* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 7376 times)

0 Members

Online queenie123

• Gold Member
modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #70 on: 28/08/20, 20:46 »
Hi Guys,

There doesn't seam to be much activity on this thread right now,  maybe it's post lock down.

Anyway, we had a trip to Serum at the start of August and I am now 5 and a half weeks along, with our first real BFP.   Was just looking for some smiliar ladies to chat with. 

Also,  Can anyone help me?
I have a prescription for Intralipids which I need to use (even though I was negative on the Chicargo tests), but the pharmacy won't supply a giving set or cannuale.  Did anyone else manage to obtain these?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Maeve88Troy

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #71 on: 5/09/20, 04:53 »
    Hi Queenie, maybe you can ask help from your clinic?

I think I was in this thread before, but I'm afraid I don't belong here anymore.  However, I still am open to help if I can.  :)

Offline lmcmillan28829

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #72 on: 7/09/20, 16:26 »
     Hi Queenie

I am 15 weeks pregnant and have been checking on here every now again for people posting in the group. I obviously don't belong in the early preganancy group but there doesn't seem to be any due date groups for 2021 yet.

I hope you are doing well xx

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #73 on: 7/09/20, 20:55 »
    just to say hi - i have been on various thread over the past year, i am about 8 weeks after having double donor FET in July , early days but have had the 8 weeks scan and NHS midwife  booking appointment on the phone this week/. night all xx

Offline MommyKenny

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #74 on: 9/09/20, 12:00 »
    Hello dears, I don't belong here either, but would be very happy to help.

snowdropwood best of luck dear.  Lots of baby dust to you  ^fairydust^

Online queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #75 on: 10/09/20, 15:39 »
    Is there a 'late' pregnancy thread - maybe it's just 'pregnancy' threat.

It's really nice to have other people checking on here, so 'Hi' to all of you.

I am now 7.5 weeks so just glad there are other people similarly around.  I had a private viability scan at 6.5wks and have been monoitring my own bloods with my IVF clinic abroad.

How did you guys get on with telling the NHS?
    I'm scared of our local NHS, and would really prefer to self refer to a London hospital, but worried they won't accpet me.   

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #76 on: 10/09/20, 20:46 »
    Hi, I had the NHS booking appointment on the phone, very thorough and very informative midwife and it took well over an hour , i had double donor IVF so had to ask the clinic a few things the midwife wanted to know ....seems crazy the appointments are not in person, i also give up with the GP, impossible to see in person etc. It seems like all NCT / NHS antenatal groups are not happening either atm, very early for me to be thinking about this as early days and anything can happen but particularly because  i am single networking, contact and groups feel very important....i feel upset that we cant see a midwife  and the groups arent running , the Midwife agreed it is crazy.  anyway i made notes during the booking appointment which i would recommend as lots to remember. The next thing ( fingers crossed ) would be 12 week scan, bloods, urine tests and so on.  The midwife in my case was going to make a Consultants referral, gave me various out of hours phone numbers and was generally really supportive and calm which i really appreciated xx

Offline Frannieleah

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #77 on: 11/09/20, 19:02 »
    Hi everyone,

Sorry if this isnít the right thread to be posting but I am desperate for some support in my current situation.   I had a single frozen embryo transfer on 20th August and we got a BFP on 1st September. My viability scan was booked for the 22nd September and all was going well.
    On Tuesday I had a sudden bleed which was honestly the most traumatic thing I have experienced to date. The bleed consisted of fresh bright red blood and I also passed 2-3 clots the size of a 20p (very dark red in colour). The bleeding lasted approx a couple of hours then turned to brown blood only when wiping after the toilet. The last couple of days it has been minimal brown discharge on wiping and today itís barley there at all.

Obviously I am assuming the worst and thinking I have lost the baby. My husband and I are stuck in an aweful limbo where we have to wait until next Tuesday for a scan (at 6 weeks). The EPU also didnít want to know and no one can offer a blood test to see if my HCG levels are falling. The last couple of days I have felt more nauseous than normal and donít have an appetite at all.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced anything similar or has any words of wisdom in this period of limbo?

Online queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #78 on: 12/09/20, 21:21 »
    Hey - I'm here,  I'm sorry to hear of your worry, but do know that you are not alone, and many people bleed in the first 12 weeks and go on to have very healthy pregnancies.

I use Medichecks to do the HcG - which means I can take it myself with a finger prick and know the next day.  I have done it every week so far, just for peace of mind.

The other thing you could do is go to a private sonographer - Have you had one yet?  I am using my local sonographer in St Albans - The verulum clinic - she is excerlent and for a cheap quick scan to check to see the heartbeat is still there they are very skilled.

If you want a Dr then I would recomend the fetal medicine centre,  https://fetalmedicine.com/   The main Dr is the world's leading expert on early pregnancy detailed ultrasonogrpahy, and although he is shielding at the moment all the residents who work under him I would trust.  This is possibly the most expensive option - but also will be the most comprehensive.

Do you have any diagnosed reason for a bleed such as Thrombophillia (I do).
    Are you on any medication?  Clexane / Progesterone / Estrogen / Asprin / Anti-biotics / Intralipids?

Good luck!  I have my 8 week scan on Wednesday and am nervous about it.

Offline Frannieleah

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #79 on: 13/09/20, 10:09 »
    Hi Queenie,

Thank you so much for your reply and all the advice you have given. We decided against a private scan in the end as didnít want to be in a position where we were still left unsure of whatís going on. We have made it to Sunday no so only a couple more days to wait until my scan at the fertility centre.

No explanation for the bleed until I have the scan but yes I am taking progesterone pesseries and oral oestrogen as this was a FET.

I took another digital pregnancy test this morning which still reads pregnant 3+ but I am very aware that my HCG levels may not have dropped yet even if I have miscarried the baby.

Good luck for your 8 week scan, I hope your pregnancy continues to progress nicely and the stress/worry lessens soon xxxx