* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 5457 times)

0 Members

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
  • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« on: 28/09/19, 12:42 »
Hello and welcome to the Early Pregnancy Thread  :)

After the 2WW and the cycle Buddy threads it can feel a bit lonely waiting for those early scans so here's the place to chat before you feel ready to join the due date threads.  Theres no cut off for moving on but most people do so after their early scan or dating scan so that chatter remains relevant for those in the early stages of pregnancy.

Congratulations, wishing you happy & healthy pregnancies  ^reiki^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #1 on: 28/09/19, 12:50 »

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #2 on: 30/09/19, 12:10 »
    mommykenny - thanks for your kind wishes. Im hoping its going to be ok too. Nope they haven't really given us any advice just said we will have to wait and see. I think that's what makes it harder just the uncertainty of it all.

AFM - Ive had a few days offline limiting my time on here to try and avoid going stir crazy. Feeling very down today and massively scared. Not long to wait now though. I have moments of posivity where i feel like we can still do this. Embryo number 4 just needs to grow a little bit more. Being in limbo sucks and i just hope all the heartache will be worth it and we will get good news on wed.

Sending you all lots of love and baby dust.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #3 on: 30/09/19, 12:33 »
    Audi - good to see you here! Hope all goes well :)

Missl - hope you're doing well.

Jen - hope embryo 4 is growing away nicely.

AFM - the scan went well, baby seems nice and happy. Got a lovely 4D picture where you can see all of baby's facial features and a little ear. So cute. We found out that we're having another boy! Think it'll be so lovely for our son to have a little brother so close in age.

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #4 on: 30/09/19, 14:44 »
    HannahDaisy - Aww what wonderful news. :) x

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #5 on: 1/10/19, 19:33 »
    Hannahdaisy such fabulous news, very happy for you!

Jen I hope this next scan gives you the reassurance you need  ^hugme^ it's such a scary time isn't it

Afm is anyone on here over 40 and thinking about screening tests? Of course I have no idea if the foetus is still growing and all ok by next week but I guess we will find out. I have contacted the NHS who said they would do a 'combined test' at just over 12 weeks and if it shows high risk then they would offer the NIPT harmony test. On the other hand I have read that the Harmony test can be done at 10 weeks and is so much more accurate with not so many false positives and am wondering if we should do it given my advanced age. Any thoughts?

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #6 on: 2/10/19, 15:26 »
    Just a quick update - Mixed news. And we are still in limbo. Itís grown. We do now have a fetal pole and heartbeat but itís slower than they would like at this stage. They have said there is probably a 1% chance of it being viable but are reluctant to give up even if there is only such a small chance. So another week off waiting to be re-scanned.

This is just torture.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #7 on: 3/10/19, 11:57 »
    Jen I am really sorry to hear of the further wait. The good news is of course you got the fetal pole and heartbeat though! I don't understand the 1% chance, how can they say this so early on? My sonographer said they can grow so fast and the measurements are quite inaccurate +/-4 days at the start.

AFM, I am really struggling with anxiety. The few symptoms I had became less and less over the last 1.5 weeks and yesterday they totally disappeared. Boobs totally back to normal, I don't feel tired, and no more bloating or anything else. I am so anxious about it. My next scan isn't till mid next week but whenever you google loss of symptoms around 8.5-10 weeks there is only negative stories. How do people cope? This is so stressful

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #8 on: 3/10/19, 12:16 »
    Katkat2014 - Its so frightening, i think because they are convinced that my dates are right at 7w5d that the gestational sac at this stage should be measuring bigger its only around 12mm. My bloods haven't been doubling so i think they were thinking that its not developing at the rate it should. And the heartbeat is really slow that at this stage in their experience it looks unlikely to be viable.

Im sorry to hear you are struggling with anxiety - if you can try to stay away from google as i think it only fuels your anxiety. I've heard its quite common for symptoms to come and go so try to remain calm. It is such a scary time. Sending you lots of positive vibes.

x

Offline MommyKenny

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #9 on: 9/10/19, 06:54 »
    jenstuttz sorry about the extended wait.  I do hope baby will grow better.   ^pray^

katkat2014 have you had your scan already?  I hope everything will be good.  You know I too don't have symptoms but I guess it is still early for me.  I just wonder if for situations like those where you feel something might be wrong do we need to wait for the next scan or can the doctor check us right away?

hannahdaisy congratulations dear!