* Author Topic: January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 14713 times)

0 Members

Offline Saltysea

modify
January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #20 on: 9/01/20, 20:10 »
Hey everyone

I would also like to join this group. I just kicked off my second fresh IVF cycle today. My first one was in November and ended in a very early chemical pregnancy. We had 3 blasts to freeze which we were thrilled with, since we were expecting the worst with my AMH being < 1. We decided to save them for later and rather do another fresh cycle while I'm still as young as I'm ever going to be  :).

I'm on a short cycle so hoping the next 2 weeks fly by as I really hate injecting myself with the massive drug dosages I need. Are any of you on a short antagonist cycle?

Good Luck to us all!!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Daisythesnail

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 10/01/20, 07:01 »
    Hi All
    Gem I wrote a reply to you and thought Iíd sent it but it vanished into cyberspace.  How did your mock transfer go?
    Saltysea, very impressed that youíre putting yourself through another fresh cycle.  Hope these injection weeks pass quickly got you.
    Xx

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 10/01/20, 13:04 »
    Hi guys

Thought Iíd drop by to see how things are going for everyone.

Saltysea - Welcome and I hope the injections are going smoothly.
    Gemma - I Hope mock transfer went well. I think itís good they do a practice run, although Iíd not heard of it before.
    Daisey - I donít seem to get notifications either, your not alone!
    Kelly- do they let you choose about how many to put back? Thatís really interesting. I was originally looking at going straight to ivf (before deciding to do a medicated iui package first) and my clinic has a policy of only one embryo at a time.
    Lady Catkins - I ended up having to tell work. I have a completely well managed lifelong medical condition that Iím able to
    Live a normal life with, but when not well managed can be quite a big deal and result in hospital. Work know this as before it was diagnosed I collapsed and ended up in hospital a few times. Anyway I worried if I didnít tell them why I was needing time off at short notice theyíd think I was ill again, therefore told the management team once I knew it was happening. So far theyíve been great. I hope it continues.... itís tough with all the appointments though. Iím offering to go in on my day off during half term to make up my hours.
    Tinx/simz- I hope everything is going well, keep us posted.
    Sorry if I missed anybody....

I finished my northisterone just before new year, AF came along and I had my baseline scan on Monday. My first monitoring scan was today and apparently things are developing as they should be follicle wise. This came as a surprise to me. My AMH is 85 so there was a concern of OHSS therefore my doses are really low, and I was fully prepared to see nothing today. Have been injecting gonal-f and Buserelin. Anyone else find the buserelin itchy as all hell? The gonal-f I hardly notice but I definitely notice buserelin going in. Anyway, next scan is Monday. Theyíre hoping Iíll be ready for treatment a week today. Fingers crossed....

Xx

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 11/01/20, 17:09 »
    Hi all

Thanks Daisy. Is having a frozen transfer a lot easier than doing a fresh cycle? How many scans and meds do you need? Since it worked for you last time, it's a really good sign that your chances are good.

Tickety-boo, I remember for me the Certrotide really caused an itchy blotch, but just locally and only for an hour or so while Gonal-F and Menopur didn't. Great that things are developing even with low doses - cheaper, less side effects for you and can definitely not be affecting the eggs negatively!

AFM, having some heavy headaches just like last time, but they go away with some paracetamol and drinking lots of water. I suppose some side effect is to be expected with this kind of dose - I'm on 450 units of Menopur a day! Last time they became much less and went away after a few days, so I'm hoping that is the case again and I'm glad I have a bit of a long weekend to relax at home and drink like a fish.

^bigbad^ xx

Offline Simz01

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 12/01/20, 11:30 »
    Hi Ladies,

I will be doing a long protocal this time. So far I have done two short / antagonist. A bit nervous about it, and how long it takes ! Anyone have any tips on what I should expect.

Also, another question please, been asked to choose between nasal spray and injection - any opinions please? I am thinking injections just because we are used them

Hope everyone is going well so far x

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 12/01/20, 14:47 »
    Hi ladies.

All went well at the clinic. Mock transfer went well. I'm doing a short protocol so no down regulations for me. I'm still currently on Norethisterone. Need to stop taking it next Wednesday then wait for my period then start the stimm injections on day 2. So it's all going to happen very quickly.   

Daisy - how are you doing? Strange the message didn't send. Don't think this website is that great. Be easier all of us on a group chat of some sort.

Tickets-boo - how long did it take for you period to come after Norethisterone?

Hello to everyone else and welcome new ladies xxxx

Offline Daisythesnail

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 12/01/20, 15:45 »
    Hi Gang
    Funny How you can feel so excited about getting messages from a group of people youíve never met and have only messaged a couple of times.
    Tickety Boo- Hope scan Mon goes well.
    Salty Sea really hope the headaches are easing.
    Simz- did you go for injections or nasal spray?
    Gem- pleased your scan went well :-)
    (How would we swap details to set up group- I wouldnít want my phone number on this site)

Saltysea to answer your question about FEF
    For me, mega easy so far.  Worlds away from all the injections, down regging, egg collection fresh transfer etc etc
    So Iím doing a natural cycle. So I had to ring clinic on day 1 of my period. Then on day 8 they scanned my lining to check it was thickening nicely.  What SHOULD have happened was that I then tested for ovulation with urine sticks over next week and either had natural ovulation or had a trigger injection. What actually happened was that I had abnormally short cycle and I was about to ovulate at my scan so they did trigger injection there and then. So now Iíve got progesterone pessaries for 2 weeks and embryo transfer on Fri
    So due to my crazy short cycle it will be only 15 days from ringing clinic to say my period had started to having embryo transfer- and only one injection
    Just the trigger.
    In a strange sort of way, although the fresh cycle process was a nightmare and so long, this I feel has just happened too quickly and Iím not ready. I havenít even started eating more healthily (my diet isnít awful but always room for improvement)
    Loads of love to you all
    Xxx

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 13/01/20, 12:03 »
    Hey everyone

I know exactly what you mean Daisy, it's so nice to see someone has updated and/or replied on the forum. Thank you so much for answering regarding the fresh transfer - it's so good to know it is much less of a hassle than a fresh transfer, in the case I need to go back for the frozen ones. I'm sure you will feel ready by Friday, especially if you squeeze in some salads and vegetables between now and then. I must admit, I really didn't worry about diet between the egg collection and embryo transfer last time, even had some alcohol too - I don't see how it can affect things if the egg isn't even inside you yet.

Gemma, nice to see someone else is on the short protocol. I'm really grateful I am, I like to get this bit over with as quick as possible

Simz, I only have experience with short protocol but I think it's great they are trying something else if it hasn't worked for you twice. I would probably pick nasal spray, there are enough injections and needles in this whole process, as is. But if they are giving you the choice, it probably really doesn't make a difference, pick the one that causes you less stress and worry.

AFM, my headaches departed after the first 2 days which has been fabulous news. Even managed a run yesterday and a gym class today which helps my psyche a lot. Had my second scan today and there are 5 follicles that all seem to be growing, which is great for me with my terrible AMH, so I'm feeling positive about surviving this cycle. My husband and I agreed we would do 3 cycles and then move on to ED if they don't work, so I am also just happy to tick the cycles of my list and if I end up pregnant somewhere in between, that's a bonus.

All the best for the coming week, ladies

Offline Daisythesnail

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 13/01/20, 21:12 »
    SaltySea
    Yeyyyyy to less headaches.
    Hopefully you wonít need a FET.
    Iím going with your theory. My embryo is safe in a freezer somewhere so Iím going to continue to eat normally and finish up my Christmas chocolates until itís back inside me!
    Xxxx

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 14/01/20, 19:20 »
    Hello all, I hope I can join you.  I'm scheduled to have fet on 31st January.   It's been a bit of a last minute decision to try again this month hence only joining now.

I am fortunate to have a 16 month DS from my last cycle.  I've 3 blasts on ice so hopefully we can have a 2nd miracle.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

X