Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

BFP - due date July/August 2020

6K views 50 replies 10 participants last post by  Herts85 
#1 ·
For all those who got there BFP's and due in July or August 2020.

#27 ·
Hi Girls!

Bit of an update on me... I had an early scan on Saturday. I was 6wks3days and there were 2 sacs and 2 flickering heartbeats... very early days and I have a lot of complex issues such as incompetent cervix so I'm remaining calm. I've got another scan Wednesday morning when I'm 7 weeks to see if there are still 2.

Karleigh -  Congrats on your scan !! Such exciting times.

Bengal - I'm super tired too still. Do you have a demanding job as well? I'm a nurse.

Herts - Have you gotten a scan yet?  ^reiki^

Tigs - Great news !!! So happy about the scan

Dozydaisy - You ok?

#28 ·
Tigs - great to hear you had a bouncing baby in there. Bet you can't wait for the harmony to tell you the gender! X

DozyDaisy - thanks, hope things are going well for you x

Bengal - I really feel for you being on clexane, is that until 12w? I found it hard and I only had the progesterone pessaries to 12w! I did clexane for 7 days due to ohss and couldn't believe the bruising, I hardly ever bruise too. X

Karleigh - big congrats, I bet you were all sorts of emotions hearing there's two in there! X

Going Greek - another twin scan, amazing news and hope it all goes well x

We had our emergency scan at the EPU this morning, one lovely flickering heartbeat. We feel so relieved and lucky. We have our clinics early scan tomorrow at 6w5d so will hopefully get some good measurements. For now we're on cloud 9! X

#29 ·
Hey ladies...

Bengal.. yep the bands help for a bit.. deffo try them! I know how you feel, I’m still on cyclogest and clexane.. bruised is an understatement lol. Do chase your midwife/scan. Let us know how you get on

Karleigh.. yay!! absolutely fantastic news! So pleased for you.. double trouble ❤

Going.. another fab bit of news.. I hope your next scan is good news too! Hopefully you’re closely monitored and the two bambino’s stay safe

Herts.. ahhh fab news! So pleased for you.. what a relief! This journey deffo tests us!

AFM.. not much to report.. same old, sickness.. exhaustion.. one sick, snotty, toddler .. can’t quite believe I’m 10+1 .. haven’t got nhs scan til 7th .. I’ll be 13+1.. this is what you get for deciding a week away at Xmas was a good idea.. hoping I perk up by then or it’s going to be a long old haul lol xx

#30 ·
Herts we decided with the Harmony test not to find out the sex of the baby.  We didn't find out with our son and decided that you don't get many nice surprises in life and it was lovely when he was born finding out then, so decided to do the same with this one.

Glad your scan went ok.

Still feel very sick and got food aversions but apart from that all ok.

#31 ·
Herts - glad to hear all is ok! I hope you got some good measurements and pics at your clinic scan.  Yes I am on clexane until 12 weeks, honestly have hardly any bruise free skin left but I'm plugging along!

Dozy- I will give the bands a go then, hopefully they help me too. I chased the midwife appointment and apparently they are still processing my referral, I think they forgot in reality! They said they'll call by end of the week to arrange, so they have until tomorrow to call me, we shall see...I'm really keen to get my midwife appointment and scan because it'd be great to get there input on the meds I'm taking but now I'm wondering if they'll even see me before 12 weeks with Christmas next week....

Karleigh - welcome and congrats on the scan!!

Going - Congrats to you too!

I had a cheeky scan yesterday, I was going to try to hold out until 12 weeks but I couldn't. It was lovely, bubs is measuring a day ahead (8+6) and had a good strong heartbeat! We got a video and pics sent of the scan afterwards and it was so nice to be able to re watch its little heart beating away!

#32 ·
Happy new year! 2020 will bring our babies!

How's everyone doing?

We had a big scare between 6 and 7 weeks, just before our viability scan. Thankfully the EPU and clinic scans that week both showed a heartbeat. We had our midwife booking in appointment on Monday so we're just waiting for our 12w scan appointment to come through and crossing out fingers until then!

Herts x

#33 ·
Happy new year everyone

Sad news from me I'm afraid, after 2 good scans at the clinic and being released from them to my midwife I booked another scan today just to tide me over (NHS scan isn't until 14 weeks and I'm impatient) and it turns out that baby passed away a few days ago. Absolutely devastated, but I've been down this road except this time I have my beautiful boy so I'm grateful for that. I'll try again later this year once I'm ready and able to. Just shocked that it could happen after I passed so many crucial hurdles

Wishing you all the best with your pregnancies and bringing home your babes x

#34 ·
pollita said:
Happy new year everyone

Sad news from me I'm afraid, after 2 good scans at the clinic and being released from them to my midwife I booked another scan today just to tide me over (NHS scan isn't until 14 weeks and I'm impatient) and it turns out that baby passed away a few days ago. Absolutely devastated, but I've been down this road except this time I have my beautiful boy so I'm grateful for that. I'll try again later this year once I'm ready and able to. Just shocked that it could happen after I passed so many crucial hurdles

Wishing you all the best with your pregnancies and bringing home your babes x
So sorry to hear this. I hope that you can take time to look after yourself and that the new year brings you success. Take care x

#35 ·
Hi all

Herts - Pleased to hear all was OK in the end with you - this journey keeps us on our toes for sure!

Pollita - So sorry to hear your sad news and I hope that one day soon you will get what you wish for, in the meantime take time to rest and enjoy time with your boy.

AFM - just plodding along, everything and anything makes me feel sick but I'm back at work now after 2 weeks off for Xmas and New Year and that has helped me focus on something else. I did, last Monday, get another scan at 9wks 1day as our viability was at 7wks 1 day and it feels so long to wait until the NHS one at 12 weeks. All was good with both babes - both measuring 9wks 3days with strong heartbeats. I have my booking appointment on Wednesday and the 12 week scan on 20.1.

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and here's to 2020! 

X

#36 ·
Happy New Year all!

Pollita - I'm so sorry to hear your news. Sending lots of love to you.

Herts - I'm glad to hear all is going well with bubs.

Karleigh - Good to hear the twins are going well, I hope being back at work isn't too hard.

AFM - I had my booking in appointment yesterday which went well, the midwife was lovely and went through loads of things. She told me that because it's an IVF pregnancy that I'll have consultant led care so I'll see the consultant at 16 weeks and discuss the plan for my pregnancy and birth. She mentioned it'd probably mean I'll get an extra growth scan which will be good plus there may be a need for me not to go over due date but we'll see.  Also I'm 12 weeks on Friday and will be stopping my meds which I was exciting about but now I'm so scared about!! I just hope all is ok with bubs! My 12 week scan isn't until next week so it feels weird stopping before I know it's ok.

Anyway, I hope everyone else is good and had a nice festive period. x

#37 ·
How is everyone doing? It would be good to do a quick recap and update to see where we see all at.

My wife is now 11w3d by IVF dates (11w2d by scan date) and we are counting down the days to our 12w scan next Wednesday. We'll be almost 13w then! Thankfully for our nerves she has had horrendous sickness since just after the bleed so we feel as reassured as we can by it. Unfortunately this has mean she needed to be signed off sick from work, get tablets from the GP and has been borderline for admitting to hospital for rehydration a few times.

We're taking it a day at a time and can't wait to see our little poppy seed next week ❤ x

#38 ·
Hey ladies have been reading and lurking but feel ready to take plunge to say hi now I’ve had our 12 week scan and measured for on for ivf dates so due 31/7. Sickness has eased but diagnosed with chest infection and suspected pleurisy day after our scan and a lovely 8 hours in an emergency ward. Thankfully talked them out of an X-ray and hospital stay had stern words with bubba that this is the end no more scares so hopefully they listen.

Glad to see everyone progressing well and karleigh that the twins are keeping you in your toes.

#39 ·
Hi all

Wow I have had a crazy week. Since last Thursday I've had spotting on and off, my 12 week scan, seen both heartbeats, been told I'm high risk for downs syndrome (1 in 80), had a period like bleed for a few hours only, been to the EPU, had bloods taken and an internal swab!

I feel exhausted already and i'm only 12 weeks 4days!

I have a consultant meeting next Wednesday and they will do an additional scan just before to check the babies are growing and the bleeding isn't down to a tear in either placenta. Until then its a waiting game - I am taking comfort in the fact I have no pain and the bleeding was only for a few hours.

Geordie - Hey, I kept wondering how you were doing! Hope your feeling a little better and getting plenty of rest.

One day at a time is definitely the best way! Its hard to keep sane in this process

Look forward to reading every ones updates :)

X

#40 ·
Gosh ladies.. sounds like you’ve all have some testing moments over the last few weeks!

Karleigh.. I hope everything is ok.. have you considered the NIPT test? Tho I’m not sure if you have non identical or not?

Geordie.. hope you’ve recovered now! Good to see you on this thread now ☺

Herts.. gosh, hope your wife has recovered now? Good luck with the scan next week!

Polita.. I’m so sorry to hear your news! I do hope you find a route forward and are being kind to yourself xx

Bengal.. I hope the bands helped, hope you got in with the midwife?!

AFM.. well where do I start.. I have been a serial scanner 😂 I’m now 15+4.. I had a gender scan Sunday, and we are having a girl 💗 excited for some girlie things in my life! My son is excited but didn’t quite get the baby thing. As he told his key worker at nursery mummy has a baby in her tummy, then followed that up with she ate it! 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣😱 had a scare on Tuesday with midwife as she couldn’t find the hb, and got sent for an emergency scan.. which within a few moments was all good.. I’m on count down to my 20w scan and figuring out when I’ll go on mat leave already.. I’m high risk due to family history, high bmi, IVF and my age.. so been scared to death about getting pre-eclampsia and have the joys of the gestational diabetes screening soon.. my son was breach so was a planned section, so I am opting for another.. due date is the 12th July, but section will be booked for 39w so the 6th, but likely the Friday before, so the 3rd. But if I get the others than I’ve been told they may move that to somewhere between 37-39w. Oh to top it off I’m on clexane for the whole pregnancy 👍🏻

#41 ·
Dozydaisy - a girl, one of each now? woohoo! That's so cute of your son. My little one isn't yet two and has no real idea what is happening! X

Karleigh - hope you're ok. The bleed sounds scary but hopefully just stretching with two in there. Did your consultant appointment go ok? X

Geordiebunny - hope you're on the mend. Illness and pregnancy must be wiping you out! X

Bengal - how was your 12w scan? X

Hope everyone else is doing well. X

As for us - my wife was hospitalised at the begining of the week and officially diagnosed with hyperemises gravidarum. After some IV rehydration and an anti-sickness injection she was on the mend and discharged with a week long course of anti-sickness tab,ETs to take. Although they are helping she is still having a rotten time of things. We had our 12w scan on Wednesday and baby is doing great. We got lots of waves and can definitely see a resemblance to big bro on the face profile! We're back to our IVF dates for EDD too so it's 06.08.2020 for us.

Herts x

#42 ·
Herts85 hg is a killer hope your wife is ok and your one of the lucky ones who don’t have it until birth.

Karleigh how you doing? Hope it’s all calmed down for you

Hope everyone else is ok sorry but in my phone and it won’t let me look back at names.

Afm plodding on stopped the nausea meds and doing a bit better just like his big brother though 9-10pm and he kicks off nausea hits and stretching pains with a headache. I say he I’m convinced it’s a boy everyone else says girl but have to wait until 16th for gender scan as am useless and need to know.
Hope you all have an uneventful but happy weekend.

#43 ·
Hi All,

Sounds like lots has been going on lately with everyone’s pregnancies. I hope you’ve all had a good week.

Herts - sorry to hear about your wife’s hg, that sounds horrible. I hope she’s feeling better.

Sorry I’m on my phone so can’t see back for personals. I’ll message properly later on in the week.

Afm I had my 12 week scan a few weeks ago and all was great! Bubs was wriggling around and waving at us, it was amazing! I also started having morning sickness at 12 weeks 🙄 not fun but manageable. I’m 16 weeks now and starting to feel bubs move which is cool and what’s even better is my wife can feel baby move too! I’ve got my first consultant appointment on Thursday so hoping to chat a bit about birth options and if they’ll let me go over due date or not. Am really keen to avoid being induced at all costs!! Oh also we are having a private scan on the weekend and my wife’s going to find out baby’s gender. I’m going to wait until birth...or at least that’s what I keep telling myself lol!

I hope everyone is well. X

#44 ·
Geordiebunny - thanks, not long til the 16th,it must be lovely to have that extra scan to really see baby! X

Bengal21 - thanks, hope your gender scan went OK. Did you manage to resist the urge to find out? We ummed and ahhed about it with our first, decided not to and then he decided to give us an eyeful during the scan! 😂 X

As for us, we've made it social media official and so everyone knows. It's been lovely seeing all the excitement of having a new baby on the way from our friends and family x

#45 ·
Ahh ladies how are you all?

Herts.. fab news on announcement.. it makes us all so much more real! Will you find out what you’re having?

Geordie.. good luck with your gender scan!

Bengal.. good luck with your gender scan too! Hope you have some birth options agreed now, or at least in the pipeline

AFM.. 19w today.. 20w scan on Friday.. sickness is back.. horrendous but meds seem to be helping! Just getting over having gastroenteritis, which was truly horrendous.. and escaped hospital.. just! Hoping for a quiet few months now tbh! Lol xx

#46 ·
DozyDaisy - we're hoping not to but said that with our son and he couldn't wait to show us his goodies on the scan! Sorry to hear your sickness is back, are you taking anything for it? X

As for us - my wife was hospitalised again last week for HG and had to be kept in overnight. I packed her off up to her mums for a few days after that (we live 300 miles away from them) to get some r&r. Glad I did as little dude had to go to the GP on the Friday with suspected scarlet fever. It's definitely been a rough few weeks! She's now 16 weeks pregnant and we're hoping the HG will lift but it's staying put at the moment  :( x

#47 ·
Hi all

So lovely to see how you are all doing.

Herts - I hope the rest is exactly what your wife needs. I have my fingers crossed shes feeling better soon

Daisy - How are you feeling now? hope the scan went OK?

Geordie - Did you find out the sex? I hope the nausea is passing for you.

Bengal - How are you getting on? Did you resist the urge to find out lol

AFM - still bleeding but old blood and no one seems worried so I'm trying to take a leaf out of their books :) I am 18 weeks now and starting to feel them move more which is always reassuring. I did find out 1 is a boy as he proudly showed us on our 16-week scan the other baby was hiding their bits lol. Both babies measure a week ahead which the sonographer seemed concerned about but my consultant not so much so. I'm still just taking each day as it comes. I have my 20-week scan with UCLH in a couple of weeks to have a look at facial features etc to see if they believe there is a chance of downs syndrome but if I'm honest I'm over it and I don't care either way, it makes no difference to me.

Look forward to hearing how you are all getting on

Take care

X

#48 ·
Sorry not been on for a while just been busy working and when not working sleeping. Nausea still here we had our 20 week scan and typically was lazy and have to go back for heart measurements next week. We found out other week and was confirmed yesterday we are having a little girl, ds was disappointed but quickly got his head around it and is i love he’s picked some lovely clothes for her and said he will share his toys with her.
Hope your all doing ok in these uncertain times and apologies for no personals.

#49 ·
Kayleigh - hope your 20w scan went well and both babies behaved. Fab news that you have a boy onboard, did you find out about the other baby? X

Geordie - hope baby girl is better behaved for your next scan. Your sons reaction sounds cute! Sorry to hear about the sickness, my wife's is better but still a lot. X

Afm - we had our 20w scan yesterday and managed to keep things a surprise. Funnily enough we both thought we had seen boy bits at the beginning then neither of us noticed any bits when looking at thigh etc so now we have no idea. My wife is still sick most days but we resigned to it staying until the end now. We are more worried about covid-19 and what the world will look like in July/August than anything else right now. Not the best situation to be pregnant in! X

#50 ·
How are we all doing?

I’m fine counting down the weeks until I get my section date and growing rapidly. Am now on iron tablets but found out today the gtt blood test was good level so I don’t have that to worry about. Have been nesting carrycot made up car seat covers washed and put back on and hospital bags nearly packed.

#51 ·
Hope everyone is OK? It's very quiet on here but I guess covid-19 has made these pregnancies take a backseat to daily life!
My wife is still remaining upbeat despite suffering from hyperemesis and being sick on a daily basis. Thankfully once the tablets kick in she is usually OK. She hit 33w today so not long to go at all!
She had a midwife appointment yesterday and was referred for a growth scan due to static growth and bump measuring 2-3w behind. Luckily she managed to get a scan appointment later that afternoon and it turns out baby is bang on the 50th percentile, tracking well, measuring great and already estimated to be 4lb11oz. The small bump is just her super strong core muscles keeping baby tucked in!
Baby had hiccups that we could feel from the outside for the first time today. So magical!

Herts xx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.