* Author Topic: 1st cycle, no egg - advice ?  (Read 1215 times)

0 Members

Offline snowdropwood

modify
1st cycle, no egg - advice ?
« Reply #10 on: 20/12/19, 20:22 »
Hi,

Following previous cycle ( no egg/s) and Medics suggesting DD, I requested to continue which after a team meeting they agreed for one more cycle, there were 4 eggs at EC and 2 fertilized and both transferred today on day 2 (v early ?) .  We discussed 1/2 to be transferred back. 

I think they would now be prepared to do the third cycle as I have responded better this time .  ( I arranged 3 cycle nat modified ) . I feel I guess some hope and some strength to be going through this and more grounded than at the start.  But it can change so quickly and completely as we all know . 

best wishes all xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Amandacatherine

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 20/12/19, 21:42 »
    Good luck, that is a better response and think it would be worth you doing the last round if this doesn’t work, but fingers crossed it will. I always thought if I had a young sperm donor might have given the old eggs a kick, hopefully that is what will happen for you. Day 2 is early wouldn’t be my choice as I hate transfers and always insisted on day 5 to make sure it is worth it but some prefer early transfers and feel they work better.
    Let us know the result, and it is def worth giving your own eggs a chance first before moving on to Donor if you have to and want to.

Offline Squiggly

• It only takes one egg. Just not always yours! :-)
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 1/01/20, 22:47 »
    My experience as a poor responder in my mid 30s that ultimately donor egg IVF was the way to go. (In your case donor embryo.) I can't tell you how much I love my donor conceived son and how much he is 'mine'. I made the choice that donor egg IVF gave me the best chance and honestly, the process was a breeze in comparison to OE IVF.

But on a weird post script that differs wildly from the advice I've just given you....  ^idiot^  ??? I'm pregnant at 41 naturally. 2.5 years after having my donor egg babe. (Periods returned immediately.) Only thing I did in the month or so before was follow a (mainly) vegan diet. And so did hubby. We were influenced by the documentary 'The Game Changers' which is about how vegan athletes were stronger/ faster/ better able to recover compared to their previous diet.

Currently 8 weeks I think, but not really sure as I never bothered tracking when I was so obviously infertile. Last period was weirdly light, short and pain free so wondering if I'm actually further along...

(I would still honestly advice the donor route as the statistics are amazing: 70% success rate if the donor is young enough.)

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 2/01/20, 19:40 »
    Hi - Double donation is prob the way I will go .  The stats for own eggs at my age are so very poor and the treatment is so stressful, expensive, and so on and statistically it is pretty hopeless for me. I would use the donor sperm I have already at the clinic rather than a donor embryo.   The waiting lists, costs, and unpredictablility of this treatment again being successful are my main concerns.  I have processed continue to process in my own way using donors on an ethical and spiritual level and I feel confident that I could explain to any potential child why I took the decision I did.  The ability for a child to potentially trace and contact donors is important for me so i would not use overseas donor treatment with anonymous donors though I understand this is an individual and personal decision and others may feel differently from me which is fine. thank you for all advice - bestest luck and strength to everyone xx