* Author Topic: BFP Due Date - March/April 2020  (Read 14542 times)

0 Members

Offline MommyKenny

modify
BFP Due Date - March/April 2020
« Reply #40 on: 9/12/19, 04:58 »
Hello katkat finally jumping over to this thread, happy to be here!  I felt my baby move at 18 weeks, that must have been it for you too!  It was just slight too but I'd like to believe it was baby alright!  I'm 20w3d now, soo happy to have reached half of this journey, still counting every single day.  I had my first scan in September and will be having another one this week - can't wait!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 9/12/19, 21:18 »
    HD - Ah it would be lovely if the MW was out with her measurements and he was smaller. Her prediction is quite nerve-wracking to be honest. Only have to wait until next Tuesday to get a better idea of his growth pattern. She's confident all will be fine so I'm choosing to have faith. No more NHS scans offered for me now sadly, just MW apps. What about you? I have booked a private 4d scan at the end of Jan, so DH, mum and mother-in-law can all nose at him one last time before he makes his appearance. When is the spa booked for? Excited for you!

Katkat - I find it really difficult to describe the movements. When they first started at 17 weeks, they were mere twitches/jabs just like how & where you're describing. Quick, sudden flickers of movement which felt more pronounced if I laid on my back and put my hands on my tummy. Thrilled to hear everything went well at your last appointment. I look forward to hearing the same about your 20wk scan. Won't be long at all now!

Mummykenny - Welcome to the thread 👋. Do you know the gender yet or is this something you're finding out this week? Best of luck with the scan, although I'm sure you won't need it.

Are any of us shopping yet?! I've literally just started picking up some bits. I even questioned whether I should pick up a breast pump in the Black Friday sales but decided against it. Chances are it will be even lower come January. Lots of opportunities over the next few months to grab the most expensive stuff in the bargains.

4x hypnotherapy sessions/birthing classes booked for January - quite excited to attend. Hopeful that DH will get something out of it as he's quite nervous and clueless, bless him. Also looking at 4 day retreat somewhere relatively local to give us a little 'us' time before LO arrives. You've definitely got me all envious booking Spa days, haha. Only 3 more weeks of work. 29th December could not come quick enough!!

Symptoms at 27+3 weeks:

- Short bursts of energy followed by an urge to take a breather
    - Quick to dehydrate if not careful
    - Cramps in legs, feet and fingers (probably the above causing it)
    - Slowing of digestive system (very mild/occasional constipation)
    - Gassy 🙈
    - Appetite to consume large meals but limited stomach capacity = rib ache
    - Very itchy belly despite application of cocoa butter and bio oil daily
    - Migraines (which I have always suffered with) have increased
    - Addiction to cleaning has become a bit obsessive. Smell of the products I think
    - LO's movements have become really pronounced & at times almost uncomfortable, though I still coo over them

Thought I'd make a note of these as a never did start a pregnancy diary. Perhaps others can relate 🙌.

*Due to the ocular migraines, protein in urine & rib discomfort, I will be asking the consultant next Tuesday to check my risk of pre-eclampsia again. The MW checked my blood pressure the other week and said it would be abnormal if there was a risk. Hopefully the consultant agrees I don't have it.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 12/12/19, 08:13 »
    Let's see what they say to you on Tuesday. As I say, they were saying Fin was big for a long time and then I got such a shock when they called out that he was 7lb 6 in theatre! I'm booked in to see the midwife on Wednesday but have been trying to contact them to change it as it's my school's carol concert and I'd miss my class singing which would be a shame. It's my day off today so will have to keep ringing them. It's a new area in the hospital and they often have nobody manning the desk, it just has a sign when you get there telling you to sit and wait to be called. That's fine but causes trouble when you want to ring and talk to them!

Went to the spa last weekend, was lovely. Ate lots of fancy, healthy food, laid in bed and around the pool reading, had a massage. Have decided that I prefer it when I'm not pregnant though because it meant no jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, wine etc! Will just have to go back after baby is born!

Aww, I like 4D scans but my partner isn't so keen! We've got one booked in for Saturday though and both our mums are coming and so is my sister, same as what we did with our eldest son. Excited to see baby's little face!

I've done a little bit of shopping, but just using most stuff from my little boy! Ordered our pram though and it's coming tomorrow. Went for a double iCandy Peach with the new material, grey twill. It was on pre-order so no chance of any Black Friday deals :( sure you'll get some good Boxing Day deals. Worth looking online on Christmas Day too if you can because some sites start early. You can probably find a good spa/holiday deal too.

Definitely having some of the same symptoms as you. I'm 26+5 today.

MommyKenny - hope your scan goes well this week :)

Offline ally389

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 15/12/19, 14:25 »
    Hi ladies, may I join you? I had our 20 weeks scan on Wednesday and we found out we are having a baby girl. We are so so happy. Still anxious but trying to embrace this amazing journey. Our due date is 29th April.
    I am a bit worried because I havenít felt the baby yet .. has this happened to any of you at all? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 16/12/19, 13:27 »
    Hi Ally, congratulations :)

I think it's still quite normal to have not felt baby yet, especially if it's your first. I felt my first son move just before my 20 week scan and my placenta was at the front so they said it was normal not to be able to feel very much at the beginning, as the placenta was like a cushion and blocking me from feeling it. Did they mention that yours was at the front? That could be why you're not feeling anything yet.

Had our 4D scan on Saturday and baby wasn't quite playing ball! They were asleep and wouldn't move so it was tricky to get a good view of them. I went for a walk and had a drink and we ended up being able to get a look at his face. So lovely to see them. Also got our new pram delivered and set it all up so that's exciting. Looking forward to using it, but also torn because it looks so perfect and I don't wanna spoil it! Also sad to sell our old pram because I've really loved using it and it feels special!

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 16/12/19, 18:38 »
    Hi Mommykenny, congratulations! How did the scan go? Thanks for the info on baby movement. I am now convinced it is definitely movement I've felt. And once it felt like a slight punch into my bladder :) Very cool though!

Omnomnom and Hannahdaisy you are so many weeks ahead that I am still not sure if I should be here... Good to hear about the symptoms, it will be very useful for me later on :)

Hannahdaisy, is a 4D ultrasound worth it? Just to see the baby, or for medical reasons? I was planning on just doing all the NHS ones (as I get loads due to my age and IVF). Glad the little one moved after a little while!

Hey Ally, massive congratulations and so nice to see you on here! From my googling many women with an anterior placenta won;t feel anything till much later like 22-26 weeks. I have an anterior placenta as well and it was quite low at the beginning but apparently is now higher. I am pretty skinny and I wonder if that's the reason why am suddenly starting to feel something very slight. I honestly don't think there is anything to worry about if your scan was fine and the baby had movement then. You will just have to wait a little while longer.

AFM, 20w2d today and I can finally post here being a little more relaxed. Due date is 03 May, but they said they would induce me earlier due to my age if I make it till then, so a week earlier meaning due date around 26 ish April. We are also having a girl like Ally. I cannot believe how incredibly lucky I am, I was so so so nervous due to being 43, but all went well at the scan today. Just have to hope it continues this way. I literally haven't bought anything yet to wear so at the moment I am wearing trousers with the button open and some kind of a pregnancy band around it so I won't lose them when walking :) . Big jumpers and scarves at work as I haven't told anyone yet (will do tomorrow)! May post here as well as the May/Jun thread - don't really know where I belong hahaha, somewhere in between I guess!

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 18/12/19, 06:02 »
    Hi MommyKenny!  Jumping into this thread too!  Hello ladies hope you don't me me joining.  I'm 25w1d, and so happy to get over those tiring symptoms from the first trimester, especially the never-ending backaches.  Had a little scare with some light bleeding around 20-21 weeks but gladly, after a meet with OB, everything is fine.  Real busy now because of the holidays.  Merry Christmas everyone! ^santa^

Offline Omnomnom:)

• Hi :) I talk too much
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 19/12/19, 13:03 »
    Katkat - I'm in a similar position to you where I could be induced earlier and have a February birth but I just about remember to keep up with this thread, let alone another one 😂.

Congratulations Ally & Maeve88, and welcome! Lovely to see a more active thread.

HD - How fantastic that he let you get some decent snaps of his face. Very envious that you're getting to purchase the big stuff. Wish we could. I've listed everything that I want so it's ready to click 'pay' and I'll keep an eye on it all to see if it comes under any sales 🤞. Sounds like a great excuse to revisit the spa. Think I'll join you.

Appointment Tuesday went well. Baby doesn't seem to be following the huge curve thankfully, though I'm not sure how accurate the measurements are with those strips of tape. He's still larger than expected so I have an NHS growth scan booked for tomorrow. Will update you all more then. Can't wait to see him. He kept me up during the night having a right good ol' jig about. Won't be long before I'm giving those little hands and feet lots of kisses.

Recently moved into our new home so everything is everywhere and we can't afford much of the baby stuff yet as I've gone crazy decorating the new place. DH has asked for some patience, ha. I'm just so excited to be all prepared! Another week closer to our maternity leave 🥳.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 19/12/19, 14:01 »
    KitKat - if you'll be induced in April then you definitely belong here :) I know it feels like a big gap though! I think the 4D scan is a nice thing to do, a nice excuse to see their little face! They also do some measurements and checks for you too. Think this time they checked the heart, brain, some other organs, position of the placenta etc before looking at baby in 4D.

Maeve - welcome :)

Omnom - hope the move went well. Still quite a while to keep an eye on sales, we've just been a bit quicker with buying the pram so that I can hopefully sell the older one and need time to sort that out. Hope the growth scan goes well, just don't rely on that too much either, don't think you'll ever really know until they're here!

I saw the midwife yesterday and I'm measuring just under the 90th centile according to the measuring tape. Got a scan later in January to check the placenta location so not sure if they'll check the growth then too. Booked in to see the consultant yesterday and will see him on NYE. The midwife said he might set a c-section date, eek!

Offline MommyKenny

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 20/12/19, 01:08 »
    Hello ladies got some happy news!  We have a boy!  ^blueted^ DH is over the moon since that's what he wanted.  It's going to be a blue blue Christmas in a lovely way!

We've officially graduated Maeve, cheers!~

Hannahdaisy how many weeks are you on?  What made her say you might need a c-section?

Omnom, what an exciting year for you!  New house, new baby!  You must be looking forward to your leave so you can put things in order!

Ally and Katkat congratulations on your girls!  Katkat that's still four months away so you are very much belonging here now  ;)