* Author Topic: Early Pregnancy Thread  (Read 7651 times)

0 Members

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
modify
Early Pregnancy Thread
« Reply #20 on: 14/10/19, 22:30 »
Hey custardmoon, yes I remember you from the Reprofit thread, massive congratulations hooray!! I know such scary anxious nervous times! Did Reprofit tell you to start tapering off at 8 weeks? They told me to do so just before 11 weeks (Eva did...). I am over 11 now but am still too scared to taper off. I think I will take progesterone till 12 weeks and if all good after my scan then start tapering off then. I am running out of clexane so I think I have to start basically tomorrow, first day without it. Ugh! I've already taken less Prednisolone for a few weeks now. I have no known issues though. I am also doing Intralipids, first cycle ever. I did mine every 3 weeks from bfp, so my last one will be tomorrow. I sat opposite a girl from argc when I did them last time and she was 7 months pregnant and has been doing them once a month since the start of the pregnancy, as she has known high blood NK cells. Again I am only doing mine for peace of mind. And regarding the midwife, my appointment was last Friday and she asked if my eggs were from a donor. Not sure if you can put down that you don't want to answer the question. But I am imagine they need to know as they calculate your risk for downs, Edwards and patau by the age of the egg (and not the mother?)...Or maybe they use both the age of the mother and the egg (?)
I am in the same boat as you, countless cycles and first ever pregnancy. Sending you lots of positive thoughts!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CustardMoon

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #21 on: 14/10/19, 23:04 »
    Hello Katkat2014, thanks for your reply! Your story with the natural FET gave me much hope and it's so fab you are 11 weeks now, only one more week to the big milestone and hopefully the anxiety can ease a little!!

Yes, Reprofit told me to taper the utrogestan and clexane from week 8, but tbh my co-coordinator has made so many mistakes that I just e-mailed today to ask for an explanation for why so soon. 

I have read with the progesterone the placenta takes over at week 12 so the body does not need extra.  Clexane, well I haven't tested blood clotting but it is the only cycle I have had a positive and the only cycle I have taken it.  Most other places seem to suggest stopping by week 12 (if no known issues) and as late at the end of the 2nd trimester if known issues. So, tapering from week 11 if no known issues for you should be fine (but I totally get the fear).

Prednisolone, I am going to follow the protocal of my previous UK clinic and aim to stop by week 12 because I have known autoimmune conditions even though I didn't undertake the immunology testing.

Intralipids - along with the clexane I think made a big difference - good luck with yours tomorrow!

It is so good to know people in the same boat.  Today I met with a friend who has been my inspiration - similar story to ours, first BFP after many many cycles and same drugs as us (blood thinners, steroids and pessaries) - helped me make the decision to move to the Czech Republic for treatment after consecutive failures in the UK - they have 2 beautiful babies.  Hope is so important on this journey! Positivity and strength to you too!

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #22 on: 15/10/19, 13:48 »
    Hi ladies, I had my first scan today at 7+4 and for the first time (Iíve had a MMC before) I saw our perfect little bean measuring exactly to my dates and with a lovely strong heartbeat. I feel so relieved and finally believe this little one might be our rainbow. The nausea is certainly kicking in big time this week and for the last two Iíve been totally exhausted so Iím struggling at work this afternoon and could really use a nap! I hope everyone else is doing well xx

Offline ally389

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #23 on: 15/10/19, 14:03 »
    Hi Missl, great news, congratulations! So so happy for you  :)

Hi CustartMoon, we are using donor sperm and we informed the midwife on our first appointment. This is such a personal choice though, you should do whatever make you comfortable! I received a phone call a few weeks after the app from one of the nurses to confirm whether we are using donor eggs or donor sperm. She told us that if would've used donor eggs, my husband would've had to go in for extra tests. Not sure what tests really. I am having intralipids too. Last session is booked next week and it is going to be my 4th. Also stopping this week my enoxaparin, cyclogest, crinone and baby aspirine. I hope this won't affect negatively the outcome  :-\ :-\ :-\

x x x

Offline NJR

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #24 on: 15/10/19, 15:24 »
    Hi and Congratulations to everyone who has a bfp!

I'm 6 weeks + 6 and my clinic have told me to stop all meds completely at 10 weeks with no tapering. This seems a bit early, has anyone else had expeience of stopping before week 12?

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #25 on: 15/10/19, 15:56 »
    so pleased for you Missl73. Sending you lots of positive vibes x

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #26 on: 15/10/19, 21:16 »
    So pleased to hear that Missl :) xxxx

NJR - my clinic always said 12 weeks/nuchal scan. I have heard of other clinics stopping earlier though.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Offline ally389

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #27 on: 18/10/19, 17:22 »
    Hello, all went well yesterday. The baby looked fine and was very active. We are over the moon
    All the best to everyone x x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #28 on: 18/10/19, 17:53 »
    Congratulations, Ally, what wonderful news!

Also Missl73, you must be over the moon having gotten over that hurdle, really amazing!

NJR, they told me to taper off from just before 11 weeks for just one week. I've decided to continue till 12 weeks and start tapering off then.

Custardmoon, did you get clarification on the tapering off of meds? So glad the natural FET worked. Did you transfer on a Tuesday in the end?  :)  if you did... it's worked well!   ;D

Offline CustardMoon

modify
    Early Pregnancy Thread
    « Reply #29 on: 18/10/19, 22:39 »
    Lovely to read your news Ally and Missl73!! Missl73 I think we are on the exact same dates!  Ally, I did end up telling the midwife about donor eggs - just in case it was needed for any issues in the future, but you are right it is such a personal thing.

With regards to tapering medications - the clinic was, I think, pretty vague.  The response was that new research has shown that the body does not need extra medication from week 10 (didn't specify if this was for progesterone, clexane or the steroids!) and said that I could stay on longer if I wanted!  I think I will start to taper off the clexane in week 9 and then hopefully the consultant I will be under here in the UK can help to work through if I need to stay on longer.  The midwife seemed to suggest that sometimes women are told to stay on the clexane well into the 2nd and sometimes 3rd trimmerster. 

Progesterone I will taper off and stop by week 10 and the steroids by week 12.  Kitkat - I asked the midwife about folic acid/folate and she said to take it through the pregnancy but after the first trimmester you don't need the higher 5 mg dose.

I also had an appointment with the GP who thought I was on way too much medication and that pregnancy is a natural thing and your body takes over - hmmm, yes, over a decade of ttc and costing a quarter of the value of the house didn't make it feel so natural!!!!

Kitkat - yes transferred on Tuesday in the end - I swear, crazy ivf mind!!! hope you are getting on well.  How was the first day without clexane?