency ones, sure they'd do that for you otherwise? Glad the hypnobirthing sounds positive for you. Someone suggested that I look into that, even for a c-section, just to calm me down.

It's a nice feeling to get things washed isn't it. I was going to wait until my little boy was at nursery but I gave in and washed a whole load of newborn clothes on Thursday! Think I'll wash all the ones that say 'up to 1 month' too over the next week or so. The little clothes just looked so lovely and tiny. Yep, definitely start a list on your phone. I looked at a few different websites and started to just make my own list. I think it's a good to have your bag easy to get to and then to just start putting the odd bit in over the next few days, then tick it off against your phone list. I noticed in Tesco today that the isotonic Lucozade Sports drinks are on offer, it's worth stocking up on the multipacks of those because they advise you to drink those in labour.

Ah thank you, I suppose you just get on with things don't you! Definitely starting to feel heavier and more tired though. Looking forward to finishing work and very glad that I'm only working 3 days a week!

Oh wow, you'll be moving again!