Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

September 2019 - 2WW

7K views 50 replies 10 participants last post by  lanarkshirelass 
#1 ·
A thread for everybody testing in September 2019.

Good luck

Sharry xx

#2 ·
Hi,

FET done on 22.08.2019, so testing day is 05.09.19.

This is my 4th cycle of IVF but only 2nd transfer.

1st abandoned cycle.
2nd BPN
3rd Overstilmulation resulting in ovaries filling with blood and fluid during egg collection.
4th 13 eggs, 6 fertilised with ICSI. Only 2 survived for freezing.

On day of FET the better embryo did not survive the thawing process. So no back up embryo's and this it. I am not sure I could do it all again.

From yesterday I was getting mild 'period like' cramps. Not sure if this is a good thing or not?!?

I am using Cyclogest pessaries 3x day and also taking Progynova x3 tabs at night.

Good luck to everyone testing in September!!!

xx

#3 ·
Hi, I had my et on 1st Sep.  It was a compacted morula +  and I'm 43 so not keen on my odds, just trying go keep positive....this was my last go....

#4 ·
Hi ladies,

Can I join you? I had transfer on Monday. One on board! OTD is 12th September.

Best of luck to you all

#5 ·
morning all, ive been lurking for a while but havent dared post. I had one embryo transferred on the 28th August. Blood test is due on the 9th September.

I caved this morning and took a first response early detection test which showed a faint line but im worried i've taken it too early and it could be the residue of the trigger shot. Although that was almost 15 days ago now. I think id be 8dp5dt.

Good Luck to everyone testing x

#6 ·
Hi ladies

I had my 5 day transfer yesterday so I've offically made it into the two week wait! It's been a day of mixed emotions. I think it's going to be a long 12 days..! I'm happy with the transfer but I guess you just don't know..!

Hope everyone is doing okay xx

#7 ·
morning all :)

just off for my blood test but feeling quite confident. Now being the thing i promised i would never be (a serial tester) i took a test a 9dp5dt (faint line but darker than 8dp) managed to hold out till 11dp5dt and did another yesterday (darker line still positive) and then saved the digital for today as i know they are not as sensitive but in just over a min and a half the words pregnant!!

How is everyone else holding up? I think i went stir crazy during my 2WW and honestly have had no symptoms (other than being horribly sick last night but that could have been something i ate as i feel fine today.

Hoping for some final confirmation today and a good beta number :)

#8 ·
Jen that sounds really promising! I can imagine how you felt when the word pregnant appeared! When will you get the blood test result?

I'm 2dp5dt today - I had some sort of cramping/stabbing sensations during the night and what can only be described as a 'flutter' in that region. I noticed a tiny bit of brown spotting yesterday morning. I think my mind is causing me the most problems lol. It's hard to think about much else!

I've got some things I'm planning on doing today so hopefully a bit if a distraction.

#9 ·
Ladymac2019 - keeping distracted is the key. Got our blood results back and I'm defo pregnant. I cant quite believe it.

We have never got this far. Praying it sticks.

Sending everyone positive vibes!

#10 ·
That's brilliant news Jen! Congratulations to you and your partner! All the best for the scan and the weeks ahead

Xx

#11 ·
Congratulations Jen. That's great news and a great start to this thread.

Hope the rest of you are holding up ok....tww is tough!! Test day is Friday for me. I did good last week staying distracted but as we near test day I am doing more symptom spotting. The thing is I had the exact same symptoms in my failed FET in June as I did in my successful cycle so in my heart of hearts I know that any symptoms are probably related to the meds........but can't stop a girl wondering......

#12 ·
Lil75 - its so hard not to symptom spot, i genuinely didn't feel any different on this cycle to my other 3 failed ones. I got my test dates wrong and tested two days earlier than i should have so was surprised to get my BFP so early.

Do you do a home test or bloods? Got everything crossed for you.

x

#13 ·
Wow.....great you got the result 2 days earlier than otd! I have to get bloods done so think I'll wait for those results. I kinda want to stay in the PUPO bubble for as long as possible.......I am a chicken!!

#14 ·
Lil75 - i got my first 2 lines a whopping 4 days before OTD (was going to test 2 days before)

Waiting for the blood test results you will be crawling the walls. Was the longest 5 hours of my life! Fingers crossed its good news for you today :)

x

#15 ·
Hello Ladies,

Can I please join? I had a single blastocyst FET on 10th September

My OTD is 24th but I'll be at work on that day so going to go with 22nd with a frer and /or clearblue
I probably won't check back with result until then as still trying to keep my mind of it and so far I'm doing better than I have ever before.

Mands xx

Good luck to everyone.  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

#16 ·
Welcome mandamae - I’m sure I cycled with you back in June/July 2018.

The 2ww never gets any easier, keep thinking positive thoughts and fingers crossed you get that lovely BFP!

Lil75 best of luck for tomorrow, got my days wrong in my earlier message and though it’s was today lol,
X

#17 ·
Hi Jen,

Yes we did  :) . Thank you for your positive thoughts.

Unfortunately, I just don't know whats wrong with me but this time (my last ever) all my positivity has completely fizzeld out  :-\  My niece said she thinks it will work this time but I just feel like it won't. I've even booked a bank shift on a ward tomorrow (I'm a nurse) only an afternoon on a male rehab so not hard. Normally I would totally enjoy my time of work but now I just feel like I can't wait to get back (because it's not going to work anyway attitude) . Not sure I'll even test on 22nd, 24th or just wait for the weekend 28th or at all (I know this is crazy I'm sure I will).

Good luck and a sprinkling of  ^fairydust^ to all ladies in waiting

Mands xx

#18 ·
Mandamae - I always think it’s hard to get that balance of being hopeful whilst also trying to prepare yourself for all outcomes. It’s also easy to compare how you have been feeling on other cycles prepared to this one. I did a lot of positive thinking on this round compared me my others but honestly can’t say I felt any different (symptoms wise) to the other cycles. It’s so hard.

I have worked through my 2ww on cycles and have loved the distraction. I honestly think I’d have gone stir crazy otherwise. 

You aren’t out the game yet. I have everything crossed for a positive outcome!

Jen x

#19 ·
Hi Jen,

BTW congratulations I'm now  ^pray^  that your LO sticks nice and snuggly  :)

Thank you for your kind words. Back to work for me properly from tomorrow  :)  My positivity is out there somewhere it just hasn't come back yet  ;D  I suppose I'm now feeling fairly neutral if that's even a thing.

I have noticed the slightest slightest bit of cramping that only last a couple of seconds once today and 3-4 time yesterday. I hope I didn't imagine it  ^idiot^ and hope that if I didn't that it's a good sign. I'm otherwise my normal self no other signs really and what I do have can be put down to the progesterone.
So true I'm still PUPO! I think I will test on Sunday (12DP5DT) with a FRER because I'd rather find out on a day I'm not going to work .
Last time I tested early because I had been charting my temps back then and I noticed a change and It was positive. However, I have not charted this time so will not hopefully be tempted to test earlier.

Mands x

#20 ·
mandamae - im sure it will come back soon. I thought i had some slight cramping for a couple of seconds but honestly wasn't sure if there was anything in it. I've just been going through my daily diary and noticed that i noted that i had a lot of CM from around 5dp5dt which gave me hope and also the vagnial pessaries i had were a little harder to insert but i didn't think anything of it at the time.

i tested with FRER cos id had such a sleepless night on the wed i just woke up and needed to know either way so was very shocked to see 2 lines. Still doesn't even feel real sometimes!

Jen

#21 ·
Hi Jen,

My positivity has now found me  ;D  I feel 8/10 positive now  :) ^reiki^ ^pray^
I clearly was tired when I wrote that post or hopefully baby brain is kicking in already  ;D
I too have been keeping an electronic diary but have just been adding to it without reading it. Well today I noticed that I've had cramping since 3DP5DFET and small symptoms every single day since including bubbly feeling in Lower abdomen, have feeling a if AF is to visit, pulling sensation in lower abdomen, sharp pains for 30 seconds or so, thigh pain (I get this when AF visits) and twice now today and Monday very light pinky/orangey discharge with progesterone carrier exiting (normally pure white/light cream). Last year when I got my BFP I had zero symptoms like said I was just charting my BBT and saw a rise which made me test.

My 7 year old nephew has been very interested in my cycle this time and before I went off to Czech he asked me how babies are made. Well I told him ladies have eggs like chickens and then the daddies add something special and it become a baby. Well tonight he was in the car with me and he said 'Auntie Manda, How did the egg taste? Did it taste nice? I honestly wasn't sure what he was talking about so asked him which egg. "The one you swallowed into you tummy for your baby  ;D ;D ;D ;D  he didn't get the answer because then he asked me how babies get out of the tummy. I told him his big sister was cut out of mummy's tummy because she was lying funny.  :)
I've ordered 6 clearblue tests which should arrive tomorrow 4 normal 2 digital with weeks. Definitely can't hold out until Tuesday. I'll be lucky if I make it to Sunday  ;D ^fairydust^

Mands xx

#22 ·
Hi Manda,

Pleased that your positivity has found you. All of those signs seem very positive i really hope this is the one for you.

Kids are so funny aren't they? When i was going through my fertility stims my niece who is 6 was drawing pictures of the family on the shower screen door. Randomly when she drew me she drew a blob inside my tummy. How spooky is that? My sister both looked at each other in disbelief. This was before id had egg collection or anything.

I lasted less than 24 hours after buying my tests haha. And i only bought them on a whim when i was down the street. But they sat in the drawer calling my name. Is Tuesday your OTD test day? x

#23 ·
Hi Jen,

Yes my OTD is Tuesday but I'm at work that day. I booked today and tomorrow off thinking my OTD would be 20th (10P5DFET) probably because I tested on day 10 last year.
Feeling slightly nervous now because I was reading the thread: '2ww symptoms that went onto a BFP' and I read a post of one lady who has had two failed and one positive all her cycles she experienced similar symptoms to me. So much for me staying of FF for while ^idiot^ .

Sounds like your niece can predict the future ^pray^ ^reiki^ . Hopefully my nephew can too. He is aware of my MC last year but tell's me he thinks it will work. I have a STRONG feeling that my little embryo is a girl so I asked him boy or girl? he cited as if really thinking about it and said girl yet he wants me to have a boy. I really hope he can see the future too ^pray^ ^reiki^

Mands x

#24 ·
Hi ladies

Please may I join you?

We had FET; 2 x day3 embryos transferred on the 12th Sept, our OTD is 2 weeks later on the 26th Sept.

This is our very last cycle... praying with all my might that this cycle works  ^pray^ ^pray^ 🤞🤞

I have had a read through the thread and think you are all being super brave and really positive, it’s natural to have a wobble through the tww and hope we can all support each other through it 😘 xx

Loved reading about your nieces and nephews it’s funny what goes on in the minds, my daughter told another mum yesterday at school pick up time that mummy’s got a baby in her tummy 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

#25 ·
Welcome Audi! Ooh fingers crossed your daughter is right. It must be so scary being on your final cycle. How exciting to have transferred 2 embies. I would have loved to have the option but our clinic policy is only one. Not long know till the 26th! Do you think you will test early? I have been super positive this round and I'm convinced its help me be calmer and more relaxed.

Manda - its so strange how they work the days out, my clinic has always been 12dp for bloods but I've seen other clinic be as early as 9. At least with FET you won't have the panic of trigger shot like i did!. Reading posts on here can cause you to overthink everything. i lost track of the amount I've found myself consulting Dr Google and Nurse You tube. Remember everyones experiences are different through this tortuous 2ww.

AFM - counting down the days, hours and mins till the 23rd. Cant believe its been almost 2 weeks already.

#26 ·
Hi ladies. I'm joining the party late, my OTD is tomorrow. This is my 3rd transfer, 2nd FET. I've had a MMC and a BFN previously. I definitely feel different to my BFN cycle but that doesn't necessarily mean much. Feeling super nervous for tomorrow and actually don't really want to test, I quite like being in the bubble of possibility. Trying hard to keep my mind of things (and failing!) today. Wishing all of you the very best of luck with your 2wws xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.