* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 11566 times)

0 Members

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #80 on: 16/01/20, 21:19 »
Omnom - I think it's definitely worth doing and will make you feel more prepared and relaxed. Hoping to hear that it worked!

Ah amazing, nice to have that ticked off of the list! Haha I thought the same thing on NYE when I thought I lost my plug, I had the image of my partner having to rush home and try and pack for me in a hurry! I think I just have a few smaller bits to buy like some cheapy slippers, maternity and breast pads (although I think I have quite a few left somewhere), Lucozade, ready made formula with the teats included. Think I have most of the other stuff, just need to actually pack it. Think we need some size 1 nappies for the baby. Will sort those things out once I get paid. Longest month ever!!

He spent 4hrs at nursery today and they said it all went well again so he's starting full sessions next week. He's just doing two days a week at the moment on my days off, half a day. Time definitely flies, can't believe he's 2 now!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 19/01/20, 11:41 »
    HD - Thank you! It just feels better knowing that I at least tried a more positive approach than spending my time stressing. Do you think you will breastfeed or go straight to formula? I really want to breastfeed so I've been advised not to take any formula or bottles to the hospital to avoid the temptation if we get off to a shaky start. Really hope we establish that ideal latch before I'm discharged and I'm on my own. So much uncertainty with it being my first. Brilliant that you've covered the most important items in your bag now! I love the peace of mind it brings. I was wondering about nappies too. The midwives told me not to take any as they supply them at the hospital but someone had kindly got us some already. I'm packing them just incase. I didn't even think about breast pads, I best add them to the bag!

Wow, to think you're gonna be caring for a newborn and a 2 year old!! It's a great age gap for the boys. Family life always looks so jam packed and exhausting, but equally full of the most amazing, fulfilling moments. Its what it's all about. I hope to be in your shoes in a few years making those precious memories with a few LO's. Lovely to hear how well he's doing at nursery. I bet it feels way too soon for full sessions 🙈.

We had a very productive day, Friday. Secured a Dr's app & picked up my meds. Got to see our boy via the growth scan. He's 4lb11. She said everything looked perfect and she couldn't believe how much hair he has 😍. He's managed to get himself back into the breech position so in 3wks time when I'm 36wks, they will talk me through my options if he hasn't spun back round himself. Can't wait for our 4D scan this Saturday with DH, Mum & Mil. Really hoping he's in a photographic mood!!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #82 on: 19/01/20, 19:51 »
    Here comes an essay!

I'm finding that to be quite a tricky question! I'm going back and forth in my head and my reasons are probably quite selfish and not very good really, although obviously I know everyone is entitled to feed however they want!

I had in my head that I would breastfeed our first baby for a while, even if it wasn't for long, and that I would try and pump so my partner could help etc, maybe top up with formula and mixed feed if I have to. That all changed when I actually gave birth and he didn't seem to want to breastfeed, I was being 'milked' by the nurses and midwives which was pretty horrendous to be honest, especially when you're in and out of consciousness! They were putting it into syringes or little cups and giving him tiny bits to drink but we ended up having to use the formula anyway. I then tried to pump when I got home and nothing was really happening. Found out afterwards that large amounts of blood loss tend to affect milk supply but nobody at the hospital told me that!!

I feel like it's making me base it on last time, I dunno. I'm going to take some to be prepared and just go with the flow I think. My pretty selfish reason for formula feeding is also because myself and my partner used to take turns in the night to stay with the baby in the living room and then obviously it was that person doing the feeding and we liked how that worked and planned to try to do that again. One of us would do 10pm-2am while the other slept in bed and the other would do 2am-6am, so for about 6 weeks one of us slept on the sofa and one in bed. Worked well for us coz every night you got a 4hr stretch of (mostly) undisturbed sleep!

As I say, I know that sounds selfish though, and I've never tried to trick myself into believing that breast isn't any better etc, I know it is.

I agree with that advice, using the milk would probably be very tempting if it wasn't going well! I think if times got desperate the hospital would probably give you some anyway, they usually have a supply of the formula with teats but don't tend to advertise it. Amazing that they give you nappies too, ours don't! At the hospital my friend gave birth at they supplied the formula if you chose to bottle feed. I would totally recommend Aldi nappies by the way, they're always winning awards and are ridiculously cheap!

Family life really is jam packed, and I think it's funny how your weekend/free time plans change. Whenever we have an empty weekend now it's always about pleasing him and we honestly do get satisfaction out of going to places like the farm and seeing the wonder and happiness he gets from it. We also got National Trust passes so that we could go on pretty walks with the pram, something we never would've done pre-babies! I'm sure this'll be you in a few years time :) watching the siblings together.

Regarding nursery, got given the login for the app they use to pass on information and it might sound silly but it really warmed my heart seeing it. It told you what he had for breakfast and snacktime and that he ate it all, told you about when they changed his nappies etc. Just was nice seeing that he must've been settled to eat etc and then he cried again at pick up because he was in the garden enjoying himself and didn't want to go. Just want him to have a lovely time while he's there! He's staying for lunch tomorrow too so hoping that goes well.

Aww, I hope your 4D scan goes well, it's so magical seeing their little face! Love when they tell you the weight too (even though I found it to be off!), we have a scan at the hospital on Wednesday and I hope they take the measurements, not just check the placenta. Found a copy of the last scan we had before the birth of our first son and it says 7lb 15oz and then he was 7lb 6oz, not too far off I suppose but we expected him to be huge!

We find out our c-section date after the scan too, eek!!

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #83 on: 19/01/20, 21:00 »
    HD - I donít think that you are selfish at all. Each person is so different. Itís great you DH is so Involved and helping you. It is ideal. I would like to breastfeed, but I know might not be able to so not making any plans really. My MW hasnít even discussed it with us to be honest. Iím glad the LO is settling in, will make things so much easier for you.
    Kat - pleased the LO is moving more now. Mine too. Especially yesterday I had too much sugar .. not very good of me I know. My DH told me she is getting very active when I fall asleep too. His hand is on my tummy so he can feel her. MW advised to start counting the kicks.
    Omnomnom - thank you for sharing the Hypnobirth info, so useful. I donít think Iíll have the time but trying to listen to meditation as much as I can. My due date is 29/4 and first day of ML is 20/04 if everything goes well. Trying to have more time with LO at home.
    Miss73 - welcome and congratulations!

Afm - the appointment with the MW went very well. She did advise to sleep on my left side, can try right side too, but better on my left. With regards the LO activity she did encourage to get in touch with the hospital if I was worried but also try and have something to eat, like fruits that are sweet and go straight away into the blood stream and lie on my left side for approx 2 hours and monitor the kicks. I can of course do this only in the evenings because all days Iím away at work.

When did you start preparing the hospital bag btw?  x x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #84 on: 19/01/20, 21:36 »
    Thank you Ally! I suppose it's just when I think that it's what your body was made to do, and I probably will be able to do it if I stick at it this time. Just makes me feel a bit bad, just because I want to get a bit more sleep and share feeding! As I say, think I'll just go with the flow. See if I can be helped to breastfeed in hospital and see how it goes from there. My midwife hasn't said much about it this time, they've definitely asked but it was quite a passing comment, not a big conversation.

Nice for your partner when they can start feeling movement isn't it. My partner has always found it a bit strange!

I haven't actually started packing my bag and I'm 32 weeks now, but might start this week actually while my son's at nursery. I have my nighties that I took with me last time, need to get those out and put them into the wash. Sure I've got a few things ready that I'll be able to put in there. Need to check my list.

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 20/01/20, 22:44 »
    HD - Breastfed or formula, I don't think anyone should feel ashamed of their choice (or lack of, as sadly can be the case). Sounds like a wonderful opportunity for your partner to have time to bond with your son and if you both get some guaranteed sleep on top of that then it's a no brainer! The way I see it is that it should be what works out best for you and your family. I sort of feel bad that my DH won't get to bond whilst feeding if I completely avoid bottles (which I'd like to) but I have to remind myself that they will find lots of other things to bond over, even if it's just playtime and cuddles. How did his stay for lunch go at the nursery? Ah, I really hope they give you a size estimation on Wednesday. You've got an exciting week what with the c-section date too! I'd love to be told the date my son will arrive 😂 information like that is invaluable when you're a planner like me.

Ally - Totally understand why you'd want to leave your ML so late. I would have done the same. I found my pregnancy to go so quick whilst I was working, so I'm envious in that respect. It's definitely slowed for me now.

In the last 2 days I'm having short, sharp cervical twinges and wondering if LO has changed position again. My back is quite achey too. His movements are getting almost uncomfortable now and they look so exaggerated through the skin. Still have 6wks to go 😶. To think he's only going to pile on the weight and get stronger is worrying me a little.

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    « Reply #86 on: 20/01/20, 23:59 »
    Hello Miss, thank you for the reference about sleeping on your left side - I really thought I should, so it's good to know I can shift positions. 

Hannahdaisy, having a terrible two toddler and a newborn baby will truly be a challenge.  Do you plan to get some help? 

Omnomnom does your belly size still come in range?  Your RE or OB would probably know what's best for you.

Ally, do you plan to have a maternity leave soon?  Or are you having leave only after baby is born?

Katkat glad to know baby started kicking again (sounds like we love to get our asses kicked!)

I'm 30w1d now and grateful for each passing day :)  Just turned a year older and we had a quiet celebration with my partner at home.   Wasn't too keen on having to put on nice clothes and things to go on a night out.     

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #87 on: 21/01/20, 21:55 »
    Omnom - thanks! Nice not to feel judged because, as I'm sure you know, some people feel VERY strongly about it. I keep going backwards and forwards at the moment, but think I'll just see what happens and I'll be prepared with some formula. Don't worry about your husband bonding. I think feeding is a lovely way to bond, but as you say, there are plenty of other ways for him to get involved and I'm sure he'll bond brilliantly with baby.

Regarding nursery, he ate his breakfast and snack again but barely ate any lunch. Not sure if it's coz he didn't like it/wasn't hungry or if it's because lunch time is quite busy and it was so new. I think breakfast is quite quiet because some kids come a bit later and don't have it and then snack time is quite relaxed I think, not sitting in the dining room bit. Sure he'll start to learn the routines soon and become more comfortable with it all. Got tears again when he left on Monday, think he ends up enjoying himself and then doesn't want to come home.

Yep, the appointment is now tomorrow, eek! I'm excited to have the scan and see if I get a date like they said, but also feeling a bit nervous, not 100% sure why though. Maybe because knowing the date is so major?! I'm the same as you, love to plan and write things into the diary, countdown to things etc.

I've been feeling the same with movements recently. Not the cervical ones so much, but sometimes they're feeling so hard on my stomach and like they're really stretching the skin. I've been wondering the same about the next few weeks seeing as he's only going to get bigger and stronger! I don't remember it feeling like this the first time around because my placenta was at the front and cushioning it a bit.

Maeve - yes, think it's going to be challenging, but also lovely. My eldest son is getting very headstrong and definitely knows what he wants now. He's also quite heavy so it's tricky to lift him when he goes all floppy and has a tantrum. I just think I need to get through each day, one at a time and I will find what works for us. Sure it'll all fall into place and so many people have this age gap that I know it'll be ok! Well my eldest will carry on going to nursery twice a week which will give a little break where I'll just be with the baby and will probably take him to a club or something one of those days. We also both have our families living nearby and I'm sure they'll be over often or want me to bring the boys over to visit for a few hours.

Happy birthday!

Offline MommyKenny

modify
    « Reply #88 on: 22/01/20, 10:09 »
    Maeve - Happy Birthday!  That's even better, more quality time at less cost!

Hannah - nothing like extended family to help us along!  You are lucky your family is just nearby.

Omnomnom - sorry to hear about your aches and pains.  I hope things will be better.  6 weeks is just a little over a month, it will fly by quick, you'll see!

Ally, it's best to prepare a hospital bag even if you're still a long way off.  Those precious seconds might mean a lot during emergencies.  It will remove some stress away too knowing you got things you need right in there.  Add in some books, magazines or music to help ease your nerves.

Nearing 31 weeks now.  Simply loving counting baby's kicks.  I just like feeling him move down there!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #89 on: 22/01/20, 21:37 »
    Had a bit of a crazy appointment today! I was called into the scan room pretty much straight on time which was brilliant. Baby is doing well on the measurements, mostly around the 50th centile apart from the femur length which was shorter. Very different than my eldest son who even had some measurements off of the chart! Very interested to see what similarities and differences there'll be. The estimated weight was 4lb 6oz today.

Then they told me to go and tell the midwives that I needed to see the consultant. Went and told them, the midwife wrote my name down on something and told me to go back and wait. Was waiting for ages and then I realised it had been almost 2hrs!! Went to go and check and they'd put my name on the wrong list. Ahhhhh!

They said my consultant couldn't see me but there was a doctor. Finally saw the doctor and he pretty much just wanted to say that the scan was fine and book me in for another appointment. I had to keep going on about the fact that the consultant said we'd book the date today etc, he was saying he didn't want to do that because he didn't know what my consultant had planned. Anyway, got it sorted in the end! All booked for 11th March, exciting, scary, lots of different things. Also, that's my partner's birthday so she's now going to have a birthday buddy for life. She has mixed feelings about that haha.