Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Early Pregnancy Thread

24K views 88 replies 27 participants last post by  queenie123 
#1 ·
Hello and welcome to the Early Pregnancy Thread  :)

After the 2WW and the cycle Buddy threads it can feel a bit lonely waiting for those early scans so here's the place to chat before you feel ready to join the due date threads.  Theres no cut off for moving on but most people do so after their early scan or dating scan so that chatter remains relevant for those in the early stages of pregnancy.

Congratulations, wishing you happy & healthy pregnancies  ^reiki^

#2 ·
#3 ·
mommykenny - thanks for your kind wishes. Im hoping its going to be ok too. Nope they haven't really given us any advice just said we will have to wait and see. I think that's what makes it harder just the uncertainty of it all.

AFM - Ive had a few days offline limiting my time on here to try and avoid going stir crazy. Feeling very down today and massively scared. Not long to wait now though. I have moments of posivity where i feel like we can still do this. Embryo number 4 just needs to grow a little bit more. Being in limbo sucks and i just hope all the heartache will be worth it and we will get good news on wed.

Sending you all lots of love and baby dust.

#4 ·
Audi - good to see you here! Hope all goes well :)

Missl - hope you're doing well.

Jen - hope embryo 4 is growing away nicely.

AFM - the scan went well, baby seems nice and happy. Got a lovely 4D picture where you can see all of baby's facial features and a little ear. So cute. We found out that we're having another boy! Think it'll be so lovely for our son to have a little brother so close in age.

#5 ·
HannahDaisy - Aww what wonderful news. :) x

#6 ·
Hannahdaisy such fabulous news, very happy for you!

Jen I hope this next scan gives you the reassurance you need  ^hugme^ it's such a scary time isn't it

Afm is anyone on here over 40 and thinking about screening tests? Of course I have no idea if the foetus is still growing and all ok by next week but I guess we will find out. I have contacted the NHS who said they would do a 'combined test' at just over 12 weeks and if it shows high risk then they would offer the NIPT harmony test. On the other hand I have read that the Harmony test can be done at 10 weeks and is so much more accurate with not so many false positives and am wondering if we should do it given my advanced age. Any thoughts?

#7 ·
Just a quick update - Mixed news. And we are still in limbo. It’s grown. We do now have a fetal pole and heartbeat but it’s slower than they would like at this stage. They have said there is probably a 1% chance of it being viable but are reluctant to give up even if there is only such a small chance. So another week off waiting to be re-scanned.

This is just torture.

#8 ·
Jen I am really sorry to hear of the further wait. The good news is of course you got the fetal pole and heartbeat though! I don't understand the 1% chance, how can they say this so early on? My sonographer said they can grow so fast and the measurements are quite inaccurate +/-4 days at the start.

AFM, I am really struggling with anxiety. The few symptoms I had became less and less over the last 1.5 weeks and yesterday they totally disappeared. Boobs totally back to normal, I don't feel tired, and no more bloating or anything else. I am so anxious about it. My next scan isn't till mid next week but whenever you google loss of symptoms around 8.5-10 weeks there is only negative stories. How do people cope? This is so stressful

#9 ·
Katkat2014 - Its so frightening, i think because they are convinced that my dates are right at 7w5d that the gestational sac at this stage should be measuring bigger its only around 12mm. My bloods haven't been doubling so i think they were thinking that its not developing at the rate it should. And the heartbeat is really slow that at this stage in their experience it looks unlikely to be viable.

Im sorry to hear you are struggling with anxiety - if you can try to stay away from google as i think it only fuels your anxiety. I've heard its quite common for symptoms to come and go so try to remain calm. It is such a scary time. Sending you lots of positive vibes.

x

#10 ·
jenstuttz sorry about the extended wait.  I do hope baby will grow better.  ^pray^

katkat2014 have you had your scan already?  I hope everything will be good.  You know I too don't have symptoms but I guess it is still early for me.  I just wonder if for situations like those where you feel something might be wrong do we need to wait for the next scan or can the doctor check us right away?

hannahdaisy congratulations dear! 

#11 ·
Hey jen, I hope you're holding up ok till the next scan. Sending you so many good wishes!

Ally, how are you getting on?

MommyKenny, I am unsure if the doctors can scan us just for reassurance, but I don't think this works on the NHS as they have set appointment scans. I have my first one with them at just over 12 weeks, so anything before I have been paying privately. I hope it's going well for you?

AFM, I am so so so so glad, I had a scan this morning and the foetus is still there with a heartbeat!  I really haven't got (many) symptoms, but the doctor said I am not ill, I am just pregnant. The amount of symptoms doesn't reflect on the pregnancy. I had maybe one week around 7-8 weeks I felt a tiny bit queasy, I have the odd day I feel very hungry, I do not feel particularly tired, my boobs no longer hurt at all. Just in case someone is in the same boat.

#12 ·
Hi kitkat. Bad news for us sadly as expected the heartbeats stopped. Gutted and heartbroken.

#14 ·
Hi ladies,

I'm new to this group, *waves nervously*

My signature is up to date for my history.

I think I'm going to be facing another miscarriage again soon. So do my consultants.

With every pregnancy my HCG has got slower and slower until it stopped and I've had to have d&c's.

Again I'm having slow rising HCG

12dpo = 55
14dpo = 152
16dpo = 412
22dpo = 3094
26dpo = 6286 (21dp5dt)
30dpo = 10,352 (25dp5dt)

Last one was 133 hour doubling time!!!!!!

I had a scan 7 days ago and saw a sac and a yolk. My next scan is Monday.

This has happened everytime. My babies pass away about 9 weeks :(

#15 ·
Hi ladies

For those of you that had a FET how long have you been advised to stay on Oestrogen and Progesterone please?

Tatty best of luck for Monday xx

#16 ·
Hey Audi I didn’t take oestrogen as mine was a natural FET but I have to stay on progesterone until 12 weeks (and mine is intramuscular injections 😫). Are you having your scan at your clinic? They should tell you then.

#17 ·
Thanks missl, yes we have our scan on Wednesday. Problem I have is when they checked my progesterone levels they looked at last years results by mistake as had levels checked exactly the same date just a year earlier so put us on lubion injections as well as the pessaries then got a phone call the following day and confessed but as we had already paid for them they said they would be happy for us to still take it even though levels were ok this time so we continued with the 2 a day until test day when we got our positive I was reluctant to reduce or stop them until the scan and they agreed and prescribed more so guessing they will suggest we stop when we go for scan but I would feel better just reducing to one a day until 12 week scan I know it’s more expense but after everything we have been through I don’t care and I think the consultant will go with what we want, my main concern would be the huge drop in progesterone if we stopped altogether and I know that can cause problems. Assuming we will stay on Oestrogen TIL twelve weeks as well as I believe they support each other. 

Wow didn’t realise my reply would be so long 😂 just really interested to see what others have been advised as can’t seem to find much in google xx

#18 ·
Hey tattybear, from what I've heard, the doubling time slows down a lot the further you go along and it makes more sense to go by the scan than the HCG. I hope it works out ok for you this time round!

Talking about stopping meds. I had my first mw appointment and she said I can stop the folate at 12 weeks. Is that correct? I always thought you take it throughout. I have the mthfr 6c77t mutation and can't absorb folic acid apparently.

Also, my clinic said to taper down the clexane from 11 weeks - I have no known issues but I am super nervous. When are you all supposed to stop clexane if you're taking it?

#19 ·
Hi everyone, it’s been a while. I got a bit lost to start with as we moved from the previous thread .. an embarrassing thing to admit it.

Jen - I am so so sorry. I don’t think there is anything I can say that can make things better. Sending you lots and lots of love xxxxx

Kat - amazing news. So so happy for you. How far gone are you now?

Welcome Tatybear and Audiprincess

Audiprincess I think I recognise your name from a previous thread. Can’t remember which one.
Sorry if I missed anyone.
AFM - I didn’t have a scan yet. My official  NHS one is on Thursday. I ended up in A&E a few weeks ago because of cramps but all they did was a urine test and checked my cervix( that worried me a bit). At the early pregnancy unit they said they won’t do a scan unless I’m bleeding. I then went to book a scan at my clinic but one of the nurses told me that it’s not actually recommended to do scans to close to one another. So I decided to wait. It’s also the fear that this might end.
Still no symptoms, so was reassuring to read your post Kat.
One of the other things I struggled with was  not to being able to pass urine in the morning even though my bladder would be full. I saw a nurse who prescribed antibiotics for seven days. They checked my urine sample and everything was fine, but they just wanted to make sure. Haven’t started them yet as I’ve noticed they the symptoms disappeared in the last couple of days.
Yesterday I had a very very stressful day. And worried now they might’ve affect the outcome. Everything was done in the end, but really upset work myself one let my anger and anxiety taking over.
Sorry for long message.

Lots of hugs xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Hi All,

tentatively joining too. had our first positive after many cycles of ivf.  We had a natural FET with trigger and then utrogestan, clexane and steroids which we have been advised to start tappering at week 8 and stop by week 10.  KitKat2014 - congratulations! I think i remember you from the reprofit board.  I have my midwife appointment and will ask about folic acid.  Very very nervous about tappering clexane and the steroids.  Again, no known issues but this is the only cycle in which I have had a BPF and the first with clexane.  And i have 3 autoimmune issues and stopping steroids scares me, not least because most people are told to stop by week 12 and I think week 8-10 may be too soon.  I've not found the clinic to be forthcoming with explanations, maybe I should e-mail again.

One question on intralipids - again first time I had these (3 times so far - a week before transfer, on the day of transfer and the day I had my BPF) what are others experiences of intralipids?

I am very grateful for the BPF but also very very anxious - possibly a nervous wreck!

Oh, and a question for those who had donor eggs - did you tell the midwife on the first appointment - still unsure about whether to tell the baby so was thinking maybe to keep this from the records?

Good luck to all!

#21 ·
Hey custardmoon, yes I remember you from the Reprofit thread, massive congratulations hooray!! I know such scary anxious nervous times! Did Reprofit tell you to start tapering off at 8 weeks? They told me to do so just before 11 weeks (Eva did...). I am over 11 now but am still too scared to taper off. I think I will take progesterone till 12 weeks and if all good after my scan then start tapering off then. I am running out of clexane so I think I have to start basically tomorrow, first day without it. Ugh! I've already taken less Prednisolone for a few weeks now. I have no known issues though. I am also doing Intralipids, first cycle ever. I did mine every 3 weeks from bfp, so my last one will be tomorrow. I sat opposite a girl from argc when I did them last time and she was 7 months pregnant and has been doing them once a month since the start of the pregnancy, as she has known high blood NK cells. Again I am only doing mine for peace of mind. And regarding the midwife, my appointment was last Friday and she asked if my eggs were from a donor. Not sure if you can put down that you don't want to answer the question. But I am imagine they need to know as they calculate your risk for downs, Edwards and patau by the age of the egg (and not the mother?)...Or maybe they use both the age of the mother and the egg (?)
I am in the same boat as you, countless cycles and first ever pregnancy. Sending you lots of positive thoughts!

#22 ·
Hello Katkat2014, thanks for your reply! Your story with the natural FET gave me much hope and it's so fab you are 11 weeks now, only one more week to the big milestone and hopefully the anxiety can ease a little!!

Yes, Reprofit told me to taper the utrogestan and clexane from week 8, but tbh my co-coordinator has made so many mistakes that I just e-mailed today to ask for an explanation for why so soon. 

I have read with the progesterone the placenta takes over at week 12 so the body does not need extra.  Clexane, well I haven't tested blood clotting but it is the only cycle I have had a positive and the only cycle I have taken it.  Most other places seem to suggest stopping by week 12 (if no known issues) and as late at the end of the 2nd trimester if known issues. So, tapering from week 11 if no known issues for you should be fine (but I totally get the fear).

Prednisolone, I am going to follow the protocal of my previous UK clinic and aim to stop by week 12 because I have known autoimmune conditions even though I didn't undertake the immunology testing.

Intralipids - along with the clexane I think made a big difference - good luck with yours tomorrow!

It is so good to know people in the same boat.  Today I met with a friend who has been my inspiration - similar story to ours, first BFP after many many cycles and same drugs as us (blood thinners, steroids and pessaries) - helped me make the decision to move to the Czech Republic for treatment after consecutive failures in the UK - they have 2 beautiful babies.  Hope is so important on this journey! Positivity and strength to you too!

#23 ·
Hi ladies, I had my first scan today at 7+4 and for the first time (I’ve had a MMC before) I saw our perfect little bean measuring exactly to my dates and with a lovely strong heartbeat. I feel so relieved and finally believe this little one might be our rainbow. The nausea is certainly kicking in big time this week and for the last two I’ve been totally exhausted so I’m struggling at work this afternoon and could really use a nap! I hope everyone else is doing well xx

#24 ·
Hi Missl, great news, congratulations! So so happy for you  :)

Hi CustartMoon, we are using donor sperm and we informed the midwife on our first appointment. This is such a personal choice though, you should do whatever make you comfortable! I received a phone call a few weeks after the app from one of the nurses to confirm whether we are using donor eggs or donor sperm. She told us that if would've used donor eggs, my husband would've had to go in for extra tests. Not sure what tests really. I am having intralipids too. Last session is booked next week and it is going to be my 4th. Also stopping this week my enoxaparin, cyclogest, crinone and baby aspirine. I hope this won't affect negatively the outcome  :-\ :-\ :-\

x x x

#25 ·
Hi and Congratulations to everyone who has a bfp!

I'm 6 weeks + 6 and my clinic have told me to stop all meds completely at 10 weeks with no tapering. This seems a bit early, has anyone else had expeience of stopping before week 12?

#26 ·
so pleased for you Missl73. Sending you lots of positive vibes x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.