* Author Topic: Icsi first go...maybe2020!?🤞🏼🤞🏼  (Read 2505 times)

0 Members

Offline Maybe2020

Thought I would start an icsi diary as Iíve been lurking on this forum for quite a while and been patiently waiting to get going.
Weíre nearly there and Iím just waiting to start my period to give the clinic a ring, my clinic shuts over Christmas for a few days and Iíve worked out Iíll be doing down regulation over Christmas so hoping they will let me start from this period 🤞🏼Fingers crossed they do!
Bit of info
I am 28 years old and my husband is 30 we have been trying to concieve our first for around 6 years.
Only got investigated about 2 years ago due to my husband being embarrassed and scared to go to his gp.
Found out he has a low count low motility and donít know morph. Counts around 3million per ml so severe male factor.
I have one left tube blocked according to the hsg scan, low progesterone and have had a high prolactin reading but that has now come back as normal so think that was due to stress but who knows.
Will come back to this post as soon as I start my period and ring and see where we are. Very nervous and excited to get started!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    Icsi first go...maybe2020!?🤞🏼🤞🏼
    « Reply #1 on: 19/12/19, 10:37 »
    AF has arrived on time today so called my clinic and they have give me my appointment to start down reg the 9th of January. Scared and excited all rolled into one at the moment 😬.
    Bit worried I havenít been healthy enough or exercised enough, I also have a New Yearís Eve party and was going to let my hair down and have a drink. Think Iím going to limit myself to a few and drink water the rest of the night, how fun!.
    Canít wait to get started feel like Iíve been waiting forever just to get to this point.
    Will update when starting. Merry Christmas and happy new year to anyone reading! 💕

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 9/01/20, 21:26 »
    First buserelin injection done today, worked myself up for nothing as I didnít even feel it jab in!. My oh did a pretty good job for his first injection giving too 😂. The nurse we saw was lovely just as usual. Told me to go back for my next appointment on the 24th January for my first scan and hopefully start stimm injections. Oh canít come to that appointment as canít get the time off, but not worrying too much as can get a relative to take me and should be in and out.
    So happy to have started feels like we are actively doing something now in a way to finally (and hopefully) have our much much wanted baby. Hope the side effects are not too bad, but will see how it goes.

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 26/01/20, 13:45 »
    Went for my scan to see if down regulation had worked on Friday, it went well and my lining is thin and ovaries look fine so started stimms! Had a little back ache after the first injection and getting a few niggles here and their so hopefully itís getting my ovaries and follicles going again. Next scan is on Friday 31st and I am very nervous about how I am responding. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 it all is ok and we have a few follicles. Last night was my worst night I think for side effects, was feeling drowsy/ extremely tired and my head was pounding all day. Feel bit better today but as soon as it gets to the afternoon the tiredness creeps in again.
    My oh is doing well with the injections still, apart from smashing a bottle of the water to mix with the menopur on his first attempt 😅. I did ask if he wanted me to try to do them but he likes to do them as he feels more involved.
    For now Iím going to take it easier and make sure to drink plenty of water, also been using a hot water bottle on my back and lower stomach as Iíve heard this can make follicles grow more. Also just making sure to keep my feet warm. Will update again in the next few days with how Iím feeling! But for now so far so good! 🙂

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 28/01/20, 14:29 »
    Having lower back ache and niggles here and their in my hips but donít know whether itís all in my head or really happening. Thought Iíd be feeling more uncomfortable by now so worrying my ovaries are not responding or not getting the follicles going. Only time will tell and my appointment is on Friday for a scan so not a long wait now. Seems to have gone so fast!
    Had a lot of luck last night And now have the money for a second private round. Me and oh have been saving but had no where near enough yet for a round. Kind of feel like someone or something has answered my prayers as me and oh weíre stressing all weekend about if this cycle doesnít go well and we have no more funded rounds ( we only get one round on the nhs) which we are so grateful for!. But Iíd it doesnít work we need to self fund. Then itís like 5k just landed in our laps.
    Feeling like the tables have turned a little and Iím finally getting some luck in life after years of a poop show one after the other.
    Feeling good today though emotionally. Getting plenty of water and fruit. Will update after my scan 🤞🏼

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 2/02/20, 09:06 »
    So scan went well Friday there were 5 follicles growing good on my left (one small about 10mm I think) and 5 on my right with 3 small ones so hoping they are catching up now for tomorrowís scan!
    Lining looks good and is triple at 8.1 so assuming itís all going smoothly for now. The nurse said collection should be Wednesday or Thursday.
    Not looking forward to the scan tomorrow getting uncomfortable now and it doesnít help having a cam podding and twisting up their 😄
    Had a bit of a dodgy stomach too the past few days but donít whether thatís is the stims or nerves. Feeling quite anxious about collection now and worrying we wonít get a lot of eggs, the nurse estimated roughly 8-10 but she said the other follicles could grow over the next few days so that would give me a few more if so. So fingers crossed they grow!
    Going to take it easy today and let my oh do the cleaning and cooking 😁.
    Heís been very attentive lately and I couldnít ask for a more supportive partner. Anyway Ill update tomorrow x

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 3/02/20, 14:02 »
    So another scan done this morning. All together looks around 11 follicles biggest is measuring 18mm smaller ones are 14mm from what I can remember and was told there were tiny ones but couldnít measure. Consultant said I was ready for trigger tomorow and collection Thursday morning! To say Iím nervous is an understatement.
    Iím scared weíre not going to get many eggs as Iíd hopes for, the nurse estimated 10-12 from this scan but I know itís not guaranteed. Anything over 10 I will be pleased with.
    Getting to transfer is my main goal right now and donít want to think too far ahead or Iíll overwhelm myself.
    The lining is looking good and thick at 14 it was 8.1 Friday!.
    Was told a few times by the nurse that my endometrium was nice 😆. So bit of good news, itís all good news as itís gone quite smoothly and the nurse has said Iím doing well, think I just canít relax and waiting for something to go wrong ina way. Can only go with the flow right now though and hope for the best.

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 7/02/20, 13:49 »
    Egg collection yesterday and got 13 eggs! Better than expected was very happy with that. Being put under general wasnít as bad as I thought either, was shaking like a leaf walking into the op room though 😂. Woke up thanking the nurse over and over 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️ And was having bad cramps so spent about an hour on the ward waiting for the painkillers to kick in. Dh had walked himself over to costa for a treat 😂 he was happy with the outcome too. Had the call today and out of 13 eggs 10 were mature enough to inject and 5 have fertilised. A little deflated but I am booked in for a day 2 transfer tomorrow, on my birthday! I am worried itís a little too early and we donít have as much of a chance as a day 5, but the embryologist said she might call back today to update and might be able to reschedule for a day 5 transfer on Tuesday instead.
    Had some cramps and spotting today after putting the pessary in, hope the cramps go by tomorow morning.
    Going to rest up today and just potter around the house. But going to take it easy. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼 this has been the most stre

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 7/02/20, 13:51 »
    Didnít finish my sentence before I posted -

Most stressful bit of the whole round. But as long as I get to transfer I will be happy to live in a pregnancy bubble for two weeks 😌

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 12/02/20, 14:04 »
    Had a day 5 blastocyst transferred yesterday 🙂 the grade was 5AA and was told it is top quality. Felt so surreal with my legs in stirrups and a screen with a little blob and being told thatís my potential child 😂. There were no embryos to freeze sadly even though one was a blast but just not good enough. Bit gutted that our hopes are pinned on this one embie but Iím just so glad to have got to this stage and can finally say Iím pupo.
    Been having very mild period type cramping on and off for about half hour today but thatís it and I know itís way too early for anything to have implanted yet.
    Just think Iím overly aware of my body at the moment. Iíve took it easy still but got a lot of housework donít today as Iíve been very laid back through treatment and dh has picked up the slack.
    My otd if the 22nd. Iím going to be so scared to test!