* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 5452 times)

0 Members

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #30 on: 22/10/19, 10:58 »
Hey custardmoon, hahah yep decade of IVF (7 years for me) and spending a small fortune doesn't make this very natural! I've been taking clexane every other day and still haven't stopped  ;D we're going on holidays to Sicily on Thursday so I thought I may as well take some on the days we're flying just to make sure I have good blood flow. The flight is only 3 hours so I really don't need it but better safe than sorry after so many years of torture!

Afm, over 12 weeks now, I can't believe it.. literally I can't ! We did a private scan yesterday which was amazing, very detailed, they looked at everything, spine, brain, bladder etc and all seemed fine (it's not an anatomy scan so this was just to check all the organs were there and in the right place), I am so relieved. Also got their harmony results back and low risk! I find it really weird that you get a % via harmony for trisomies and then again a totally different % for the nuchal translucency scan plus age etc. For me this was the most useful reassurance for now, as I am 43 and the egg was 41.5 years old. Anyway the wait continues for another few weeks, I know a lot can happen. Also just had the NHS scan today, this was quite short in comparison, and only looked at the basics.ie CRl and nuchal fold. I haven't told them I already did a private scan as I wanted to be properly registered with them (The private scan was part of a harmony package). Also whilst they did both measure the CRL the same, the nuchal fold was measured differently, with the NHS one measuring it quite a bit smaller. Not smart to do two scans in a row but in a way it gave me the pleasure of seeing our bouncing foetus again! Anyway sorry for my verbal diarrhea but after so many years I am just so elated and buzzing now. I so hope this ends well. Hope to hear from everyone else soon with good news k x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ally389

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #31 on: 22/10/19, 13:53 »
    Kat - fabulous news, so so happy for you. I should count myself lucky, our NHS scan luckily was quiet detailed. Thank you for sharing all that lovely info with us and have a lovely time in Sicily.
    CustardMoon - I was advised to stop my medication at 12 weeks. However I still have one box of Cyclogest left. So I asked the nurses if I can finish it. They confirmed I can take them every other day.
    AFM - I had my last intralipids today, probably I will treat myself with something nice next month, as I won't have to spend the £350 :)

Hope everyone is doing well x x x

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #32 on: 30/10/19, 21:47 »
    Hey annakay so nice to see you on here and congratulations!  I felt exactly the same and before you posted your update I meant to tell you that mine also measured about 3 days behind but with a way lower heartbeat than yours so wanted to say it can all turn out perfectly well. You must be so worried with the bleed but I know of so many girls where this seems to just be normal. It's not the utrogestan irritating you is it? You could swap to using cyclogest rectally perhaps? Anyway all good tfor 8-9 weeks which is amazing! Maybe it's just your normal. I am about 13.5 weeks now and I am still worried!! Because I just feel normal too. I don't know how this worry can go away....but there are now days I just don't think about it at all. And just hope for the best. Maybe book another reassurance scan for around 10 weeks to tie you over till the 12 week scan. This really helped me as you could just see so much more. My 10 week scan at fetal medical centres in London was really amazing, they are so reassuring there. By the way around 9 weeks or so I got some kind of minimal symptoms for a short while like being out of breath every once in a while and feeling queasy when I didn't eat. That totally went away again and bizarrely came back last week. I now know that everyone reacts differently to it. We are having a girl (fingers crossed we give birth to her!) And you're supposedly having much high hcg levels with girls and hence more symptoms - not in my case! Anyway, all the best for now X x

Ally, are you waiting till the 20 week scan or will you do some kind of reassurance scan between 12 and 20 weeks? I just feel so normal (other than my stomach getting fatter)

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #33 on: 31/10/19, 03:16 »
    Hello ladies, I hope it's okay for me to hop in.  I'm 4 months now, also an ivf baby.  Just counting everyday with gratitude.  I have backaches that my OB declared as normal, but I'm hoping these disappear once I enter my second trimester.

katkat good for you for your well behaved baby girl. 

anna, I feel for you.  very understandable to feel fearful for baby.  I hope those streaks will go away so you can relax better.  But glad to hear baby is okay.  Did your doctor give an explanation for those discharges?

Offline ally389

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #34 on: 31/10/19, 05:29 »
    Welcome Anna and Maeve.

Anna - I truly understand how you feel!  some days are better than others now but I still watch my underwear everyday time I got to the toilet. Cramps got a bit better.

Kat - I havenít decided yet ... We have our midwife app on the 11th and my cousin told me we will actually hear the heartbeat. One of my colleagues however told me they donít do that anymore .. so we will see.
    Have you already been told you are having a girl? I didnít know they can so early. Very tempted though to have another scan ...

AFM - I ended up at AE last night as i have terrible pack pains. I initially called the EPC and they directed me to my GP. Worried that I might have kidney infection or stones they sent me to AE .. after 5 hours I was released. They tested my blood and urine and confirmed no infection.
    I am however very worried as the back pains are getting really bad at the end of the day. I get spasms and the left hand side becomes like a stone for a few seconds. I literally have to scream as I feel there is now other way to release the pain. My body locks totally for a few seconds. This happens approx 10 times per evening. I just feel this surely isnít good for the little one. Plus I read somewhere they the uterine contractions might actually cause this...The only thing Iíve been told to do is to take 4 paracetamols daily and see how it goes. If this continues for 2 weeks I should consider physiotherapy.
    Has anyone experienced something similar or heard about ?

x x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #35 on: 31/10/19, 08:08 »
    Hey ally maybe I will wait till the consultant appointment then and hope they check the HB first and then see how it goes and perhaps book a scan afterwards or not.

I am sorry for your pain. I had this a few years ago but as I was abroad for work I couldn't get my blood tested. My theory was that I had gallstones as I didn't pass anything via the urine (kidney stones) and it suddenly went away from one day to the next - but it took about 5 days of extreme pain. Did they test for gallstones as well or can you ask them if that can be detected via the bloods you did (you pass them rectally -again I didn't notice mine passing but if they were gallstones then they went away that way on their own).  Mine felt like incredible pain around my side and kidney area that moved from front to back, people say it's a little like labour pain. Lovely!

We only found out about the gender as I did the NIPT harmony test and you can decide if you wanted to know the gender or not as this is a genetic test.

Offline ally389

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #36 on: 2/11/19, 17:57 »
    Kat and Anna, thank you for your messages. First day today with no actual pain. Still sore but no spasms at all. They said they tested for kidney infection and they said they didnít find any. So that was a relief. I am planning to start swimming next week, maybe that will help too with my back muscles x x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #37 on: 7/11/19, 16:30 »
    Does anyone else have a loss of appetite? Up until Monday of this week I've been eating so much all the time, I was ravenous. Now a total loss of appetite and hunger and I feel so full all the time. Is this normal? I really thought it was the other way round that in the first few weeks you're supposed to feel nauseous and not hungry and then later on your start eating a lot.

Offline Tigs33

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #38 on: 7/11/19, 17:39 »
    katkat I am similar - hungry but don't really fancy much (might you I have very mild nausea at the moment) With my son the first trimester I lived on jacket potatoes!

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #39 on: 8/11/19, 07:43 »
    Hi annakay I had my first US at six weeks and you're right about the bleeding, I was already warned about that.  My main complaint is my backaches.  Other than that I seem to be fine  :)

Hi ally, but your pains are a bit scarier.  I hope it will get better after the meds.  How far along are you in your pregnancy?

Hi katkat so long as your weight falls within the standard range for you number of weeks I think that is ok.  I think the heavy eating comes full blast in the third trimester.

Hello Tigs