* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 11560 times)

0 Members

Online Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #90 on: 23/01/20, 12:03 »
HD - Ah we have a date!!! How awesome is that?! 🥳 Even better that its on your partners birthday. I think that's a lovely thing to share. Though an expensive time of year for you, haha. I can't believe they had you waiting around for hours! They're obviously all over the place. All that matters is baby is doing well and you got your date, eeeeek! Reassuring to hear your weight is similar to mine seeing as we are due quite close together.

Consultant app was as expected. LO still believed to be breech though I'll know for sure at the 4D Saturday. His movements have calmed the last few days. I've eaten less sugar lately and I wonder if that's had any effect. Didn't attend my hypnobirthing last night (much to my disappointment) as I've been ill this last week. I couldn't bear the thought of passing it to the lovely ladies I share a class with. Some of them are expecting in 3/4wks time. I'm so gutted but luckily I can access alot of the content online so it will keep me busy whilst I wallow in self pity over a cold 😂.

Maeve - Yes, all within range. Nothing seems to concern them since they sent me for the initial growth scan which revealed he was an average size. My BMI was 'underweight' when I first saw my consultant. I wonder if this affects how much I feel his movements. Thankfully the twinges have stopped now. I was advised it could be braxton hicks but I really don't think it was. I reckon he was brushing against the cervix or a nerve. Happy birthday for a few days ago BTW! 💐. Until I have a nice outfit, I never want to go out and that's proving more difficult to achieve lately as I don't find maternity evening wear to be all that flattering, haha.

Mommykenny - Thank you, I know you're right. I need to just grit my teeth through the less than comfortable parts and remember just how worth it it will be. I didn't realise you were so close behind us with dates. Lovely to hear how much your enjoying those movements now 🧡.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 23/01/20, 16:11 »
    I know, I think it's quite sweet to share a birthday. She doesn't want her birthday forgotten about though and I think is worried that we might not be able to go out in the evening or anything coz you'd feel bad about it being your child's birthday. I dunno, let's see! I can understand why she thinks that because people do tend to focus on the babies! Will do my best every year to make sure that she has a nice birthday too.

Only a few more days until your scan :) shame that you missed the hypnobirthing but it's good that you can still access things online.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 24/01/20, 16:52 »
    HD, congrats on getting the date sorted - and your partner having a birthday buddy for life is quite nice :)

Maeve, a very happy belated birthday to you!

Aaw Ally, so nice the baby is moving a bit more now, so reassuring isn't it

Omnomnom, just about 5 weeks now for you, then your life will change. A lot!  ;D How exciting

AFM, had the GTT (all good), urine test (all good) and blood test for the liver on Tuesday - the LFT is fine but I have raised ALT levels. When I google this then I can see a connection between my severe itching and this raised level, and I dearly hope that I don't have ICP (intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy)! That is exactly the reason I went to see my GP a few weeks ago who sent me home with a hydrocortisone cream (that I haven't used). Does anyone know about raised ALT levels, what does it mean? I need to do a repeat test in a week's time. I read somewhere that sometimes the multi-vitamin and pills can raise ALT levels, if I stop taking any pills surely it can't be too bad for baby if I eat healthily anyway, right?

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 26/01/20, 13:53 »
    HD - That's understandable if she thinks her birthday might be overshadowed. Hopefully if you make hers just as special she won't mind ☺️.

Katkat - Very exciting! Though equally terrifying, haha. I don't have a clue about the ALT levels sadly. I wouldn't have thought avoiding the pills and eating healthily as you said is going to be a bad thing. At least it might give you an idea of how that impacts those levels and whether it makes any difference with the itching. Good to hear the other tests have come back all normal.

We had our 4D scan & without sounding biased, our little boy is beautiful 🥰. My mum was stifling tears bless her. He's still very much breech, but we have a few more weeks yet. Personally I don't think he will budge and I'll be booking an elective. He's been breech for so long now that he's obviously very comfy. I won't be entertaining an ECV. It's just not for me after all the research. Neither do I want to try a breech vaginal birth. So at this stage my birthing plan is completely dependant on what he decides to do. I'm happy to have him naturally if he's head down and equally I don't mind a caesarian if he doesn't turn so no worries either way. 

They measured him at 5lb11 🙈. I've been advised by just about everyone that it really can be a few pounds either way so to not take a great deal of notice. Sonographer was happy with all his measurements and that's all that matters. I can't stop looking at his photos. I just want him in my arms now, he looks so gorgeous!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 27/01/20, 09:04 »
    Kat - can't offer much advice, sorry. One of my best friends had cholestasis though. She was super itchy so went in to get checked and I think she was 38 weeks so they induced her straight away, only let her go home to quickly get her bag then made her come straight back. A whirlwind! Think the way that they deal with it depends how far into the pregnancy you are if they find that you have it.

Omnom - Will have to celebrate hers early this year, maybe the weekend before or something so that she still gets to do something nice. Have to have a think about what would be do-able. Aww, I'm sure he is gorgeous :) lovely to see them isn't it. Good that you know he's breech beforehand and can make the decisions you need to. My friend that I just mentioned found out that her baby was breech when she was already at 9cm and got rushed to theatre for an emergency c-section and they told her that if they got there and she was 10cm she'd have to deliver breech! Do you know when they'd do the final check and make a decision about whether to book an elective?

modify
    « Reply #95 on: 27/01/20, 14:26 »
    HD - I reckon she'll love the fact you've made it extra special on a seperate occasion. She might get used to the idea 😄.

It really was amazing to see his little face. He gave us a split second smile and we all melted. I just know he's going to be so loved and admired and that's a wonderful feeling. They've booked me in for a scan on Feb 11th when I'll be 36+4. Once they confirm his positioning is breech I guess we request booking the elective as soon possible for the 39th week or whatever. I don't know who in particular books this so I will ask at my midwife appointment next Friday.

If he's not breech then 🥳 I will continue my hypnobirthing techniques just in case. Your friends story is literally my worst nightmare. The thought of him ever being put in a risky situation like that makes my stomach churn.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 27/01/20, 15:36 »
    Haha, yes probably! It'll be like getting 2 celebrations every year.

Did they say that you'll be seeing a doctor or consultant after the scan? I was booked to see someone after my placenta scan last week and then that was when they booked it. It was the same during my last pregnancy whenever I had a growth scan, you always had the scan and then went back to the waiting room to discuss the scan with the doctor or consultant.

modify
    « Reply #97 on: 27/01/20, 17:26 »
    Unfortunately the communication skills between the departments at my hospital are rather pants. Between the MW, consultant and sonographer, nobody seems to be able to write out the paperwork for the next appointment or scan. I have to reiterate that I'm potentially going to leave without a follow up and they often go 'oh sorry, here' and scribble on the back of a form. After explaining to the MW that I didn't want an ECV, she just nodded like she understood and told me to wait for the 36wk results. She didn't even write in my notes so I'm guessing I will have to explain to the next MW (appointment is a few days before the 36wk scan) that I need to know how I go about discussing the scan results and possibly preparing for an elective caesarian (picking a date, etc.) They're really not forthcoming with information though. It can be frustrating.

Wish mine was as simple as yours 🙈.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 28/01/20, 20:43 »
    That sounds like a pain! Do you mean your 36 week appointment? Do you have long before that one?

I've got my 34 week appointment tomorrow. Wonder if I'll get anymore info about the c-section or if it all kind of waits until the pre-op appointment the week before.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 28/01/20, 21:00 »
    Omnomnom,my clinic is the same, totally disjointed. I was supposed to have MW appointments after each scan which hasn't happened and my MW is really not very nice either. Nobody talks to each other and they keep on sending me to the wrong places to do bloods, scans, etc etc. Anyway I hope this all doesn't matter and what counts is the delivery of a healthy baby for you. I stopped my mutli vitamin, not sure if it's got anything to do with anything but my ALT were slightly lower today Vs last week.

HD, pretty scary though about your friend!  The 4 D scan must have been really lovely and reassuring!

Afm had my repeat bloods today and although my bile acids thankfully aren't raised, my ALT is elevated but I don't think dramatically, plus it's a tad lower than last week. I will have to do weekly bloods from now onwards to keep an eye on it. I overheard the MW say 'cholestasis' to her colleague but she didn't mention it to me. It's just a bit early, usually people develop cholestasis after 28 weeks and I've been itching at least since week 21. I am 26+3 today. Just have to hope the ALT doesn't go up, been similar this and last week. Ugh! Why does my liver play up? I eat and drink healthily, do sports, and my liver was perfectly fine before this pregnancy!