* Author Topic: Book for donor conceived children  (Read 631 times)

0 Members

Offline Natalie1402

modify
Book for donor conceived children
« on: 17/10/19, 21:52 »
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows the name of the book made for children to explain the process of being donor conceived ? I know it exists as the councilor told us about it when we went for a session with her, but that was in 2014 and I canít remember the name of it.

Also have any of you bought the book and is it worth buying?

T.i.a

Natalie

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline VanGn

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 6/11/19, 07:14 »
    That is interesting Natalie.  I do not know of it sorry but I hope someone here can answer you.  But have you tried searching online?  Just try typing "book for ivf babies"or something.

Offline Godiva

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 9/11/19, 07:39 »
    Try the DCN (donof conceived network), they have lots of info. I seem to remember peopke talking about "My story", and we have a book talking about all the different wats a child can come into a family by Martinez Jover ("Recipes of how babies are made"). We actually were at a book event 2 days ago and I picked up a standard " where babies come from"-type book, and discovered on a quick glick through it also had chapters on "2 mummies, 2 daddies and adoption, so it seems to be becoming more mainstream. (We live in Belgium and this book was in Dutch, I'm not sure whether it hzs been translated, but author was Pauline Oud).

Offline VanGn

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 13/11/19, 08:39 »
    Thanks for this info Godiva  :) I hope we can find something like this too.