* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 5451 times)

0 Members

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #10 on: 9/10/19, 13:53 »
Hey jen, I hope you're holding up ok till the next scan. Sending you so many good wishes!

Ally, how are you getting on?

MommyKenny, I am unsure if the doctors can scan us just for reassurance, but I don't think this works on the NHS as they have set appointment scans. I have my first one with them at just over 12 weeks, so anything before I have been paying privately. I hope it's going well for you?

AFM, I am so so so so glad, I had a scan this morning and the foetus is still there with a heartbeat!  I really haven't got (many) symptoms, but the doctor said I am not ill, I am just pregnant. The amount of symptoms doesn't reflect on the pregnancy. I had maybe one week around 7-8 weeks I felt a tiny bit queasy, I have the odd day I feel very hungry, I do not feel particularly tired, my boobs no longer hurt at all. Just in case someone is in the same boat.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #11 on: 9/10/19, 18:43 »
    Hi kitkat. Bad news for us sadly as expected the heartbeats stopped. Gutted and heartbroken.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #12 on: 9/10/19, 19:16 »
    Oh Jen I am really so sorry. This is such a long cruel, awful and lonely road. I am very sad for you. I am sending you a huge hug and lots of energy to get through this and positive thoughts for your next try. K x

Offline tattybear

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #13 on: 11/10/19, 21:48 »
    Hi ladies,

I'm new to this group, *waves nervously*

My signature is up to date for my history.

I think I'm going to be facing another miscarriage again soon. So do my consultants.

With every pregnancy my HCG has got slower and slower until it stopped and I've had to have d&c's.

Again I'm having slow rising HCG

12dpo = 55
    14dpo = 152
    16dpo = 412
    22dpo = 3094
    26dpo = 6286 (21dp5dt)
    30dpo = 10,352 (25dp5dt)

Last one was 133 hour doubling time!!!!!!

I had a scan 7 days ago and saw a sac and a yolk. My next scan is Monday.

This has happened everytime. My babies pass away about 9 weeks :(

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #14 on: 12/10/19, 09:22 »
    Hi ladies

For those of you that had a FET how long have you been advised to stay on Oestrogen and Progesterone please?

Tatty best of luck for Monday xx

Online missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #15 on: 12/10/19, 09:39 »
    Hey Audi I didnít take oestrogen as mine was a natural FET but I have to stay on progesterone until 12 weeks (and mine is intramuscular injections 😫). Are you having your scan at your clinic? They should tell you then.

Offline Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #16 on: 12/10/19, 11:46 »
    Thanks missl, yes we have our scan on Wednesday. Problem I have is when they checked my progesterone levels they looked at last years results by mistake as had levels checked exactly the same date just a year earlier so put us on lubion injections as well as the pessaries then got a phone call the following day and confessed but as we had already paid for them they said they would be happy for us to still take it even though levels were ok this time so we continued with the 2 a day until test day when we got our positive I was reluctant to reduce or stop them until the scan and they agreed and prescribed more so guessing they will suggest we stop when we go for scan but I would feel better just reducing to one a day until 12 week scan I know itís more expense but after everything we have been through I donít care and I think the consultant will go with what we want, my main concern would be the huge drop in progesterone if we stopped altogether and I know that can cause problems. Assuming we will stay on Oestrogen TIL twelve weeks as well as I believe they support each other. 

Wow didnít realise my reply would be so long 😂 just really interested to see what others have been advised as canít seem to find much in google xx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #17 on: 13/10/19, 08:58 »
    Hey tattybear, from what I've heard, the doubling time slows down a lot the further you go along and it makes more sense to go by the scan than the HCG. I hope it works out ok for you this time round!

Talking about stopping meds. I had my first mw appointment and she said I can stop the folate at 12 weeks. Is that correct? I always thought you take it throughout. I have the mthfr 6c77t mutation and can't absorb folic acid apparently.

Also, my clinic said to taper down the clexane from 11 weeks - I have no known issues but I am super nervous. When are you all supposed to stop clexane if you're taking it?

Offline ally389

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #18 on: 13/10/19, 10:22 »
    Hi everyone, itís been a while. I got a bit lost to start with as we moved from the previous thread .. an embarrassing thing to admit it.

Jen - I am so so sorry. I donít think there is anything I can say that can make things better. Sending you lots and lots of love xxxxx

Kat - amazing news. So so happy for you. How far gone are you now?

Welcome Tatybear and Audiprincess

Audiprincess I think I recognise your name from a previous thread. Canít remember which one.
    Sorry if I missed anyone.
    AFM - I didnít have a scan yet. My official  NHS one is on Thursday. I ended up in A&E a few weeks ago because of cramps but all they did was a urine test and checked my cervix( that worried me a bit). At the early pregnancy unit they said they wonít do a scan unless Iím bleeding. I then went to book a scan at my clinic but one of the nurses told me that itís not actually recommended to do scans to close to one another. So I decided to wait. Itís also the fear that this might end.
    Still no symptoms, so was reassuring to read your post Kat.
    One of the other things I struggled with was  not to being able to pass urine in the morning even though my bladder would be full. I saw a nurse who prescribed antibiotics for seven days. They checked my urine sample and everything was fine, but they just wanted to make sure. Havenít started them yet as Iíve noticed they the symptoms disappeared in the last couple of days.
    Yesterday I had a very very stressful day. And worried now they mightíve affect the outcome. Everything was done in the end, but really upset work myself one let my anger and anxiety taking over.
    Sorry for long message.

Lots of hugs xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CustardMoon

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #19 on: 14/10/19, 21:28 »
    Hi All,

tentatively joining too. had our first positive after many cycles of ivf.  We had a natural FET with trigger and then utrogestan, clexane and steroids which we have been advised to start tappering at week 8 and stop by week 10.  KitKat2014 - congratulations! I think i remember you from the reprofit board.  I have my midwife appointment and will ask about folic acid.  Very very nervous about tappering clexane and the steroids.  Again, no known issues but this is the only cycle in which I have had a BPF and the first with clexane.  And i have 3 autoimmune issues and stopping steroids scares me, not least because most people are told to stop by week 12 and I think week 8-10 may be too soon.  I've not found the clinic to be forthcoming with explanations, maybe I should e-mail again.

One question on intralipids - again first time I had these (3 times so far - a week before transfer, on the day of transfer and the day I had my BPF) what are others experiences of intralipids?

I am very grateful for the BPF but also very very anxious - possibly a nervous wreck!

Oh, and a question for those who had donor eggs - did you tell the midwife on the first appointment - still unsure about whether to tell the baby so was thinking maybe to keep this from the records?

Good luck to all!