* Author Topic: January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 14712 times)

0 Members

Offline bobbinhead

• Keeping the faith that it will all work out
modify
January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #50 on: 23/01/20, 22:09 »
Just seen your question Gem. Usually 10 days of stimms and collection around cycle day 14 but can differ if your respond slow or fast but mine have always been around that

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 24/01/20, 09:09 »
    Gemma, I was told usually 10 to 16 days of stims and then the trigger and then EC is 36 hours afterwards. For me, it was 17 days and 12 days of stims on the 2 cycles I have done.

Offline danceintherain

modify
    « Reply #52 on: 24/01/20, 16:00 »
    Hello, hope itís ok to jump on this thread. Iíve had seven previous ivf cycles and I have a three year old little boy from my last cycle.

Currently day 12, and my FET is next Tuesday. We had the embryo tested and it is viable, so fingers crossed. This is my first cycle in over three years but it all feels very familiar. I was a regular at my ivf clinic for three years, and it began to feel like home from home!

Look forward to chatting with you all. Lots of luck to everyone.

Offline bobbinhead

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 24/01/20, 20:04 »
    Hi Dancing. Welcome. Hope all goes well with your fet. I also have a 3 year old from my last fresh ivf. Are you enjoying the threenager stage? Bags of fun in my house at the moment with that.

Afm- really feeling like the stimms have kicked in today. Never had that fyremadel before but it seams to have got things going for sure. Tummys a bit tender at the sides. Had ohs with all 3 ivfs so hoping to avoid that this time. Scan first thing tomorrow so will hopefully see some good signs of progress

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #54 on: 25/01/20, 07:53 »
    Hi lovely ladies.

Welcome dancing in the rain. Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Bobbin. I start fyremadel tomorrow evening.

I need all your honest advise. So it's my birthday today. Going out for lunch with a few of my friends. They don't know about IVF. Will I be ok having 1 glass of fizzy while on stimms. Or is it a big no no. All the girls will be asking me why I'm not having a glass. I do fancy one as it's my birthday. But obviously if you think it will effect things then I'll stay clear. What's your thoughts?

Xxx

Offline bobbinhead

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 25/01/20, 11:43 »
    Drink the wine Gemma. I would. Good look with the fyremadel. Im finding the needle thicker and blunter than the bemfola so not fun to get in then its stings a lot like nettles. Not my favourite part of the day.

Salty have you had any updates on your embies yet?

Scan today was good. 11 follies all measure between 10-15 mm. Less than im used to but quality over quantity is the name of the game.

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 25/01/20, 12:44 »
    Hey everyone

Welcome danceintherain - sounds like your chances are really good with a tested embryo to transfer and already a successful pregnancy - good luck! It's nice to hear about your children ladies - each one shows the rest of us that although sometimes the odds are stacked against you, IVF can actually work.

Gemma, totally drink a glass! One glass can really not do any harm! Humanity would not have made it very long, if that was the case!

Bobbin, 11, all at similar sizes sounds great - I can only dream of numbers like that! I think it's not too much and not too few, just right :-)

AFM, I had my 3 day update and really happy that I still have 3 embryos going, two 8 cell and one 5 cell, apparently excellent. Even if I just get to transfer one decent looking blast, I will have considered this cycle a success. So crossing fingers and toes.

Have a great weekend gals.

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #57 on: 25/01/20, 17:09 »
    Thanks ladies. I had a glass of fizz!!! Bloody enjoyed it.

Aww really bobbin!!! I'm dreading injecting it tomorrow. I wonder if you can change the needle on the end for a thinner one I have for the stimms!!!!

Xxxx

Offline bobbinhead

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 25/01/20, 18:05 »
    Sadly not Gem if you have same as me its a premade pen with needle attached. And has to go in the front of you thigh. Glad you enjoyed your fizz and meal with your friends

Salty. Glad your embies are doing well. It only takes one so keep the faith. Everything crossed for you

Offline danceintherain

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 25/01/20, 20:38 »
    Bobbin - Iím loving the threenager stage! They do teach us patience donít they! I really hope you manage to avoid OHSS this time round. Iíve had it before too and felt so grim I could hardly walk - my clinic had me measuring all my wee in a jug for weeks. Oh the glamour!

Gemma - glad to hear you went for the fizz! Honestly I think the stress of trying to do everything Ďperfectlyí was more of a problem for me previous cycles!

Saltysea- embies going strong! Great news  :)