* Author Topic: Amh results  (Read 855 times)

0 Members

Offline sdonna0582

• Un-Ranked
modify
Amh results
« on: 21/10/19, 20:21 »
Today Iíve had my amh results and been told they are low   :(
This has shocked and upset me as my fsh was good. (5.0) so assumed my amh would be ok.
Iím aged 28 and it has come back as 15.
Been told Iíll need more stimulation during icsi.
Iím starting my first cycle soon and worried I wonít get enough eggs.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline AdelineX

modify
    Amh results
    « Reply #1 on: 4/11/19, 20:57 »
    Hi, please try to remain optimistic, numbers are not everything. You are young and, from my long and painful experience I can say that the woman's age is probably the most important element in IVF success. You will also need an ultrasound to determine your antral follicle count. If there are no major issues on the male front and you don't have uterine/haematological/immune problems, at 28 you still have a pretty good chance of success, even with lower AMH. Indeed, you may need more stimulation, but even if you get 3-5 eggs, they have great chances to be of good genetic quality because you are young. Good luck!

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    Amh results
    « Reply #2 on: 11/11/19, 19:44 »
    Hi Thankyou for your reply
    I am the original poster but just have a new account as forgot the password.
    My husband has severe male factor ( count is about 3million per ml) and also poor motility. Donít know the morph as always said too few to count on his results.
    Iím getting more and more down about it but it is what it is and I know this first icsi cycle is kind of a practice round. X

Online missl73

• Gold Member
    modify
    Amh results
    « Reply #3 on: 12/11/19, 12:46 »
    I just wanted to share my story as some encouragement. We found out we needed IVF when I was 30, my AMH was a little on the low side for my age (12) but my consultant wasn't worried, in fact, this wasn't much below average. My husband has severe male factor infertility and his counts have never been better than 1 million. We had our first ICSI cycle when I was 31 I got 8 eggs, from which we got one high quality blastocyst but it sadly ended in a missed miscarriage. We've since had a second cycle (IMSI this time) that was a freeze-all and I'm now 12 weeks pregnant from the second frozen transfer we had from that cycle.

We were able to make quite significant improvements to my husbands sperm results with a combination of supplements and lifestyle changes (and we were pretty healthy and fit to begin with). Also with all our cycles although our egg numbers weren't super high (8 for each) the quality was excellent which is the advantage of being young and so a good healthy egg can often overcome sperm issues. You have lots of reason to be optimistic time is definitely on your side xxx

Online dileas

modify
    Amh results
    « Reply #4 on: 12/11/19, 13:29 »
    Hi another post to say don't worry too much. At 28 my amh level was similar to yours, around 16, and once we got protocol right we had 8 mature eggs from our cycle and had our son. We also had mfi, very severe, only a handful of sperm in each sample and some samples zero.

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    Amh results
    « Reply #5 on: 19/11/19, 16:28 »
    @Missi73 I have read your icsi diary and I was so happy for
    You when you said you were pregnant! Congratulations!!

Thankyou for your reply, I canít help but worry all the time about wether or not ivf will
    Work for us. Itís been such a long time trying I canít imagine ever having a baby if that makes sense.
    What things did you do to improve? My husbands count went from 1.5 million to 3 million on one sample then his last his count was 0.7!! Motility seems to have improved the most but itís still low.
    We are both on supplements Iím on pregnacare and oh is on well man.
    Our diets are ok but could probably be better and Iíve also got hubby taking 1000mg of vitamin c.
    I do feel very fortunate that we are young and we have one go on the nhs, but if it does fail well only realistically be able to afford maybe 2 more goes. X

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    Amh results
    « Reply #6 on: 19/11/19, 16:29 »
    Hi dileas Thankyou for your reply, what protocol were you on? Iíve been told Iíll be doing the long protocol and my stimms will be upped to 225.
    X

Offline kittykat76

• Gold Member
    modify
    Amh results
    « Reply #7 on: 19/11/19, 18:21 »
    As others have said don't get too hung up on the number, it doesn't represent quality and although you "may" get fewer eggs at your age they should be decent quality, an antral follicle scan is a much better guide. A friend of mine had a high amh for her age but never got more than 4 eggs so it really is only a guide. 225isnt that high an amount, I was on that and I have pcos. THe 1st cycle is trial and error, take it one day at a time and let your clinic guide you. There are much better supplements than pregnacare, zita west are good. The book "it starts with the egg" is worth a read, generally a good multi vit, coenzyme ubiquinol q10 and a good omega supplement are good for egg quality. Also at least 75g of protein when stimming. Lots of luck

Online hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    Amh results
    « Reply #8 on: 19/11/19, 20:52 »
    Also another person to say not to worry about that number!

A few years ago when they did my partner's AMH it was 11, I think she was 29 at the time. She ended up getting 9 eggs, we egg shared so we kept 5 and all were brilliant quality. One created our 22 month old and the other 4 were all good enough to freeze.

My AMH was 22 before I had our son and then I had it checked last year and got a shock when I was told it had dropped to around 8. They said I'd need very high dose stims etc but it turned out to be too high and I overstimulated and had to coast for 4-5 days. Anyway, I ended up with 19 eggs in the end. Currently 23 weeks pregnant with an embryo from that cycle.

Before both of our cycles we took Pregnacare Conception for about 3 months and CoQ10. Once we started stims we went on a higher protein diet. Not sure if any of it made a difference but I'd do the same again anyway!

Best of luck!

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    Amh results
    « Reply #9 on: 19/11/19, 21:35 »
    Hi @kittycat76 Thankyou for replying, I did have an internal
    Vaginal scan as part of my fertility check ups before ivf. The doctor did say I had loads of ova in each ovary, I didnít understand what she meant ( donít think English was her first language) as I tried t get her to
    Explain. She just said everything was normal and ovarys looked good. So not sure wether she meant follicles?
    Iím really hoping my egg quality is good then, x