* Author Topic: Has anyone had successful IvF with own eggs in their 40s?  (Read 3044 times)

0 Members

Offline Heidi33

Hi there, just wondering...

Im single and had a successful ivf cycle using donor sperm resulting in my daughter who I gave birth to age 40. I was 39 when I had the treatment.

I have just completed another cycle with my own eggs and donor sperm aged 43 but this time it failed☹️ I was quite surprised as my pre treatment blood works had actually better figures than those taken 4 years earlier!

I am a loss what to do next. I'm considering tryin one more time with my own eggs but I'm 44 now. The clinic have advised me to do a tandem cycle with donor eggs but
I really don't like the thought of
Using double donor embryos.

I was just wondering if anyone else had had some success using
Their own eggs in their 40s? Particularly around my age!

Thanks so much

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Flyby

Yes, me!

I was 44 when it worked with my own eggs. I went to Serum in Athens. If you click on my profile and read my posts I’m sure you will get loads of information about the process and what I think helped.

I have remained on forum in order to give people hope in this situation!

Wishing you all the best,

F xx

Offline Heidi33

Thanks for that Flyby. That's really encouraging to hear esp after I see you had a few failed attempts. I can't find any of your previous posts. What do you think helped? I was still brestfeeding my daughter occasionally when undergoing my cycle which probably didn't help plus I was under a lot of stress at the time. I'd cut both
    Of those out if I had another cycle. Plus I was thinking of trying DHEA supplements x

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    My neighbour conceived naturally when she was 42, and a daughter of my accountant got pregnant with OE when she was almost 41. Good luck

Offline chini

Heidi, I think starting the DHEA as soon as possible is a very good idea as it can take up to 3 months to have an effect, and the effect is also cumulative so the longer you take it the more it's supposed to improve egg quality.

I would also read the book "It starts with the egg" by Rebecca Fett (make sure you get the updated new edition which was published earlier this year), which explains all the science behind egg quality improving supplement and diet options.

I'm younger than you but my AMH was only 3.8 in 2017 when I was 37, so by now it's probably nonexistent... However I have a lot of other issues on top of that, like adenomyosis, hypothyroidism and immune issues, so don't let my lack of success put you off trying again.

All the best for what ever you decide to do next, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions X

Offline NJR

I can't speak for myself, but I have a friend who has had 2 children after IVF when she was over 40, and she puts a lot of it down to egg quality from healthy eating, and avoiding gluten for 2 months before transfer.

Offline Heidi33

Thanks for the replies ladies. Good to hear the success stories!
    I have a plan: take DHEA, stop breastfeeding and buy It starts with an egg book. Not sure I'll be able to get the money together for another cycle but if I do then I want to do everything I can
    To improve my chances. My Dr said I good egg reserve for my age so I think
    It's all down to egg quality for me but there are things I can try to improve that 😊

Heidi, take ubiquinol 200 for the egg quality.

Offline Heidi33

Thanks Cosmopolitan I'll look into that 😊

Offline Flyby

If you click on my name in the orange, then look towards the top left, a few lines down click on ‘show posts’.

I took loads of supplements, I have listed them all in one of them, and you will see the eventually I was stimulated with Clomid instead of injectables which I think helped with egg quality, also egg collection was always done as soon as possible to help preserve quality, I think the follicles were about 14/16mm (maybe once at 18mm, but never left past this.

I’m sure you will find other helpful info in there x