* Author Topic: The Whirlwind continues.... Going Boldly.....FET #1  (Read 6151 times)

0 Members

Online Jupiter 96

Well.  I was tempted to stay with the original diary.  However, should someone walk this path after me it's probably better to be brave and start the FET diary now.

Fortune favoured me.  AF arrived directly following the Womb Biopsy "All Clear".  The doctor called me in for a CD2 scan.  My lining was still thick so I was expecting to be referred for something.  However, to my surprise the other doctor came to see me and they are happy for me to proceed. 

I am officially on my first FET cycle ever.....  boldly going for frosties and hoping that it's going to be less of a whirlwind and more a crisp, refreshing, wintery breeze....

My journey started way back in 2016.....  I can't believe that I have actually made it this far....

The original diary is in the IVF Diaries Folder:

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=347622.0

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Jupiter 96

modify
    The Whirlwind continues.... Going Boldly.....FET #1
    « Reply #1 on: 20/09/19, 08:53 »
    CD10

Fyremadel injections are complete.  I was give seven injections and I took the last one Wendesday night.  I continue taking 2mg of Progynova three times a day and will be scanned between CD 12 & CD14.

It all feels a tad surreal, it's been a manic week work wise and I am completely tired.  The next two weeks will be more of the same so in this respect I am a bit worried about how transfer and the 2WW will fit into all of this.  That being said on CDs 6-8 I did experience really watery discharge as though I had peed myself a little.  Having googled this I am a bit worried that this could be a sign of ovulation but trying to stay positive and hope that the medications are doing as planned.

The odd thing about it all is that one of the doctors who has been handling my case, she said to me that this is the first time that they have treated someone with my history and whilst they don't plan on the cycle being cancelled, it's really a case of seeing how my body reacts to all the drugs.  With that little confession in the back of my mind and the watery discharge I am already half prepared that transfer will not go ahead because I have ovulated and/or my lining is too think with the added oestrogen.

I am visualising a successful transfer and healthy pregnancy. I want to be positive and hope that all will be well next week, I move onto the progesterone and transfer shortly after that before the next busy two week period.  I'd like to test before my next business trip and hope transfer and 2WW will be over before that point.

Well.... these are the musings thus far.  I am going to try and post every day during the cycle so that I can compare and contrast.  This past week has been a complete blur if I am honest and I am shattered.

Happy Friday!

Online Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 21/09/19, 16:30 »
    CD11

I have been feeling nauseous and very lethargic.  I decided it needs to be a PJ weekend although grocery shopping was required....

I decided that I would envelope myself in everything baby to get myself into the FET head space and off of the work.  I have been watching various you tube TTC vlogs and decided that maybe I could track my ovulation assuming that it is still to come.  It would also make me less nervous about that being a reason that this cycle may be cancelled.  Whilst out I bought some LH strips, tested and I have a faint line.  Hopefully I will see it getting darker as the scan approaches and if it gets lighter at least I can let the clinic know.  I assume that they will check for ovulation before transfer but this is the first time I will transfer so I don't know for sure.

In my mind I want to cook some food, do chores and be productive.

My body appears not to have received the memo....

Online Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 23/09/19, 00:38 »
    CD12

I went to bed 9:30ish but set alarm to take my pill and rinse my mouth with mouth wash. Earlier today my gum/tooth ache continued, still feeling really tired and lethargic.

I did the LH test strip, the results were the same as CD11

My mood was quite low due the pain in my mouth, I really really hope it heals itself. I will be getting an emergency appointment anyway. I need to understand if there is anything serious that needs attention before transfer be that this month or next.

Headaches at the side of my head today, tightness pain.

Here is  hoping I feel better tomorrow

Jx

Online Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 24/09/19, 21:47 »
    CD13-14

Still nauseous and tired from all the hormones.

Itís been an odd week with the tooth/gum and headaches.  Also my breasts are super sore and have been for some time.  I think that I donít recall what it is like to have a body that does things naturally. Pre 2016 body is a mere hazy memory!  I really donít think that I will be able to tell if I am pregnant at all.

Being so lethargic is leaving my house a tad untidy and is making me wonder how I would mange with pregnancy fatigue.  I would manage, knowing the precious reason for it.

The monitoring scan is complete now.  The cycle is rolling on.....  Tomorrow I start taking progesterone three times a day making sure the last one is just before sleep.  Itís very strange because it feels like tomorrow is the start of the final count down. It feels as though this is it!

Transfer is booked for next week!

Online Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 25/09/19, 06:49 »
    CD15

Took my first Progesterone pessary this morning.  Let's see how this affects me today

Normally my morning oestrogen pill makes me feel the most nauseous as its early before breakfast because I like to start eating a bit later in the day.  However today I grabbed left over dinner and had a little bit cold with my pill so hopefully this will take the edge off the nauseau.   I have been trying to to tell myself that the nausea is practice for early pregnancy! ;-)

Have a good day everyone

Jx

Online Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 26/09/19, 22:52 »
    CD16

Same side effects from the medication. Headache at the temples, sore breasts, gas, sleepy and now a bit moody and lacking in patience in general.

The excitement is definitely building. I have now progressed to googling about how to approach the transfer and the immediate hours, first couple of days after transfer....

I cannot imagine what it will feel like to be PUPO, it really does feel that little bit closer now.

Jx

Online Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 1/10/19, 10:54 »
    I don't feel any different physically but I do indeed have one of my little Frosties on board.

It's all very surreal

I am so happy!  I hope that my little "Bon Bon" settles in nicely for the duration.

Online Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 1/10/19, 23:26 »
    1dp5dt..... (I think thatís the correct abbreviation)

I donít feel any different. Still gassy and bloated from the hormones. I thought thatI felt some pulsating last night, on the right of my lower abdomen but it wasnít remarkable in the sense that it didnít make me catch my breath or stop in my tracks.  It was probably trapped wind again.

I am already impatient and canít wait for otd, however I do have to remind myself of the last  tww wondering if I had a tumour or not.  It does refocus me, it reminds me to enjoy this experience where the possibilities really are quite wonderful either way....

Jx

Online Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 2/10/19, 23:07 »
    2dp5dt

Super tired (work related)
    Constipation (progesterone)

Still bloated and perhaps a bit premenstrual although that could be the constipation as that can cause back ache too..... I have had a bit of a back ache this evening, itís been a long day.

The pure joy sliding into bed was absolute bliss.  I have a good mattress and lots of pillows so starting to feel better as I wind down for sleep.

Nothing remarkable on the obvious pregnancy symptoms front. We are having fun pretending I am already pregnant for week one and then week two weíll lower expectations so that we are prepared for either result

Annnnyhow

Slumber awaits....