* Author Topic: BFP Due Date May/June 2020  (Read 5270 times)

0 Members

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date May/June 2020
« Reply #60 on: 19/04/20, 21:52 »
Audi - Sweeps at 38 weeks thatís so soon! How do you feel about that? How are you feeling generally, definitely getting to the more uncomfy end of pregnancy!

Carrie - sorry to hear your little one isnít turning around, I know you and your surrogate werenít keen on a section but most important thing is baby is delivered safely. How long until you find out if that will be the case?

AFM has my scan Thursday just gone, good news placenta has moved up like it should. Baby is now on the 90th so still a chunky one but no suggestion from the consultant not to try for natural birth. I speak with them again at 36 weeks. My girlfriends surprised me with a virtual baby shower today which was lovely given the one we had planned was cancelled due to lockdown so Iíve had a lovely day!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 20/04/20, 08:23 »
    Itís meant to be 36 weeks but Cos were 34+5 today I wonder if theyíll mention it today?
    Glad your placenta has moved up :) have you got anymore scans now? Awww how lovely. I know it wouldnít of been the same but glad you managed to have a lovely day xx

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 21/04/20, 17:40 »
    So heís no longer footling but is transverse....for god sake

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #63 on: 21/04/20, 17:44 »
    No more scans at this stage, just normal midwife appointment and consultant appointment at 36 weeks which is next week and then we wait for bub to decide theyíre ready to make an appearance!

Oh wow, well I guess thatís movement in the right direction? Do they think baby could still turn and get themselves head down? X

Online Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 21/04/20, 18:50 »
    Carrie cause weíre IVF and Iím over 35 said would look to induce from due date but as weíre not keen on induction midwife suggested starting sweeps at 38 weeks so in just under 4 weeks time (34 weeks now) been reading up and normally takes a few sweeps if they are started that early, hubby isnít keen on either approach and wants us to be as natural as possible but will see what the consultant says when we go and see him at 36 weeks... brilliant bubs has moved position and is definitely moving in the right direction just another turn now please baby 😍

Missl think I would rather start them at 39 weeks and maybe have one every few days if possible, saying that the amount of Braxton-Hicks and pressure Iím feeling so low down I do wonder if baby will wait that long 🤣 brilliant news the placenta has moved up 😁 and how lovely of your friend to organise that 💗

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 26/04/20, 09:21 »
    Audi - ahh they said the same to us. My surrogate wasnít keen about being induced, wants to just let nature take its course.

Yeah hoping he will turn but heís still on his side atm (she can feel him)
    Weíve had our 36 week appointment cancelled so Iíve booked us a private scan at 37 weeks and then weíll have our last nhs one at 38 weeks. If heís not moved it will be a c section which my surrogate doesnít want and needs time to come to terms with that.
    Weíre not trying the ECV Cos if it doesnít work sheíd then have to be admitted to hospital for a week until her c section and sheís not doing that so ECV isnít an option anymore xx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 26/04/20, 09:49 »
    Hey missl, hope you're doing ok. Our baby is huge as well, between 90-97th percentile and they didn't push for a c section but induction due to my age (and perhaps size of baby). 

Audioprincess, About the sweeps, I was also in two minds about it. But then I attempted one a few days ago at 38.5 weeks and the cervix couldn't even be reached. It was really mild and gentle and didn't hurt at all and when you Google it you can see that it's not meant to induce but prepare the cervix. And if your baby is low down and ready to come and it can be performed it's a good way to give this a little push over the line rather than wait and wait and wait. And in the end having to do the oxytocin drip if baby becomes too big (which I have a feeling could be what we're heading to or c section). I'll try a sweep again, hopefully the head is further down as you need pressure from it on the cervix in order to do so.

Offline missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 27/04/20, 16:31 »
    Audi hopefully baby decides to make an appearance all by themselves!

Carrie - it certainly makes your experience more stressful all these restrictions and the current situation. I think you're handling things so well. I have my fingers crossed for your surrogate that it doesn't come to a C-section but most important is that baby arrives safely and she'll feel that too I'm sure. You do hear of babies turning at the last minute so it could still happen.

Katkat - glad to hear I'm not the only one with a monster size child! What date are you booked in for your induction?

AFM, 5 days until I'll be 37 weeks and officially full term. Baby is moving so much today I am begging him/her to take a nap and give me a break my poor insides are getting rather sore! I have a phone call with the consultant and a midwife appointment on Thursday. As of yet nobody at the hospital has talked to me about what I want for labour so I'm hoping they do this week?!! I really don't want to go over 40 weeks I just feel like baby is safer out than in - I don't know if that's me just being silly because of IVF and previous miscarriage but I'd rather take the pain of induction than do anything that could be risky to bubs. Any advice on what I should ask the consultant?

Online Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 27/04/20, 17:15 »
    Carrie whenís your due date?

Katkat so could it not be performed? Whenís your next one? Eeeeeek not long left for you at all 😊 I think what worries me the most is Iíve read you can bleed a bit and cramp after them and after having miscarriages I think this would really freak me out even though if it happened I would know deep down what has caused it I might not be so reasonable at the time 🤦‍♀️

Missl totally get where your coming from I said the same to hubby that at 40 weeks (or there about abouts) I would rather have baby out and safe as apparently there is more risk or placenta failing after 40 weeks if IVF not sure what the difference is it was a while back I read that and not sure how true it is either but these things stick in my head. However hubby is of the opinion that DD was only one day later than due date so everything will be fine this time. Heís not allowed to come to consultant appointment with me on Monday have offered to FaceTime him though so he can still be involved and ask questions etc x

Looks like you are all due before me...Iíll be the only one left on here 🤣

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 27/04/20, 22:53 »
    Missil3 - not long now till full term.  defo not silly - I would be the same if I was carrying. Itís literally at the point where we just want them here safe and sound now. Iíve read the same about being overdue and ivf but when we questioned it with the consultant they had no idea why and the evidence seemed sort of shaky. Not worth that risk though.
     Have you wrote your birth plan yet?

Audiprincess - 26th May but a c section would be week before. When are you due? Xx