* Author Topic: TTC with PGD/PGS Hello :-)  (Read 582 times)

0 Members

Offline aimeeEars27

• Un-Ranked
modify
TTC with PGD/PGS Hello :-)
« on: 7/11/19, 00:46 »
Hello guys
Hope itís ok to start a new thread, I tried to reply to the long TTC with PGD/PGS thread but it suggested starting a new one as it had been inactive for over 60 days.

So I just wanted to see if anyone was still around who is going through PGD or PGS?

I have just had egg collection for PGD @ Guys (but live in Liverpool) and have found the whole experience quite stressful for a number of reasons (Iíve started with severe OHSS).
Anyway, I found out out of 15 eggs only 5 have become embryos which Iím a bit disheartened about but not sure whether I should be 🙈😬. I just keep thinking that if the majority of them test positive for our condition (itís a 50/50 dominant gene) then we might have low numbers which can potentially be transferred.

Sorry for rambling, just feeling a bit lost at the moment and thought it would be good to chat to people on a similar path. Thanks for reading x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 7/11/19, 21:43 »
    Hi AimeeEars27,
    The other thread had been very quiet for a good while. Havenít been on here for a while and surprised to find your message when I logged in today.
    Iím having PGD too. Having treatment in Nottingham but live 3 hours from the clinic. Had a review today and will be starting a HRT dummy cycle in early December. Had first egg collection last summer. Got 17 eggs, 3 embryos and 2 of those were healthy (dominant condition too so 50% chance of inheritance). Had difficulties with lining thickness. Transferred this summer and got BFP but went on to have a missed miscarriage end of August.
    Sorry to hear that you developed OHSS. What a pain! Nothing about this process seems simple. Sounds like a good number of embryos to me but I know itís hard waiting for the results and not knowing which way the coin is going to flip. Are your results due soon.
    Iíve found this to be a stressful and lonely journey. It seems to be quite difficult to make contact with others going through PGD. Happy to chat here or you can PM me if you prefer x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline aimeeEars27

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 8/11/19, 12:02 »
    Hi Hopeful_10

Ah its lovely to hear from you, thanks for replying. I've been following the other thread for a while but never actually plucked up the courage to write anything and then it suddenly went quiet a few months ago.
    That's great that 2 of your eggs were healthy (Its a big worry when its a dominant gene isn't it) but so sorry to hear you miscarried. I'll send you a PM if that's ok, seems like the forum is pretty quiet from a PGD point of view but it would be so great to be able to chat about things with someone going through similar. will message you now x

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 8/11/19, 21:49 »
    Hey lovely

I had pgd at guys and live over the water in Wirral.
    My diaryís on the pgd page.
    If you wanna chat just message :)

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 8/11/19, 22:39 »
    There is a guys support group on f ...book - or there was when I was there x

Offline ~halo~

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 13/11/19, 18:11 »
    Hi ladies, hope you are all well.

I havenít been on for sometime mainly as we were going through the waiting game to start and to be honest I was trying to keep my mind of it as much as possible.

Anyways we have finally started our treatment. Iím on day 5 of stims - went for a scan today and only 4 follicles are growing away happily, there is another three but they arenít much to be excited about.
    Iím so concerned why we only have 4. Has anyone else experienced this? My AMH is a good level and being 32 I was really hoping I would get more than this.

I know itís only early stages but I was just curious as to what everyone else experienced with their first stim scans.

@hopeful_10
    I remember we chatted in the forum sometime ago, Iím so sorry to hear your news, hope you are keeping well and you get more positive news soon x