* Author Topic: January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 14719 times)

0 Members

Offline bobbinhead

• Keeping the faith that it will all work out
modify
January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #40 on: 22/01/20, 09:01 »
Hi Gem. Im doing ok on the stimms really not feeling much of anything. First scan saturday morning. I usually respond well thats why i also donate. So far created my own little girl and 3 other little girls for other familys. Im glad i did as it made it not all feel like a total waste of time. Did 3 fets over summer. 1 worked but ended in a very long drawn out silent miscarriage. Hoping this goes well as we now have no money and no sperm left. Fingers crossed for you too. Its so hard knowing its the last try

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 22/01/20, 10:20 »
    Awww wow bobbin what a lovely thing to do.

My scan is Monday so I'll let you know how I get on. My Amh is on the lower side so I'm hoping I get enough for a back up in case this one doesn't work xx

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 22/01/20, 14:40 »
    Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. i'm currently down regulating for an FET which will take place sometime in mid-February.
    this is our last one. We had 3 blastos, out of which the second one resulted in my daughter  :)
    I'm turning 40 in February so it feels like this is our last chance as I had high FSH and low AMH already when the embryos were collected in 2016.

Good luck girls!  ^fairydust^

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 22/01/20, 15:52 »
    Hi pritamin and welcome.

Very exciting for you. Fingers crossed that 1 frozen embryo works for you.   

I'm doing a fresh cycle. Tonight is my second stimm injection.

I already have a little boy from a FET. He's now 2 and a half. Xx

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 22/01/20, 17:10 »
    Good luck to you Gem, exciting (and nerve wracking at the same time) that you’re doing a fresh cycle. Fingers cross for a good cycle xx

Offline bobbinhead

modify
    « Reply #45 on: 23/01/20, 09:23 »
    Morning ladies.
    I feel awful! Not sure if the meds or what but my head is banging and i feel so sick

How we all doing this morning?

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 23/01/20, 10:57 »
    Hi bobbin.

Sorry to hear your not feeling well.

I had to leave work on Tuesday. Horrendous period pains from the norethisterone. I couldn't even go to the toilet.

I feel loads better today. Last night was my second stim. Xxx

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 23/01/20, 15:10 »
    Hey everyone, I have been a bit off the radar as been rather busy with all this IVF procedure entails!

Gemma and bobbin, good luck, wishing you lots of success with the stims and that it all goes quickly! So nice of you to egg share, Bobbin, those little girls are making some other families so so happy and they are probably the best cared for and loved children out there! I also had bad headaches at the beginning of the stims and then again when the antagonist was added. Drink lots of water and take 1g of Paracetamol and they get a lot better. Also, they do go away after 2 or 3 days as your body adapts to all the hormones.

TTC, hi there, I'm also at the Lister and absolutely thrilled with them. They could not impress me more. We are in the best of hands! The short protocol is also great - super quick. I only has 12 days of stims in total.

Tickety-boo, I'm glad you are getting to go again so soon! Just another example of the ups and downs in this. Just remember, this is a marathon not a sprint...if you need a break, take it! Although, I completely understand you forging ahead too as I just want to put this all behind me asap!

Pritamin, lovely to hear about success stories for low AMH. I have a ridiculous low AMH but also had 3 blasts frozen from first round so for me, it's extra good to hear your story. Lots and lots of luck!

AFM, I had egg retrieval yesterday and from 4 follicles, they retrieved 4 eggs and so far 3 have fertilised. Obviously with such low numbers, I am terrified it will all end up being for nothing but trying to focus on being grateful that so far all went well and at least that's another IVF cycle behind me.

Goodluckeveryone!

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 23/01/20, 16:50 »
    Hi saltysea.

Glad to hear your well.

Congratulations on your egg retrieval. They always say quality is better than quantity. Keeping everything crossed for you the 3 make it to blasto.

Your right about the headache. I've had one all day. Third injection tonight so hoping they start to ease off

How many days is egg collection after your start the stim injections. I cant really remember xx

Offline bobbinhead

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 23/01/20, 20:32 »
    Salty. Good look with those little eggs, sure they will do you proud

Gem. Sorry about the period pain. Really sucks doesnt it.

Ive just started my second med. fyremadel. Omg that hurt and is now stinging like mad! Never had this med before ive always done long protocol before. Headache and nausea didnt last to long thankfully just made the first couple of hours at work miserable.

Good luck everybody, hope your all feeling good.