Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

September 2019 - 2WW

7K views 50 replies 10 participants last post by  lanarkshirelass 
#1 ·
A thread for everybody testing in September 2019.

Good luck

Sharry xx

#27 ·
Welcome Audiprincess and Missl73

Missl73 I will be testing with you tomorrow (10DP5DFET) because I just cannot hold out any longer! But I know how you feel I’m also really nervous even though I’m so positive this time ( more than ever) . Gosh we may get wiser each time but the 2ww never gets any easier does it.

Audiprincess I know how you feel as I’m also on my final cycle 25k and 5 cycles so praying extra hard for all of us. I’ve been a member of FF for over a decade possibly 11 or 12 yrs and I can honestly say (having been on other forums) that FF has the most supportive members

Jen I know 5 day transfer and 14 days is strange. Well tomorrow it is I’ve decided now so that’s that!  ;D  Today  I have more light cramping, bilateral mild thigh pain and a definite increased frequency to pee. Positivity is still with me but along side some anxiety now.

Let’s hope that Jen is the trend setter here for September  :)

Mands xx

#28 ·
Welcome Missl73 - The PUPO bubble of possibility is always nice to stay in. Fingers crossed for you tomorrow will be thinking of you. Ive been going to bed super early just to take my mind of things and binge watched a huge amount of tv. Hope you manage to keep busy today!

Mandamae - I feel nervous for you! You have done well to hold out this long! Im glad you are feeling so much positive, its natural to be anxious because you want something so much.

I'll be going in my little room of positivity later and saying some wishes for you all.

x

#29 ·
Hi ladies,

Well I’ve tested 10 days past blastocyst fet and got a faint  ^BFP^ on a clear blue.
Just  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^  that this LO snuggles in nicely and grows healthy and is in the right place.

Missl73 thinking of you this morning  ^pray^

Mands xx

#30 ·
Congratulations Mands!!

Very excited to say I’m sharing my BFP with you this morning! I tested on a FRER and got a line darker than the control so things are looking good. Here’s hoping we have sticky little beans xx

#31 ·
Wow ladies you must be on cloud nine...biggest congratulations to you both 💓🥳 xx

Afm tested this morning 8dp 3dfet and bfn really hoping it’s just too early 😔 xx

#32 ·
I think it is still very early Audiprincess, especially with a FET which are thought to implant a bit later. Hold on in there, I think by 11dp3dt is when you’ll have a result you can trust xx

#33 ·
Audi princess it’s true whereas fresh blastocysts take 1-3 days to implant, frozen blastocysts take 3-5 days to implant. Since you had a 3 day fet I think it’s to early for you to test. Mine is only faint my OTD is Tuesday. (I had blastocyst fet) so hold off a few more days. When is your OTD?

Mands x

#34 ·
Thanks ladies I think I knew deep down it was too early but I’m a serial tester and so inpatient during the 2ww 🙈

Transfer was 12/09/2019, OTD not until 26th but clinic have just changed policy with FET saying if it’s a BFN on OTD to test 3 days later which will be 29th 😮 xx

#35 ·
Audi - I echo the others and think it might be too early especially with a frozen transfer. Hoping that it’s just taking a little longer to implant. It’s hard to know what results to trust when different clinics seem to have different timescales. It’s such a journey or emotions this 2ww. Was that the 1st test you had taken?

Mandamae - woo hoo!!!! Positivity works I’m telling you :) fingers crossed that it’s stays nice and sticky and snuggled in. I used FRER and thought the lines came up better on them than the clear blue. Maybe we should ask our niece and nephew for the lottery numbers as they clearly have second sight!!

Missl73 - that sounds really positive what a great start to the weekend. Now the anxious wait for the. Ext stage begins! Did you have One or two transferred. If the line is really dark that has to be a good sign!

#36 ·
Hi all,

Just wanted to start off with a big congratulations for all the BFP's so far and well wishes for all those waiting for theirs.

Had a 5-day FET on Tuesday (19th) and am now in the limbo of the dreaded 2WW.

This is my second round of IVF (at Zlin Clinic Czech Republic) having gone through a full OE ICSI back in 2015 which was a BFP but ultimately had no heartbeat at 6 week scan and ended up as a MMC.

I drove myself insane last time round, I think I had prepared myself for the procedure but not the "hurry up and wait" of it all. I'm also Bipolar type 2 so off my meds for this again - struggled last time but doing okish this time round - but I'm only in day 3 of 14 of this dreaded 2ww.

When we arrived home yesterday I went online to order some .10 early HPTs which - despite my selecting regular post and not courrier - arrived today via the postie (damn royal mail and their good service 😆).

Having some twinges and warm sensations down there - and urge to pee and a bit itchy (all the same as last time) but trying hard not to get my hopes up.

It's DH's and my anniversary today so heading out tonight for some dinner, trying to stay serene but can feel the facade slipping.

Trying to resist the urge to POAS, I know it's way too early, also I need to wait longer because it's an FET and I don't want to go nuts like the last time - this however is not helped by the fact that I thought I had bought 2 packs of 5 HPT early strips and 2 FRER's when it aspired I had ordered 2 X 20 strips of early HPTs and 2 X 2 FRER's..... I'm thinking about testing my husband's urine too just to use them up 😂😂.

Anyway, nice to hear other people having (some of) the same thoughts as me lol.

Hope you're all well and praying for lots of BFP'S.

LL.
Xx

#37 ·
Welcome Lanarkshire lass! sending you positive vibes to get you through this 2ww. I don't think it ever gets any easier and you do drive yourself insane. Some of the days seem to fly by and other seem to last a lifetime. When will you start to test?

Your story about the HPT tests made me laugh, at least you know you have plenty. I only bought 2 initially. Then i bought another 3 and I've been good in not buying anymore.

Keep busy and just try to enjoy the PUPO bubble. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome for you :)

#38 ·
Thanks Jen. It doesn't get any easier but being my second go I feel a little more prepared for it, thankfully.

I go back and forth on when to test. It weighing up wanting reassurance v not wanting to be disappointed and not torture yourself with more uncertainty (is it a BFN cause it's too early or is it just a BFN?)

Couldn't believe it when I opened the pack but as I remember from the last time I send DH out for about the same amount in the end 😂😂.

I just think there has to be some way round this 2ww nonsense but there isn't, it's like looking for some kind of secret that doesn't exist.

Xx

#39 ·
Lanarkshirelass - I wish there was like a magic potion to just help us hibernate for the 2ww lol. I was the same re testing then the wednesday night I had such a restless night. Couldn’t settle and I just needed to know either way so decided to do one.

Watching things that make you laugh and get the endorphins running is supposed to be good so I was watching loads of old comedy programmes on you tube. Anything just to keep my mind away from it.

Hope you holding up ok x

#40 ·
Same here, YouTube has been my saviour at the moment - but do you find yourself like properly hysterically laughing - it's like one extreme to the other at the moment :DD.

My DH has nicknamed me the H-BOMB where the H stands for Hormones, can't say I blame him, I had an absolute Progesterone rage on our anniversary - because he didn't look happy enough (seriously 🤦🏻‍♀️). Then was crying the next minute, for no discernible reason.

I feel for DH at the moment, I really do lol.

Xx

#41 ·
its totally normal! i burst into tears randomly and DF would say what you crying for and id be like i have no idea. Our hormones are all over the place so we are allowed to be a little crazy though.

its hard for them to watch us go through this rollercoaster, my fella has been amazing dealing with the mood swings, snaps and rages and just forgiving me instantly. its certainly a test for even the strongest of relationships going through this.

x

#42 ·
I know, I forget that it's not just a 2WW for us, they're waiting too.

Doesn't help I started POAS - I want the PUPO bubble not to burst, but my god I wanna know lol. We can send people to the moon, how can't we get round this lol.

On the plus side, my knack for searching out funny videos on YouTube is exceptional 😂😂

Xx

#43 ·
So who’s due to test this week? 2 more sleeps for me can’t believe I’ve managed to not test again 😮 I’m normally a serial tester but now I don’t want to test  :eek:

#44 ·
I'm not till next Monday - but apparently I like torturing myself lol.

Well done for staying strong! Got everything crossed for a BFP for you and everyone else. Xx

#45 ·
Oh my god ladies we have just got a  ^BFP^

#47 ·
hey had a few days offline as been going through some tough times. Still hoping for the best.

Lanarkshirelass - how are you holding up?

x

#48 ·
Hi all,

Sorry to hear Jen, hope you're ok.

BFN for me unfortunately. Going to get bloods done today (mainly for the progesterone levels as the clinic wants them for future reference). OTD is tomorrow but given that it was a 5 day embryo it won't make any difference.

Hoping it worked out for everyone.

Xx

#49 ·
Oh lanarkshirelass I’m sorry to hear that. Life is just bloody crap sometimes x

#50 ·
One of those things, just need to dust myself off and get on with it.

Thanks hun, best of luck with bubs. Xx

#51 ·
Hi MSJ,

Sorry to hear you're worrying. I had my progesterone levels checked on the day of transfer and my OTD to be reviewed.

Double check there's not a discrepancy between picamoles and nanomoles as I had the same scare with my AMH levels.

Try not to worry too much, it won't help. My best advice would be to write down your concerns so they are clear in your head and rehearse them before phoning the clinic again tomorrow. Ask why they are not concerned, remind them it's routine for them but a major life event for you.

I hope everything works out, but do your best not to obsess and worry, it's the last thing you need just now.

LL
Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.