* Author Topic: Advice and recommendations for egg & sperm donor clinics  (Read 1080 times)

0 Members

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
modify
Advice and recommendations for egg & sperm donor clinics
« Reply #10 on: 22/08/19, 14:43 »
agree with Tincancat and countries she mnetioned, plus Poland (Invicta and Bocian) x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Ticktock40

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 22/08/19, 20:59 »
    Thank you for the info and suggestions ladies, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!  Sorry to ask but what is DD? is it double donation?  All these abbreviations are new to me. 

Strawberrysundae -  I'm so happy that Serum was good for you, once again interesting why they wanted you to have a hysteroscopy!  I have read very good things about Penny.

Clararose & innanya - I am going to check out Newlife clinic now.  Just out of curiosity does FET mean frozen egg transfer? or Fresh egg transfer?  If I'm understanding this correctly the most expensive procedure is the fresh egg transfer, followed by frozen egg transfer, and then adoption embryo?  have I got that right?

Thanks again, any advice or help is really welcome, I have no one to talk about this with other than hubby, and really need a female friend/s to help.

Thanks again
    TTx

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 23/08/19, 19:37 »
    Hi Ticktock
    With double donor in Cyprus they prepare the female donor whilst you are still in the UK and as you are using donor sperm no need for you to be there until day before transfer.  You can have all preparation in the UK scan etc.
    Cyprus don't tend to use frozen eggs.  Frozen sperm from a sperm bank is common in every country.  Many do embryo adoption so they take a look in the freezer and match you up.  You could in theory then fly there and back with just an overnight stay as you don't need to synchronise your cycle so have more control over when you fly out for treatment.
    TCCx

Offline njay

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 25/08/19, 01:13 »
    I would agree - my FS told me at 45 not to waste my time even though I am still ovulating and my uterine thickness is good, he said the quality probably wasnt great and to consider a donor, we are currently looking at north cyprus, Eurocare, North Cyprus IVF and Team Miracle (Cyprus IVF) is it ok to ask who you had your treatment with?
    many thanks

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 25/08/19, 07:31 »
    I went with Dr Firdevs when she was working out of Dogus Clinic.  Dr Sevket continues to run Dogus like he always has as the founder.  Dr Firdevs has split from her marketing/coordination team who continue to call themselves Team Miracle.  Communication with Team Miracle was an issue when I used Dr Firdevs so perhaps it's no bad thing she has parted company with them.  I understand Dr Firdevs now has her own hospital and has her own clinical team around her: Miracle IVF Centre.  Clinics in Northern Cyprus function differently to UK.  You can have several doctors working out of one hospital/clinic building as separate businesses or the Doctor will own the whole building and be the only one in that building thus it can be confusing.

Dr Firdevs was recommended to me and I was happy with the treatment I had with her.  Dr F, being the only doctor, is is very busy and you will have very little direct contact with her so it's important to have a good coordinator and be patient when waiting for replies, to specific clinical questions, which require Dr F direct input. I don't know what Dr F new coordinators are like.
    TCCx