* Author Topic: BFP Due Date May/June 2020  (Read 5349 times)

0 Members

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date May/June 2020
« Reply #70 on: 28/04/20, 08:46 »
Missl, not booked in for induction yet as keep on changing my mind but they're quite flexible. Yesterday when I had another attempt at a sweep they asked if I wanted it there and then but that was a little too last second for me.  And don't worry nobody had spoken to me about any sort of plan till my 38+3 appointment. But apparently you can birth a big baby too... But wouldn't go over 40 weeks (that's what they told me).

Audioprincess, yeah second attempt at a sweep didn't work either, my cervix is too high and closed so whilst the baby may be ready, my body isn't. That's why if I had the chance I'd do the sweep (I don't have the chance now and it annoys me) as at least it helps the cervix ripen if it can be reached. May help your chances of a natural spontaneous birth if your body is ready...  But yes I think you will most certainly get cramping that day if they can perform it. Anyway, as everyone says in the end it doesn't matter..I'd take any form of pain or c section over an unsafe delivery, we just want our babies to be here safely in the end.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #71 on: 29/04/20, 09:11 »
    Audi - you never know your baby could be the first to arrive, by this stage we have to be prepared it could happen anytime! My consultant appointment is tomorrow but it's over the phone which is nice because then DH can join, I still have to go into the hospital for the midwife appointment though so I'm not really sure what we're saving by not doing both face-to-face!

Carrie - I have a birth plan of sorts yes, basically the big no for me is opioids so no pethidine or no diamorphine because I don't want anything that will go through placenta to the baby as it can make them very sleepy. I'm open to an epidural if I think I need it but I think I'll start off in the birthing center so we'll see if it comes to that. Forceps as a last resort. Ultimately though I trust the doctors to make the right recommendations for my circumstances so I'm prepared for things to go any which way. 26th May for your due date is only two days behind mine! We could end up with babies very close together!

Katkat - I don't blame you for not wanting to spontaneously agree to induction! Good that they're flexible and letting it be your choice when you're ready. I can't believe they left it so late to speak to you, baby could easily have arrived before then! Hopefully baby decides it's time to make an appearance soon.

I'm starting to wonder whether baby has unhelpfully moved from head down (where they've been since 20 weeks) to transverse because I cannot work out how I am getting movements so far out on both my sides! I guess midwife will have a feel tomorrow. Does anyone know what is happening post-birth for you with things like visits from the health visitor?? Nobody has talked to me about that process either or what to expect!

Online Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #72 on: 4/05/20, 09:39 »
    Missl73 - how did your consultant app go? And midwife app? Is baby still head down? Nope I have no idea whatís happening with a health visitor. I honestly donít even know if Iíll get one. Weíre giving birth in a different council to where we live so that hospital has to inform my local hospital whoíll then issue me with a HV. I can see it not happening though.
    Your birth plan sounds good and I hope it follows it or is as close to as possible xx

Weíre term this week ladies wooooo!!!

My surrogate doesnít think heís transverse anymore but whether heís head up or head down she has no idea because she said itís like carrying an octopus.
    We have a private scan this Wednesday at 37+1 so only 2 more days to wait.

Online missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 4/05/20, 12:56 »
    All good consultant just discharged me back to midwife care said all signs are baby is growing well and everything looks good and normal and I wonít be treated any differently for it being an IVF baby. She said we wonít even talk induction until 40+10 but no way I would want to go that long so Iíll be talking to them about that at my 40 week appointment if still no sign yet. Midwife said baby is head down still, I turned 37 weeks yesterday so officially full term now. Really ready for baby to move down more as my pressure on my ribs is so uncomfortable.

I really hope your LO has turned to head down not back to breech. Iíll have my fingers and toes crossed for your next scan!

Online Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 5/05/20, 17:45 »
    Just a quick update had consultant appointment and saw the Reg she was happy with everything and said they could leave induction til 41 weeks which I questioned as consultant said he would want to do induction around due date and doesnít want us to go over, consultant also said he is basing dates on IVF however registrar said she would go on scan dates itís only 3 days difference but if induction is booked on Reg say so weíll be 10 days passed IVF due date 😳 Iíve since found out my consultant was a locum and has since left so I have found out which consultant I am now under and have contacted the secretary for confirmation from the consultant. Not wanting to undermine the Reg but really feel like I must question this.
    The Reg also suggested sweeps from 39 weeks and the midwife had said from 38 weeks...still not sure what to do about this as they are only suggestions 🤔

I havenít done a birth plan as yet, I finish work this week so my plan over the next week is to review my last one make a couple of amendments and reprint.  Bags are pretty much packed too.

Missl brilliant you have been discharged thatís reassuring xx

Missl, carrie, congrats on getting to full term, wonít be long now xx

Katkat how u getting on lovely, any signs of anything progressing? Xx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #75 on: 8/05/20, 18:14 »

I hope everyone is well. Our daughter Emilia arrived on 2nd May via emergency c-section. We are so so so happy and feel extremely privileged that this very last frozen own egg embryo resulted in our beautiful little girl. The labour process wasn't exactly what I had in mind but thankfully I already made peace with the fact that it will probably go a totally different way anyway so not disappointed and just glad she's here sound and well. So after a couple of failed membrane sweeps (my cervix was too posterior/high and closed and couldn't be performed), we went on to have a balloon catheter inserted to help ripen the cervix. About 18 hours later I was dilated to 1 cm and it was taken out (strong period pain overnight). Then my waters were broken which didn't hurt at all and 2 hours later I was put on the drip for induction of labour. 6 hours in my cervix had only dilated to 2 cm! The pain was pretty strong to be honest but I didn't take anything and managed with visualisation and imaging , stuff I'd only read about a day before and it was ok..I wanted to keep gas and air for when i couldn't take it anymore and that was after 6 hours. In any case for me it didn't help and I pretty much immediately knew I'd want the epidural and the next 6 hours were sort of bearable. But guess what I was then still only 2 cm dilated?!? Totally demotivated I'd then asked foe the c section and literally half an hour later I held our baby in my arms - super emotional as she was embryo transfer no. 14 and our last one! I'm really so much in love with her x

Online Audiprincess

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 9/05/20, 20:46 »
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh KatKat massive congratulations to you and what a pretty name you have chosen 💗

Online missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 10/05/20, 07:54 »
    Congratulations KatKat what wonderful news!! Welcome to the world Emilia. Love the name so beautiful. Canít wait to join you in the newborn bubble soon!!

Online Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #78 on: 10/05/20, 10:25 »
    Katkat - that is amazing news! Congratulations!! Glad sheís here safe and sound xx

Audiprincess - lots of confusing info there. Iíd probably go with a sweep at 39 weeks as itís closer to the due date but Iíd question the length of time theyíd allow you to go over defo. Hope youíre all ready with your birth plan now.

Missl73 - great news youíve been discharged, almost there now. Has baby moved down now?

Well our private scan showed baby is head down!! Woooo! Weíve got another nhs scan tomorrow so will see what the consultant says.
    I still donít know when hubby and I will be allowed to the hospital.

Online missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 12/05/20, 08:33 »
    Carrie Iím so delighted to hear baby has turned head down all on their own thatís brilliant! Your surrogate must have breathed a sigh of relief too! Now we wait to see when they decide to turn up.

I had the midwife yesterday at 38+1 everything is all looking good but baby doesnít feel like he/she is quite ready to show up yet - itís my birthday today so were wondering if we might get a birthday baby but I donít think so! Next appointment is 39+5 but hopefully baby will already be here before then.