* Author Topic: Can you transfer a fresh and frozen embryo at the same time?  (Read 394 times)

0 Members

Offline vkv80

• Un-Ranked
Hi all,
I have just completed a 3-cycle package with Create, of Modified Natural IVF using Tamoxifen.
I have one grade 2 7-cell Day3 embryo frozen, and potentially one fresh embryo to transfer on Sunday (depending on how it progresses), today is Day1.
I was wondering if I can have the frozen embie transferred along with the fresh.
I would be grateful for any thoughts/experience that anyone has with this.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Flyby

Yes! I was meant to have this done, however as I ovulated unexpectedly early we didnít go ahead with both, only the frozen, but certainly would have done if my situation were different.

Offline vkv80

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Flyby, thanks for replying. Did your clinic say anything about the frozen embryo and fresh one needing to be the same grade in order to transfer together?

My consultant has said I can do a double transfer of fresh and frozen, but ideally a single transfer is better. He told this to an embryologist, who passed it onto me. I need to speak to him tomorrow to understand the reasons why.

If itís just due to a risk of twins then Iíll take it,
    I would love twins! But if there is another reason (such as reduced chances of success) then obviously I would just do a single transfer.