* Author Topic: January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 14716 times)

0 Members

Offline Daisythesnail

modify
January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #30 on: 14/01/20, 20:44 »
Hi Tarapt
Welcome :-) xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #31 on: 15/01/20, 14:57 »
    Hi ladies

How are we all??

Well this evening will be my last Norethisterone tablet. Thank god. Makes me bloated to hell and feel sick. Then just have to wait for period to come. Then I can start on my stimm injections on day 2.
     Ekkk exciting
    xxx

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 16/01/20, 08:19 »
    Welcome Tarapt, sounds like you had  very good cycle last time so hope the frozen ones are as good quality as the living one :-)

Glad things are progressing for you Gemma, once the stimms start, things really go quickly.

I had another scan yesterday which showed good growth and still have 4 follicles in the running. A little stressed, they are growing too fast and I will have to trigger before Sunday since I have 3 night shifts coming this weekend and it's almost impossible to find a replacement at short notice on weekends and I still need to fly to the clinic. So, holding thumbs, they grow but not too much - nope, I'm not asking for much at all :-).

Btw, do all of you manage to organise scans on weekends or are some of your clinics closed? Surely a day later can't make that much difference?...

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #33 on: 16/01/20, 10:20 »
    Gemma- I normally use provera to induce a period and that is always exactly 1 week after the last tablet for me. This cycle they switched me to northisterone and it was 4 days. It really caught me out!
    Salty - my clinic is open for treatments at the weekend but they donít seem to scan. They favour a Friday and then Monday approach...

Sorry itís been a while since I posted, this week has been upsetting. Went for my scan Monday and my nice follicles had freaking shrunk. I was gutted. On Friday I had been prepared for a disappointing scan, expecting it even, but after such a promising start Iíd felt more optimistic. Anyway they increased my dose of Gonal f and scanned me again Wednesday. The follicles shrunk further. There was nothing even worth measuring.

So my cycle was cancelled and I went back to work. This is my second cancelled cycle (last time because I had dodgy lining). Itís hard, all this effort and Iíve never even got to POAS.

Consultant has decided to increase my starting dose significantly next time, and to scan me earlier/monitor closely to try and protect from OHSS, or indeed the great follicle shrink occurring again. And Iím going to take northisterone again to bring on my period, so hopefully Iíll be starting again in a couple of weeks. Iíll start the northisterone Monday.

Today Iím not working so to hell with it, Iím having wine with my lunch.

Hope everyone else is pottering along nicely.
     Xx

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #34 on: 16/01/20, 10:31 »
    Awww, Tickety-boo, that is so frustrating. None of this is easy. Definitely, have that wine! For my first cycle there was also not much growth in the first week and then it improved a lot after increasing the dose. For this cycle we started off with the higher dose and the growth was good from the beginning, so I really do think it's a question of how much. And, if they are worried about OHSS in your case, then they are probably being extra conservative at the beginning. I'm sure next time will be much better, really!

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 17/01/20, 17:11 »
    Thanks Salty. Your words are encouraging. The last 48 hours have been a bit of a rollercoaster. Wednesday I had the cancelled cycle. Thursday (shortly after posting here) my period came. I was baffled, I donít have regular periods and the cancelled cycle had come off the back of northisterone. Also while I was bleeding, it was super light. I almost didnít call the clinic because I thought it probably didnít count, but then I figured what do I know so gave them a call. They booked me for a scan today. I obviously was expecting them to say the scan suggested we shouldnít start straight away, but apparently my lining is thin and my ovaries look good to go. I start injections again tonight. Theyíre using ovaleap this time, which seems to be the same as Gonal-f but made by a different company. And the starting dose is much higher. The buserelin dose has stayed the same.

I feel a bit shell shocked. I thought Iíd have a couple of weeks to rest/recover/do normal life/my job without constantly having to leave to go to scans. I had a migraine this morning as well which I think is just a hormonal/tiredness issue - my major triggers are not enough sleep or my period so obviously today was a perfect storm. I was almost looking forward to the break. But if my body wants to do this now then Iíve got to go with it. The last two cancelled cycles mean I think I just have to buckle up and get going.

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #36 on: 20/01/20, 19:28 »
    How are we all ladies.

Well my period has arrived today. So I start my stimm injections tomorrow evening. Then my first scan is next Monday xx

Offline TTC2017

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 21/01/20, 13:22 »
    Hi Ladies,

Can I join this group too? We have been on a journey with secondary infertility since 2017 when I had an early miscarriage after conceiving naturally.  After a long deliberation on IVF or no ivf for a second child, we had first fresh ICSI cycle in Nov/Dec 2018 which failed followed by a FET in Mar 2019 which also failed sadly...

We are now waiting to start a short protocol ICSI treatment in Feb at Lister awaiting recommendation from Dr Ramsay for my other half as he thinks it most likely a male factor issue with us.

Not sure if there is anyone here with Lister but it will be good to be part of conversations around this in the coming weeks to stay sane through the treatment.

Offline bobbinhead

• Keeping the faith that it will all work out
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 21/01/20, 17:08 »
    Hi ladies. Hope im ok to join. Im on day 3 of stimms on what will be my last ever try (something im finding hard to cope with). I have an amazing 3.5 year old girl.
    Its all been a bit of a stress so far as my period came a week early and im egg sharing with no down regulation so its been a manic few days. Looking forward to diving on and do a bit of back reading of your journeys so far to catch up

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #39 on: 21/01/20, 19:23 »
    Welcome TTC and bobin.

TTC - sorry to hear about your previous IVF cycles. I'm first cycle was unsuccessful, we had 2 frozen embryos left, FET transferred both and along came my little boy. He's now 2 and half. We had a ivf cycle a year ago aboard. Was a complete nightmare. Wouldn't go abroad again. This time we are having a fresh cycle at my original clinic where my little Finn was created. I've not heard Lister mentioned on this Group.

Bobbin. How your feeling on your stimms? I start my first one tonight at 8am!! This is our last shot as well so I know how you feel.

My updates - well today it day 2 of my period. I had to come home from work from the period pains. I normally suffer from bad period but this was on another level. Putting it down to the norethisterone tablet I was on to stop my period coming. I'm still in agony now. Taken some strong pain killers. Hoping it's better tomorrow.

Tonight is my first stimm injection. At 8pm. Ekkk.

Xxx