* Author Topic: January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 14993 times)

0 Members

Offline elzunia11

modify
January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #60 on: 25/01/20, 22:04 »
Hello ladies. I am having FET on natural.cycle.next friday. And worried now as I am not well. Fever, aches and cough. I hope I will get better but worried it won't work. I had a successful FET in 2017 and my DD was born the same year. Then another FET in Nov 2019 it didnt work this time. Now I am worried that due to me being unwell it wo t work again.
Good luck to you all. Will post on say of the FET transfer how it went.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Dodoro

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 25/01/20, 23:32 »
    Hi everyone,

Has been great to read through all your intros.
    I'm starting stims in the next few days. First time IVF. I have an 11 yr old DD and had a couple of miscarriages sadly over the past 8 years. Turning 40 this year so we decided to go down the IVF route. We're having it done in Czech Republic and I am so nervous (and a bit excited!)

Not sure how I'm going to cope with the injections but have watched a tonne of videos and hoping you can't go too wrong??

For those of you who have been through IVF before - approx what cycle day have you had egg retrieval?

Thanks.

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 26/01/20, 08:55 »
    Morning all:)

Welcome elzunia11. Wishing you good luck on your FET. And hope you feel better soon.

Welcome dodoro. Egg retrieval day all depends what protocol your clinic puts you on. If you email your co ordinator at the clinic she will be able to tell you. Injections are fine. After your first one you soon get into the hang of things. I take it your clinic is reprofit?

So my first scan is tomorrow. So nervous to find out how my follicles are growing. On average what should they be on first scan?

Xxx

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #63 on: 26/01/20, 10:27 »
    Busy thread, I can't quite catch up (i have family visiting).

Gemma, I'm glad you had a glass of fizz. I agree with dancingintherain, when i tried to do everything perfectly on previous cycles, it didn't work. With my daughter I went to a wedding couple of days after transfer, had prosecco, danced until 5am then i had white wine spritzers throughout the 2ww (not excessive just a glass here and there) and was convinced it didn't work. Well, it did. Long story short, glad you had a glass :)

Salty - good news on the embies.

Elzunia - welcome, i hope you're feeling better, a lot can change until next friday and I'm sure your clinic would abandon if they thought it is a problem. I'm kind of on the opinion (having gone through immune treatment at ARGC on my first cycle) that it's actually a good think if you have a bit of a cold because then your immune system is busy fighting the cold rather than "attacking" the embryo. It's just my opinion though, please don't take my word for it :)

dodoro - welcome and good luck. Don't worry about the injections, you'll be a pro in no time. as others said, day of egg retrieval totally depends on your protocol. mine was around day 12 on natural cycle but can't remember what happened on the short protocol. mind you, it was nearly 4 years ago.

gemma - sorry, i can't help you there as I have low amh but try not to worry about numbers (it's hard, i know). it's quality over quantity in IVF.

sorry if i missed anyone.

Offline danceintherain

modify
    « Reply #64 on: 27/01/20, 12:05 »
    Is anyone else feeling constantly tired? I keep falling asleep randomly through the day!! Not like me as Iím normally up at 5am for an hour workout and then perfectly energetic for rest of the day. I can barely pick my feet up! I think itís the progesterone pessaries (according to my consultation with Dr. Google!).

Hope everyone is doing ok? Does anyone have their transfer coming up? Mineís tomorrow!

Offline bobbinhead

• Keeping the faith that it will all work out
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 27/01/20, 15:12 »
    Yeah Dancing i am. Im not on pesseries yet still doing stimms but oh so tired.

Scan today. 13 follicles from 13-17 but one mega one at 21
    Egg collection on Thursday 😬😬

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 27/01/20, 16:22 »
    Hi all.

Wow bobbin. Some good numbers and sizes there.

I've just been for my first scan. Got 5 follicles over 10mm (Biggest was 15mm) and 6 still growing. So need to carry on as I am then have another scan Wednesday.

Xxx

Offline bobbinhead

• Keeping the faith that it will all work out
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 28/01/20, 07:18 »
    Good news Gemma, sounds promising. Fingers crossed its good news at your scan on wednesday.

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 28/01/20, 17:41 »
    Hey everyone

Welcome Dodoro, the injections are really nothing to worry about! You will get the hang of it really quickly.

Danceintherain, I definitely feel more tired on these medications - it helps when I up my amount of sleep.

Bobbin and Gemma, both your cycles seem to be off to a great start, good luck!

AFM, I'm afraid it's not such good news this time around, on the day of transfer (day 5 post EC) there were only two cavitating morulas still going and they actually wanted to wait another day to see if they became blasts to transfer. But I had already booked flights to head home and OH really needed to get back as well and I just really really wanted to go back home so we decided to just transfer the better looking one, since we were reassured it wouldn't make a difference to the outcome anyway. The bad news bit is that they were already slow-growing and not blasts by day 5 and the one that made it to day 6 (the more fragmented one) only became a 3cc blast that isn't good enough to freeze. I don't really have any regrets as a 3cc blast on day 6 has miserable success rates anyway and the one inside me, well we will see, but I'm not holding my breath.

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #69 on: 28/01/20, 22:49 »
    Hi all.

Bobbin. Good luck for egg collection tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.

Saltysea. Sorry to hear the second one was no good to freeze. Keeping everything crossed for you with the transferred embryo. A Similar situation happen to my friend and she had a positive result.   

Well it's my second scan tomorrow. Let's hope they have carried on growing and the small ones have caught up

Xxx