* Author Topic: January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 14720 times)

0 Members

Offline bobbinhead

• Keeping the faith that it will all work out
modify
January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #100 on: 3/02/20, 17:50 »
Maybe i got 22 eggs from 13 follicles. More isnt always better as a lot were immature and couldnt be used. Good luck for thursday. Im transfer day tomorrow. I alway find it a little anti climatic if im honest

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 3/02/20, 19:22 »
    Just trying to catch up with everything thatís been going on since I last posted, and if Iím honest I feel like Iím failing. So much activity! Which is a good thing but my tiny brain is struggling with it. Here goes nothing..

Bobbin - good luck with transfer day
    Gemma - Iím glad your embryos are developing well
    Dodoro- Iíve had a follicle based rollercoaster the last month, one cancelled cycle because everything shrunk and then this cycle nothing happened for the first 7 days and it looked like I would be cancelled again. I started to think maybe my ovaries just wouldnít be stimulated. And then.. they did. Follicles happened, they got bigger, and tonight is my trigger shot. Ultimately I think thereís no way of making yourself you feel more relaxed about the process so the only answer is to keep moving forward and trust that your clinic know what theyíre doing.
    Dancing/salty - I hope the tww is treating you kindly, and youíre being kind to yourself.
    Maybe - good luck with your embryo collection.
    Pritamin- I hope you have a plan soon. One of the things Iíve found so difficult about this process is not having a sense of when things will happen, because of course it all depends on how you respond, when your AF shows up etc. It becomes hard to plan anything.

Iím sorry if I missed anybody, it really wasnít intentional.

AFM - obviously Iím a medicated iui rather than ivf. I keep wondering if that was the right decision. Iíve decided yes, even if it doesnít work theyíve learnt a lot about how I respond (or donít respond) to medication. They started me on a much higher dose of gonal f this time and still nothing happened, and at 7 days they decided to double my already higher dose while giving warnings that we might need to cancel again. But then I started to respond. Have ended up with 3 follicles, which compared to the numbers some of you guys talk about doesnít seem a lot but itís actually the most Iím allowed to have for iui. And at one point it looked like Iíd have no follicles so Iím pleased with that. Iím triggering tonight and then treatment day is Wednesday. Iím nervous. Have known for years I donít ovulate and that my ovaries seem to want a purely decorative role, but so far Iíve only had cancelled cycles. This will be the first time I actually find myself with a chance. And I know itís only a chance. A slim one, but getting this far makes me feel hopeful.

Offline danceintherain

modify
    « Reply #102 on: 3/02/20, 19:49 »
    Maybe - I had a lot of eggs on both fresh cycles, but it really isnít a good predictor of success. It just meant I had several wasted years of consecutive BFN/MC. It really is quality over quantity!

Tickety - good luck with your procedure on Wednesday. Itís all sounding positive!

Bobbin - all the best for transfer!

Dodoro - itís early days and I would reserve judgment until later in the stims process, what did your consultant say about the follicle count?

Primtamin - I used to hate limbo, but I suppose itís an opportunity to relax (and have a bottle of wine!)

Salty - when is your test date? Mine is the 10th.

AFM - my optimism was short lived. I had bad cramps on Saturday night. I know that might not mean anything, but Iím just not feeling it any more  :(. Roll on Monday so I can just get the test done. Hate the 2WW!!

Offline bobbinhead

modify
    « Reply #103 on: 4/02/20, 17:30 »
    Had my transfer today. All went well. Cant say what embryo ive got onboard as they didnt say and i think they presumed ild read it on the sheet before i signed but i couldnt make out her writing and before i knew it it was over and done with and i was sent out. 2ww here i come and its actually 2 weeks where always been 10 days before with a 5 day 🤷‍♀️  Safe to say i wont last the whole 2 weeks i never have done. 

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 4/02/20, 18:00 »
    Hey bobbin.

Glad it went well. Bloody 2ww now!!

Did they all make it to blastocyst? Xx

Offline bobbinhead

modify
    « Reply #105 on: 4/02/20, 21:07 »
    Gemma the one ive got on board was a blasto. Not sure about any others. Because we havnt froze i cant say i was paying a great deal of attention to the others but then i didnt find out much about this one either. Didnt even get a photo as they dont do it anymore

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 5/02/20, 09:31 »
    Hi ladies.

Got the call this morning. 2 of my 3 have made it to blasto. So transfer is at 11. One is 3BB which apparently is the better one. Then the other is 2BC. So hoping it's catches up so we can freeze it. If not then may consider transferring them both. I'm not sure on the grading whether they are ok or not. I'll find out more when I'm there.

Hope everyone else is doing well xx

Offline danceintherain

modify
    « Reply #107 on: 5/02/20, 10:19 »
    Gemma - good luck with transfer, thatís great news!

Bobbinhead - welcome to PUPO land! Time moves very slowly here!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok?

Iím 8dp5dt. Iím wondering if I should do an early test tomorrow. I want to cushion the blow if itís going to be a BFN. 😬

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    « Reply #108 on: 5/02/20, 12:02 »
    My trigger shot was done last night and my collection is tomorow morning
    Just wondering if it is normal to have cramps in my sides and lower back ache today?

Offline Nenee

• Gold Member
    • A dream is a wish your heart makes 💖
    modify
    « Reply #109 on: 5/02/20, 14:43 »
    Hi Ladies, can I join you please? I am day 7 of stims, thought I got this but starting to panic! 
    Had a brief read through and see some of you are in the torturous 2ww which for me is always the worst.  What are you all doing to stay occupied?  Are you carrying on as normal?  I always bleed early so have been prescribed 3 pessaries a day and lubion EVERY day... the bloating is going to be unreal!

I have my stim scan on Friday morning and if I compare my last cycles egg collection may be tuesday/wednesday next week.
     Done things a little different this time though.  I started the pill on day 1 then buserelin on day 5 which has left me in a similar place to starting DR on day 21.  Had acupuncture last night and feel surprisingly chilled still.  Last round I was stressed that I was stressed haha. 

Looking forward to my scan but apprehensive as I only had 5 follicles last time compared to my usual 12-16.  It worked out to be my 2nd best round though so just want that one good egg/follicle. 
    I am extremely lucky to have 2 boys already, one age 19 (natural) and another 20 months (ICSI) so quite an age gap which was never intended but as you are all familiar with infertility you can see why there is such a gap. 

Will have to have a good read through and see where you are all up to but suspect a lot are in front of me. Anyone else mid stims?

This is my last round so the pressure is on.  We have self funded all five ICSI so need to be realistic and start focusing on the future, not just money wise but been constantly having ICSI, miscarriages and surgeries for 9 years now.  I do not have my fallopian tubes so 0 chance of a natural pregnancy outside of the clinic.

Anyway back to positive thoughts only, good luck ladies sorry it turned out to be a long post 🙈 xxx