* Author Topic: December 2019 - 2WW  (Read 1834 times)

0 Members

Offline snowdropwood

modify
December 2019 - 2WW
« Reply #10 on: 28/12/19, 22:42 »
Hi -

Is it OK to use F/R early detection test about 8 days after 3 day E/T (fresh) ? Would this be pretty accurate ? Thank you very much for any thoughts/ experience on this xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline snuggle1982

modify
    December 2019 - 2WW
    « Reply #11 on: 29/12/19, 11:20 »
    Hi snowdrop,

Iím not 100% sure to be honest, when is your official test date? Iíve heard good things about FIrst response tests but I wouldnít know if it was too early yet

Did you test already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amandacatherine

modify
    December 2019 - 2WW
    « Reply #12 on: 29/12/19, 16:56 »
    I would say yes as that is 11 dpo and they are accurate 6 days before missed period which would be 8dpo, I have always used them and found them good, then again I only ever got bfn or chemical, so never a real bfp, but took it as correct reading 5dp5dt and onwards.

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    December 2019 - 2WW
    « Reply #13 on: 29/12/19, 17:33 »
    hi - thanks  - yes I have used the F/R  - negative - the blood test is due Friday ( 2 weeks after transfer ) though having it on Monday but no point to go all the way there if I already know or if period starts .  I am not surprised as the statistics are very very low at my age , however I am very disappointed it goes with out saying - also no symptoms - I think it would be better to go for a follow up appoint to decide the next step though no idea what that will be at the moment  - xxxx

Offline Brighton24

• PCOS on metformin 1500mg since Feb 2008.
    modify
    December 2019 - 2WW
    « Reply #14 on: 29/12/19, 19:10 »
    Hello Snowdrop - I am so sorry to read about you've tested negative. I would still test again in a few days as that is still pretty early. My period started properly 10 dp5dt but I had already started spotting 8dp5dt. In any case, you'd have been testing the equivalent of 6dp5dt and that really is early even if you use the first response. I would keep taking your drugs and maybe test once more at 11dp3dt?

The first time I cycled, I tested negative and even though I stopped the progesterone, I still didn't bleed for a week which was confusing but common. This time, it's so obvious that my negative is true that I stopped the drugs 10dp5dt. Feel pretty low but planning for the follow up is helpful in a way.

Hang in there! :) XX B

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    December 2019 - 2WW
    « Reply #15 on: 29/12/19, 22:58 »
    Thank you  - yes I feel some hope in terms of follow up appointment , feel low and sad too as you say  - because of my age largely - I am trying not to sink though it does feel incredibly unfair,  frustrating and a bit bleak TBH  - ( anyway we all know all this so no need to describe ....) yes continuing progesterone and due for bloods in a week   :-\ then onwards in some fashion ! nigtht xx

Offline Brighton24

• PCOS on metformin 1500mg since Feb 2008.
    modify
    December 2019 - 2WW
    « Reply #16 on: 30/12/19, 13:15 »
    Hey Snowdrop - It really is very emotionally challenging and lonely and at least here there are folk who can empathise. I am not sure where you live - but hopefully, the weather is nice enough (sunny in South London) and perhaps you can enjoy a walk today. Always makes me feel a bit better anyway. XXB

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    December 2019 - 2WW
    « Reply #17 on: 31/12/19, 14:45 »
    HI - I have been reading,  though not writing,  on the cycle buddy threads too. 

The home tests are negative though the clinic says it might be too early and due for blood test on Monday ( unlikely) .  Not surprised but very deflated to say the least  - it is a lack of hope that gets me and really affects my mood and vision for the future.,  I know that I am one of many with these struggles from all the threads I have read and there are no answers in particular  - I am sorry for all of us  - not in a victim kind of way but more in an honest expression of the deep sadness and loss which I don't think our society particularly is inclusive of or validates - but onwards and upwards what ever that may be  - work / travel/ treatment  - glass of vino more likely !
    I live in the south west and have kind people to be with tonight in Devon....

love and strength and new year hope
    xxx