Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Early Pregnancy Thread

24K views 88 replies 27 participants last post by  queenie123 
#1 ·
Hello and welcome to the Early Pregnancy Thread  :)

After the 2WW and the cycle Buddy threads it can feel a bit lonely waiting for those early scans so here's the place to chat before you feel ready to join the due date threads.  Theres no cut off for moving on but most people do so after their early scan or dating scan so that chatter remains relevant for those in the early stages of pregnancy.

Congratulations, wishing you happy & healthy pregnancies  ^reiki^

#52 ·
No1 rainbow princess, huge congratulations on your bfp and all the best for your scan. I think it can be both, 1 or multiples. My hcg was quite high and it was just the one in there.

MIssl73, once I feel more confident I will join you on the other thread :) Fantastic news that all measures well for you. I am sure the delay with the results has no bearing on the actual results. Fingers crossed that all is well. Yes I have done my screening tests already, both the private Harmony test, a scan with them and then the NHS nuchal scan. They showed similar but not the same results which I find extraordinary as both the private clinic and the NHS measured the nuchal line on subsequent days! So whatever the measurements for any one of you is, it is not set in stone, it depends on the sonographer, the day etc etc. Thankfully ours was low risk both times (considering my age) but the NHS measured it 0.5 mm thinner and they only measured it about twice whilst the private clinic did about 5 measurements from all different angles. You will also see a different % for the harmony results vs the NHS nuchal results.

AnnaKay congrats on your current 10-week milestone!

Ally, hope you're feeling better x

AFM anyone planning on doing a scan between 12 and 20 weeks? I guess I should no longer be on this thread but I am still so nervous so hopefully I can hang around here for a bit longer with you. I had some left side abdominal dull pain since last night, I get worried by absolutely everything these days.

#53 ·
Hi All,

I hope everyone is feeling good and pregnancies are going well.

Kat kat how are you feeling? Has the abdominal pain eased off? Hopefully just some stretching going on inside and nothing to worry about.
I know it’s hard to even believe you are pregnant sometimes- I felt the same way with my dd. She turned six yesterday 🥰❤🥰

I had my scan today which was good news- we saw a beating heart, nice and strong 5w6d. We also saw two more yolk sacs in the same single gestational sac. I’m quite confused by this and what it actually means and haven’t quite worked it out despite googling for hours 😂
It seems there’s a chance of triplets but the one sac confuses me a little. Identical? The scan machine was poor and very grainy and of course I’m very early on in the pregnancy so all could not be clear but that’s the sonographers verdict for this scan! Not sure if I should be scared on happy I think both will do for now.

Hope to hear from you all soon to hear how you are getting on

Xxx

#54 ·
Hi Everyone !

I'm 5 weeks today.

I've had 3 sets of bloods:

HCG 185 - 9dp5dt
HCG 415 - 11dp5dt
HCG 2358 - 14dp5dt

Can't believe it.

#57 ·
#59 ·
Hi everyone, sorry i didn't post in a while. Had our 20 weeks scan on Wednesday and it's a girl! I think it's time to move to another thread, but wishing you all good luck! Sending baby dust to everyone[emoji7][emoji3590][emoji8]

Kat I hope you are well, are you on other thread too? Have you felt the baby movement yet? Me none what so ever xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#60 ·
Hey everyone and congratulations to all the bfps! We've just made it through to 20 weeks so I will also be moving over. I cannot believe how lucky I am. Wishing everyone the very very best k x

Ally, yes have moved over but not really posted much there yet as only had our scan today. I also have an anterior placenta so apparently you feel movement much later. At my scan today they said it's now moved up a bit which makes sense as I can feel movement below it, near my bladder. It's like a nervous twitch/muscle twitch, not every day. But it's definitely not a muscle or gas. Moving over to the other thread now too, am feeling a little more confident as of today.

#61 ·
I know this thread's a bit quiet these days but I thought I'd post anyway just in case.

So after IUI#4 last month we got our first ever BFP on 1st Feb! I was actually a day late testing, my official test date was 31st but I was at work and so convinced AF was on her way I didn't bother. Shows how much I know!

Going off the dates of my last period I'm now 6 weeks and 3 days, I have my first scan next Monday and if I thought the 2ww was bad its nothing compared to waiting for the scan! I've been so tempted to book a private one this week but DH is insisting we wait. I'm worried because I don't have much in the way of symptoms, no sickness or anything, I'm just a bit more tired than usual and I'm waking up in the night to go to the toilet which I've never done. I did have 'stretchy' cramps the first couple of weeks but these have eased off a bit now.

Everything I've read tells me this is perfectly normal and I should be feeling lucky I'm not suffering too much, it just doesn't feel real to me yet and I don't think it will until we see a heartbeat or I can't get my head out of the toilet!

Anyway sorry for rambling on, if anyone's in a similar situation I'd love to know I'm not going mad!

Xx

#62 ·
Hi Prinzilla.

Thought I would join this group as well. 

I got my BFP this month from a fresh IVF cycle. So I’m currently 6 weeks today. I have my first scan a week tomorrow. To make sure all is ok (make sure there is a heartbeat and its in my uterus).

Have you already children? I have a 2 and half year old son from a previous IVF cycle.

I’ve had some morning sickness and feel tired a lot. Plus come out in a massive cold sore which is so unattractive.

Be nice to chat along the way. And anyone else that wanted to join.

Gemma xx

#63 ·
Hi guys, thought I’d join in too. Am 7 weeks today from FET. Have been having a bit of a hellish time. Have had ‘spotting’ of various types since 5 weeks. Last night had quite bad cramps on one side a bit more but also I was constipated etc from bloody progesterone. Have been paranoid about ectopic since week 5 but pain and bleeding has never felt emergency like. Basically it feels like cramps and spotting worse after a particularly active day. Anyway scan next Tuesday so not long to wait. Assume/ hope still pregnant but Have been too scared to do a test for about 2 weeks 😬😬

Anyway hope you guys are doing ok x

#64 ·
Also , prinzilla, I’ve read other people saying they haven’t had many symptoms and all ok. Hope you get some reassurance soon x

#67 ·
Hi Prinzilla, unfortunaely I have miscarried so the scan was just to check I was safe to carry on misccarying naturally. F';*King sucks. Thanks for asking though. I hope yours went ok. All the best for the future x

#68 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I hope it' ok to join as need some moral support at the moment, what crazy times...

I'm currently pregnant but had an inconclusive scan last week, she could see a 7mm gestational sac but no yolk sac or fetal pole, she measured me at 5 weeek +4 but I thought I was over 6 weeks so not sure what to expect as I've lost my last 3 around the 6 weeks mark. Waiting for another scan to see. Hope you are all hanging in there x

#69 ·
Hi all

Thought I would jump on this thread. I got my BFP on 19th March which makes me 6 weeks plus 3 days. I got a very early scan a week ago as I had spotting and pain and due to it being ectopic last time they wanted to make sure. So it has implanted in the correct place and they saw the sac too which they were surprised about at they didn't expect that. So i have another scan on the 8th to make sure it has heartbeat. It's quite scary being pregnant and working in the hospital but must needs.

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

#71 ·
Hi Guys,

There doesn't seam to be much activity on this thread right now,  maybe it's post lock down.

Anyway, we had a trip to Serum at the start of August and I am now 5 and a half weeks along, with our first real BFP.  Was just looking for some smiliar ladies to chat with. 

Also,  Can anyone help me?
I have a prescription for Intralipids which I need to use (even though I was negative on the Chicargo tests), but the pharmacy won't supply a giving set or cannuale.  Did anyone else manage to obtain these?

#73 ·
Hi Queenie

I am 15 weeks pregnant and have been checking on here every now again for people posting in the group. I obviously don't belong in the early preganancy group but there doesn't seem to be any due date groups for 2021 yet.

I hope you are doing well xx

#76 ·
Is there a 'late' pregnancy thread - maybe it's just 'pregnancy' threat.

It's really nice to have other people checking on here, so 'Hi' to all of you.

I am now 7.5 weeks so just glad there are other people similarly around.  I had a private viability scan at 6.5wks and have been monoitring my own bloods with my IVF clinic abroad.

How did you guys get on with telling the NHS?
I'm scared of our local NHS, and would really prefer to self refer to a London hospital, but worried they won't accpet me. 

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.