* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 16082 times)

0 Members

Offline MommyKenny

modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #70 on: 13/01/20, 23:43 »
Hannahdaisy, good to know you have more time off work, at this stage we just want to think baby!

Omnomnom, it seems you are all ready to go!  Thanks for sharing about hypnobirthing, first time I heard about that, so does someone hypnotize you?  Or I guess it's more like a relaxation technique too?

Maeve, none, this is our first and no offers from family or friends, to everything new for this lucky baby!

Katkat what was the doctors verdict on the itching?   

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #71 on: 14/01/20, 07:55 »
    Omnomnom I'd also be interested to understand what hypnobirthing is... Glad baby has turned around too!

Maeve, congrats on the over 28 weeks now!! I've only met my midwife once so far at 10 weeks and at this stage she just said continue whatever you do but it's up to my IVf clinic to advise what supplements to take and they said it's not to do with them anymore (when I asked them at 12 weeks) as am now under UK care and they need to tell me. And at the 16 week consultant app. I forgot to ask and now have no clue and just continued what I did before - multivitamin, Vitamin D, folate and omega 3... And aspirin. Hope that's all ok!

Afm , has the itching seen to and was told it's just contact allergy and nothing serious so that's good. Doctor gave me hydrocortisone cream which I am reluctant to take and some emollient gel which hasn't helped that much. I feel coconut oil does the best job, more than any of the expensive massage or pregnancy oils.

The last 2 days movement has become less and I can't helped but worry of course but there is the occasional 'high five' when I put the hand to my belly so there is a daily hello from the little one. Do babies have on and off days in the belly? There was so much activity last week and now not :/ maybe she doesn't like the working at a desk all day, who can blame, her I don't like sitting still either (although I was at a desk last week too but then she woke me up at night and now not). I know I had quiet days a few backs too but shouldn't it be regular now at 24+3?

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 14/01/20, 17:42 »
    Hi ladies I hope you are all well!

Katkat - I know what you mean. I will turn 25 weeks tomorrow and I barely felt the LO today. Also the movements are not as strong as they used to. I have a midwife appointment on Thursday and i will mention it.

Omnomnom - thank you for sharing the hypnobirth. Iíve been looking into some meditation videos on YouTube but canít say Iíve started yet. Planning to start yoga next week, but working full time and the class is 7:00 - 8:30, Iím so tired by then.

MommyKenny - so nice you started on the nursery. I havenít yet planning to in February.

Maeve - glad you are doing well. Is sleeping on the left side recommended?

AFM, as Katkat not much movement. Hopefully the MW will give me a bit of reassurance on Thursday. Started emptying the nursery, and will paint it in 2 weeks time. I feel Iím not prepared at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 14/01/20, 20:53 »
    Kitkat - obviously I'm not a medical professional so don't just trust what I say, but movement was quite on and off for me until about 26 weeks I think. I'm sure I read that before that they're still so small that they can tuck away and get into positions where movements aren't so obvious etc. Whereas when they get bigger you can't miss the movements! Baby has currently got hiccups as I type and seems to be leaning on one of my hips so it's just rumbling right through my bones, very strange feeling!

Ally - yep, sleeping on your left side is said to give the most oxygen to baby I think, something like that anyway! I find that I still get an achy left hip now though from my first pregnancy and did before I got pregnant this time. Think all that laying on my left side left some damage there but still having to sleep on that side now because there isn't much choice! Desperate to just lay on my back, looking forward to that in a few weeks.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 14/01/20, 21:50 »
    Thanks so much Hannahdaisy, this is really reassuring to hear! I am sure (hope!) It's just in a weird position as you say, I think I feel the odd bit down low by my bladder, so maybe she's curled up near there, whilst before it was high up above my belly button and I could even see some of the kicks and felt them sometimes at the same time there as well as low down as if there was some kind of stretching going on. I tried the ice cold drink, sweet juice, blasting music at my belly  ;D   ^idiot^ earlier but nothing, but I *think* I felt something by my bladder moving sort of towards the inside. Just have to try and relax.
    That hip thing sounds familiar, it's actually my right hip that hurts when I lie on the left side! Not long till you can lie in your back again

Ally it's a little worrying isn't it! You're really happy and relaxed and all seems fine one moment and then a couple of days later you suddenly get this worry out of the blue. I'm sure it's the same for both of us that they changed positions and with the anterior placenta maybe there are times we can feel less or hardly anything.
    I feel really weird getting any stuff at all, I don't want to jinx anything. Some really lovely helpful friend keeps on sending me links to things like cribs and baby bath and whilst I'd like to take advantage of offers etc I feel like what if I get something and then things go wrong and am sat on a pile.of baby stuff! Then again you'd have to start getting bits and pieces eventually! Bad things can happen at birth and wouldn't it be terrible if you had nothing at home at all till the baby was here :)  mental note to self, be more positive! All the best for Thursday k x

Online missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #75 on: 15/01/20, 05:46 »
    Ladies, do you mind if I join you? I have a May baby but that board is utterly silent so I have nobody to chat to! Thereís a few of youíve Iíve talked to/cycles with along the way. Iím 21 weeks now, had my 20 week scan a couple of days ago and all looked well. We decided not to find out the sex but both DH and I are fairly certain we saw some little boy bits!!

KitKat try and stay positive, these are the best odds youíve faced that everything will be fine by such a long way the chances of something going wrong now are incredibly low. Have you considered getting some help? Iím seeing a psychologist for CBT to help my anxiety as I was really struggling around 16 weeks but Iím doing so much better now. Also on the movement side, as HannahDaisy said itís still early - I donít think kick counting is recommended to start until 28 weeks for that reason itís not regular enough yet.

HannahDaisy the latest advice from Tommyís is that itís safe to sleep on either side it doesnít have to be left (https://www.tommys.org/pregnancy-information/sleep-side/sleep-position-and-stillbirth-risk-press-release) so if youíre getting pain I think itís ok to switch it up every once in a while to give yourself a break?

To everybody else I hope your pregnancies are all going smoothly!

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 15/01/20, 10:17 »
    Missl37, welcome! I am also technically supposed to be on the May/Jun thread (due date 03 May) but may be induced earlier due to age and IVF. So just stay here and chat away! So glad your scan went all well, it's quite a milestone, massive congratulations!

Just in case anyone else will ever be in the position, after 2.5 days feeling hardly any movement with most of the daytime nothing at all, it's come back last night. So as everyone said, it's probably totally normal and I shall put it down to shift in position of the baby, perhaps they curl up somewhere in a different part of the tummy, or have a few off days (I was told could be due to growth spurts), or kick inwards. I have never been happier before not having slept half the night! I am sure it will be the same for you Ally

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 15/01/20, 21:45 »
    Hi Missl - good to see you over here :) good to hear that your 20 week scan went well. Would love to have the patience for a surprise but just couldn't do it! My post probably wasn't very clear, I do sleep on both sides but must spend more time on my left because that's the one that just aches a lot. Maybe after the baby's born I'll see the osteopath again. After my last pregnancy she told me that I had a misaligned spine and a wonky pelvis!

Kitkat - good to hear!

Feeling so tired this week! Been a weird one because our son has started nursery and that's giving us both strange feelings I think! He only did about an hour and a half on Monday and they said he was fine and is doing longer tomorrow. I'm excited for him and bet he'll do so many fun activities but it's the first time we've left him with 'strangers' and it's just really giving us those 'that's our baby' feelings and worrying about him a bit. Kind of didn't think I'd feel like that. Hoping to get him settled there and used to it before baby comes so that it's not another new, strange thing for him.

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #78 on: 16/01/20, 15:52 »
    For the ladies that enquired - personally, I would not describe hypnobirthing as entering a state of hypnosis but others might disagree. They provide you with some soundtracks that I would describe as similar to 'spa' music & they can send you to sleep because they're so relaxing and therapeutic but that's really as close as it gets for me. Our classes are run by 2 experienced midwives who talk you through everything you should expect for labour & birth (like a regular birthing class). Here's just a few things we discussed last week:

- adopting a calmer approach to labour by channeling in to all the positives
    - restoring feelings of control as you work through your labour
    - altering your previous perceptions of labour/birth
    - understanding how chemicals/hormones affect the progression of labour (endorphins, oxytocin and adrenaline)
    - learning how to effectively shield yourself from any negativity shared by others (whether intentional or unintentional)
    - substituting common words that are used (for instance they would call a contraction: a surge and pain: discomfort)
    - listening to therapeutic soundtracks (with or without vocals) and practicing breathing exercises to help you enter a deeper state of relaxation
    - getting your birthing partners involved which I love! He was massaging my head, neck and along my spine during the last class & I thought I might marry him all over again

We finished both classes by watching wonderful videos of ladies who used these techniques in a birthing pool. Next week it's a 'dry land' birth. It's just incredible to watch them remain completely in control and ultimately boss it. I never thought labour and birth could be such a positive and ultimately empowering experience. I've only ever watched 'One Born Every Minute' as a reference and I don't believe every story-line promotes confidence in a mum-to-be.

But yeah, if you're willing to apply yourself then I really couldn't recommend it enough :) & in 7 or so weeks time I'll let you know how effective it was! Or not, haha.

HD - I've officially packed my hospital bags/travel suitcase. Didn't think I would enjoy it so much but it's all ready to go! Such peace of mind knowing DH won't be running around clueless & I'll end up at the hospital unpacking an alarm clock, 1 flip flop, expired vouchers for a sky dive and cat treats -.- I just know he'll look at me with wide eyes and go "I panicked!". I hope your son settles soon and you get some comfort in that before LO arrives. Can't imagine how quick time must fly when they're that little. Especially once his brother arrives!

missl - Love that you've joined this thread! Don't know how you found the resistance to avoid knowing the gender! I wonder if your hunch will turn out right or you'll get a real  surprise on the day. Either way it will be such a special moment. 

katkat - Lovely to hear that you've felt lots more movement recently. I've had days where it appears our son has got a right wriggle on & he obviously has lots to do and then usually the day after this his movements are much softer and less frequent. I always imagine him probably yawning lots & enjoying a Netflix and chill day in there :)

ally - If you manage to do the yoga then fantastic. I remember finishing work just before Christmas & only ever wanting to crash on the sofa so I completely appreciate what you're saying. When does your maternity start? Sounds as if you need some time in your week to fit this all in. Hopefully your midwife appointment went well today! I'm sure you'll start feeling more movement as the weeks progress.

mommykenny - Yeah pretty much a relaxation method more than anything. I figure it can only be a good thing. Hows your nursery coming along?

Haven't managed to get hold of the Dr's. Our practice has temporarily relocated to another surgery so they're obviously feeling the pressure. I'm going to drive to them tomorrow to try and book an appointment in person. I have some Vit D capsules in the meantime I'm taking. Fingers crossed these will suffice. Have a growth scan tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. Love getting a sneak peak of him & seeing what he gets up to!

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 16/01/20, 15:53 »
    Apologies for the ridiculously long messages by the way  :o

I really do talk too much!