* Author Topic: January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 14718 times)

0 Members

Offline Saltysea

modify
January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #70 on: 29/01/20, 05:11 »
Thanks Gemma, that's very good to hear about your friend!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 29/01/20, 15:50 »
    Hi can I join in please? Tried joining on a different forum on one of their cycle buddies boards but because I was ďlateĒ into the thread got kind of ignored 😕.

So hi! 👋 🙂 I am currently on my first round of icsi
    Iím stimming at the moment and have my first scan to see how Iím doing on Friday. Iím very nervous! Where abouts is everybody else in their cycle ? Any first timers or just me!? X

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 29/01/20, 18:09 »
    Welcome maybe, don't worry you won't get ignored on here. How you feeling on your stimms?

Bobbin. How was egg collection today?

Well had my second scan today. Got 7 good size follicles so egg collection is Friday!!! Trigger shot tonight

Xxx

Offline bobbinhead

• Keeping the faith that it will all work out
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 29/01/20, 18:20 »
    Hi Maybe, good luck with the stimms they really arnt that bad.

Salty - sorry you dont very positive but please dont give up hope as you never know whats going to happen.

My egg collection is tomorrow at 10am will update once im home. Drug free day today and im glad. Boobs are hurting so bad it hurts if somebody just looks at them and im so bloated i could pass as 6 months gone. Cant get any jeans on 🙈 
    Just worried about ohss really as my clinic have a new stricter policy and have told me to be prepared for a freeze all. Got a bit stroppy and told them it wont be happening no ifs buts or maybes. Ive not got as many folicles as previous times and always been on the border of ohss but never got it so i dont see why they think i will this time.

Offline Dodoro

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 30/01/20, 00:18 »
    Maybe - Hello! I'm a first timer. Just started my stims tonight. Was so worried about it but in the end I really didn't feel it. Hoping the rest of my stims are relatively easy.

Bobbinhead - good luck with egg collection tomorrow. Have my fingers crossed for you.

Gemma - does trigger shot feel any different to any of the other drugs? What's a good amount of follicles to expect? Hope all goes well for you.

For me as I'm on first day of stims I'm feeling excited. A little nervous of potential side effects but hoping I'll be lucky and not have any! Gonal F seems easy enough to administer as it's in a pen but not sure how I'll cope when I have to do injections in a few days.

Offline danceintherain

modify
    « Reply #75 on: 30/01/20, 05:20 »
    Hello Maybe - welcome! Good luck with your cycle! Youíre less sure how your body will respond and itís all a learning experience on the first cycle.. Iíve had ICSI cycles too, though Iím on cycle 8 this time, Iím an old timer, but this is my first cycle in four years so it all feels new again!

Salty - sorry youíre not feeling too positive. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Bobbinhead - good luck tomorrow. Thereís some research to suggest that frozen embryos have a better success rate so donít worry if you end up freezing then. Frustrating once youíre geared up to go though.

Gemma - good luck for egg collection tomorrow!

AFM - I had my transfer on Tuesday. One blastocyst transferred. It was graded 3:3 which isnít great, but Iím told that the gradings donít mean much. My test date is the 10th so itís just a waiting game now!

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 30/01/20, 09:15 »
    Salty - Iím sorry youíre not feeling positive but your PUPO now which is something to celebrate in any case ^banana^ xx

Bobbin - good luck for your transfer xx

Gemma - good luck with EC xx

Dancing - youíre right, grading doesnít mean anything, I had 3 blastos to start with, first 4AA, didnít work, then I had a 4BB and a 3BB and they decided to put 3BB back and that resulted in my daughter :)
    Unless they do a PCG testing they wonít know enough of the quality by simply looking at it.

Congrats on being PUPO

Noting to report - just waiting for my period to turn up then clinic can tell me about the next step and whether Iíll be downregging again or just go for a transfer

Offline bobbinhead

• Keeping the faith that it will all work out
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 30/01/20, 12:53 »
    22 eggs so 11 each. No freeze even though over 20. So happy!!!

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 30/01/20, 19:03 »
    Thankyou for the lovely welcome! 🙂

Iím doing ok so far have my scan tomorow so feeling bit nervous, Iíve had a few twinges in the ovary area and had lower back ache the first few days but that now gone.

Yes Iím trying to look at this as a sort of practice go! And seeing how my body responds, for now all has gone smoothly but only time will well.

How is everyone else feeling ? X

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    « Reply #79 on: 31/01/20, 10:54 »
    Had my scan after 8 days of stims.
    Donít know if Iím relieved or bit disappointed, counted 8 follicles on my right and 6 on my left, but 4 on those being small (around 10mm I think! 🤔) So all together 10 follicles growing nicely. I heard I had a triple lining of about 8.1 so thatís good too.
    The nurse said Iím doing very good for this point and will go back on Monday to see if the smaller follicles have grown. I asked a rough estimate of how many eggs and she said about 8-10. I feel a bit down about it as we are facing severe male factor infertility so was expecting a lot more eggs to increase our chances. Iím now worried weíll have none to transfer. Iím so negative!
    Everything has gone quite smoothly so far a itís like Iím waiting for something to go wrong. X