* Author Topic: Confirmation letter from your doctor??  (Read 451 times)

0 Members

Offline Mayamara

• Un-Ranked
modify
Confirmation letter from your doctor??
« on: 16/08/19, 08:47 »
I hope somebody could help me on this.  I am getting totally stressed out.
Two years ago, I had a donor egg IVF at Procreatec in Madrid and gave birth to a baby one and a half years ago.  Now, my husband and I want to try for a sibling using the frozen embryo created during the last treatment.  We have completed all the required tests with no problem, but the clinic is refusing to treat me without a confirmation letter from my own doctor, declaring I am fit to go through the treatment. 
I live in Holland, and my doctor refuses to issue such a letter saying he cannot be responsible for the treatment another doctor is providing, which I think is totally understandable.  He says all he can do is to forward all the test results to Spain so the doctors over there can make the judgement themselves.  He thinks it's absurd that the doctors in Spain are not taking responsibilities, and I agree with them.

Has anybody been in the same situation?  Is it allowed for a spanish clinic to deny me the treatment??
When I had the first treatment, the confirmation letter was not the part of the requirement.  Now it is...  I asked to talk to the doctor directly, but she is on vacation for two more weeks!  I am going crazy here....

Maya

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline betty21

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 16/08/19, 09:59 »
    Hi - I too had this issue when I wanted to return to my clinic in Spain to use one of our frozen embryos this year , Iím wondering if this is a new clause with them as it didnít happen before with my previous pregnancies - the clinic needed confirmation that was I fit for pregnancy but mine was an age issue - obviously I donít know why your clinic is asking the same ?
    My Gp was not happy to give a letter saying that the clinic in Spain  was not going to be helping with any pregnancy issues that I may have if it worked but as I said to the doctor if I had gone on holiday and got pregnant naturally then any pregnancy care would fall on the uk anyway.
    My clinic in Spain in the end made me sign a disclaimer to any problems that I may have got- I also had to have a Skype meeting with the top doctor at the clinic so he could tell me the dangers I could have which was all obvious ones - like diabetes premature birth  etc etc, with which I said I was aware of and prepared to take the risk.
    If your doctor is not helping could you not see a private one for a medical to show general health and with your doctors medical notes that should be enough?
    I hope you get things sorted and can move along with your journey.
    It all worked out for me and Iím currently 25wks x

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 16/08/19, 10:20 »
    I donít see what the problem is with your dr doing this, all he needs to do is to write a short letter saying that your fit and healthy for another pregnancy. I had to do this for my clinic in Czech Republic when I cycled with them.

Offline Mayamara

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 16/08/19, 11:40 »
    Hi betty,

Thanks for your reply.  I just turned 49 myself and I had a gestational diabetes during the first pregnancy.  I don't know this requirement is because of my age and the medical history, or just a new procedure in Spain.  I have scheduled a phone appointment with the doctor upon her return from the vacation, and I am determined to insist on the treatment.  This confirmation letter is absolutely meaningless, like the letter you sign saying you will not sue in case something goes wrong, right?  I really don't understand why the clinic is insisting on this.  If something does go wrong, with or without the confirmation letter, my GP won't be liable.  It'll be Procreatec who is responsible.  If they refuse to treat me in the end, I am going to insist on referring me to another clinic that is willing to treat me without a confirmation letter and that they pay for the transport of the embryo.  If I knew they were going to be difficult like this, I wouldn't have used them in the first place, so I don't think this is an unreasonable request. 

I am peed that they just say they can't treat me, but don't give me any alternatives.  I will ask the possibility of signing a waiver, too.

Maya

Offline Mayamara

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 16/08/19, 11:42 »
    peed, not peed..... ;D

Offline Mayamara

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 16/08/19, 11:42 »