* Author Topic: BFP but Is my HCG normal please?  (Read 779 times)

0 Members

Offline IVFer2000

• Un-Ranked
modify
BFP but Is my HCG normal please?
« on: 25/08/19, 21:36 »
I had a 5 day top grade blast transferred. I started getting positive pee tests (Starting faint and gradually getting darker) from day 7 and Day 14 the clear blue showed 1-2 weeks

I had a HCG blood test on day 14 which was 138.1. It says normal for 4 weeks is between 9.5-750 so at first I was pleased but then saw so many people getting much higher numbers which has panicked me.

I have another HCG booked for day 19 (hopefully, I am waiting for them to confirm) as I am feeling really worried and want to see if the number is increasing

Is 138.1 okay? This is the first time we have had a BFP after multiple cycle failures and I just can't stop worrying

I've had no bleeding or anything else to worry about and still get positive pee tests. It just feels too good to be true I guess and the number just seems to low when comparing

Anyone else had this kind of a number?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
    modify
    BFP but Is my HCG normal please?
    « Reply #1 on: 26/08/19, 09:40 »
    Hi there

Congratulations on your bfp that's fantastic news! You HCG numbers are completely normal sounding, anything over 50 is what the clinic wants to see. Lots of ladies who have higher HCG at this stage are often carrying twins so please don't worry, see what the second result is and hopefully all will be good.

Good luck xx