* Author Topic: How do you/did you prepare for transfer?  (Read 1054 times)

0 Members

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
How do you/did you prepare for transfer?
« on: 25/09/19, 22:42 »
........ Please reply with your approach as transfer looms?

All I have on my list so far is thick socks.

Hmmmm....

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bobo66

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 25/09/19, 23:55 »
    Get all the meds ready for that day. Pack fresh top (I get sweaty when nervous) inc underwear, fresh sanitary towel if on pessaries, snacks you enjoy and drinks for journeys. Make a list of any questions and any extra meds needed. Make lunch/dinner in advance and cancel everything else you can for transfer day. Relax as much as possible. Thatís what I do. I was told I could go to work before/after transfer but I wouldnít advise that unless you really have to. I always feel really tired, canít think straight and am liable get dizzy and sleepy in the hours just after transfer so I try to go home, get into bed or on sofa briefly to acknowledge what has just happened. My body usually tells me to go slow but the research evidence suggests light activity is much better for implantation than bed rest - so I sit down lots and also walk plenty. I hope this helps and that your transfer goes smoothly.

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 26/09/19, 06:36 »
    I didnít   :o

Iíd probably pack a panty liner incase you pee yourself standing around waiting with a full bladder... In my case, I leapt straight off the couch after the transfer to go pee (despite being told to rest for five minutes), and then walked halfway across London to go shopping for board games.

I got a BFP and am currently 19 weeks pregnant.

Seriously, transfer takes 15 minutes and was - for me anyhow - less uncomfortable than a smear test. No preparation needed at all.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 26/09/19, 07:48 »
    My approach is carry on as normal. Similar to Londonwriter I went for a long walk after both my BFP transfers. My doctor told me I donít change anything (obviously no booze) and so thatís I took his advice. The overwhelming influence on success is the genetics of the embryo and there is nothing anyone can do to change that. Personally, it helped me to just go back to work and keep busy for the 2ww. Good luck!!

Offline BEmama

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 26/09/19, 09:12 »
    I had a nap right after, then Mc Donalds and a comedy show as laughter is supposed to be good for implantation. It worked! *g*

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 28/09/19, 21:04 »
    @ Bemama
    Thank you for replying.  I had heard that watching nice things and laughing could help. Could aI ask..... why amc Donald chips? ;-)

@ Missl73
    Yes, I am going to try to keep in mind that the fate of the transfer may have already been settled via genetics. I not sure what I will do with myself after the deed is done.,, hehe.  Thanks for taking the time to reply and congratulations on your BFPs.

@ Londonwriter
    Many congratulations on your BFP! Itís good to know that it can be super simple, Thank you for the advice,

@ Bono
    All good advice, I really couldnít visualise beyond arriving with a full bladder.
    I think doing a few things to prep even to purely busy your mind and make you feel positive canít hurt.
    Thank you for the advice and best wishes

Fingers crossed!

Offline BEmama

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 28/09/19, 21:47 »
    McDonalds chips are a superstition that a lot of TTC people swear by, I'm sure it has no base in science but it's a nice treat anyhow  ;D

Offline VanGn

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 22/11/19, 07:01 »
    I didn't prepare much either, but I dunno if you'd want my advice as I got a BFN  :'( But in my case, we had it done abroad and it was a bit painful for me after. so stayed in the room for a time then went on out to see the sights.  how did your transfer go? 

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 25/11/19, 20:51 »
    Thank you all for replying.

It was a BFN me unfortunately.

It took me a while to process the experience so we are only now having the follow up appointment.  I really hope the doc has some solid and thorough ideas for our second transfer.  I still feel slightly bruised from it all so really need a solid plan for cycle two to get my head back in the game.

Are you cycling again VanGn? Is there anything that you are thinking to do differently?

Jx

Offline VanGn

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 11/12/19, 08:00 »
    Hello Jupiter!  I did reply in an another post but then couldn't get my head back into it fully yet.  Still nursing some hurts.  But lurking around to see any good advice as well. I am thinking about splurging for the holidays though.  I wonder if that is good?  But who cares.  I will eat and drink and be merry. Haha!