* Author Topic: January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 14710 times)

0 Members

Offline gemma1984

modify
January / February 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #80 on: 31/01/20, 11:09 »
Hey all

Egg collection this morning. Only got 3 eggs. I'm gutted xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bobbinhead

• Keeping the faith that it will all work out
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 31/01/20, 12:00 »
    Dodoro - how you getting on with your stimms

Dancing - how you feeling

Pritamin - AF shown up yet? Any ideas what your treatment plan is

Maybe - wow thats all sounding very positive.

Gemma - it only takes one hun so please dont be gutted.

Afm - the 11 are now 6. 4 were immature and 1 failed to fertilise. Will have another update tomorrow. Enjoying a day of work today infront of tv as now way could i handle 7 hours on my feet at work

Offline Dodoro

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #82 on: 31/01/20, 17:29 »
    Bobbinhead - sounds like a great idea to relax and nor work. Are you watching any series? Am looking for something good to binge watch for when I get to the TWW!
    Maybe - hoping your little follies grow. What meds are you on?
    Pritamin - my period was late (sod's law - first time ever) and I was so anxious for it to come just so I could get started! Hope it arrives soon.
    Danceintherain - how are you coping with the wait? I think it might be the worst bit!

Am on day 3 of stims and no symptoms yet. Was going to head to a yoga class tonight but then I thought I'd Google what people think about doing yoga/exercise while stimming and now I'm scared coz so many people have said it's not a great time to do any twisting/bending. Wanted to go to take my mind off of everything but now worried I'll hurt my chances.
    I have first scan booked on Monday so am hoping everything is growing nicely as I can't feel anything yet.

Offline danceintherain

modify
    « Reply #83 on: 31/01/20, 20:28 »
    Dodoro - I think the risk behind twisting/bending is ovarian torsion, which is more likely during stims - but personally I would go ahead and do yoga if I felt ok physically. I think itís more likely with strenuous/high impact exercise. I would do what makes you happy!

Pritamin - hope youíre ok and able to make a plan for next time soon.

Gemma - sorry to hear that. My consultant said that fewer eggs can sometimes mean better quality. I hope they thrive and you get to transfer a good one.

Bobbinhead - good move taking a long weekend and getting your feet up!

Maybe - Are you having ICSI? We had severe male factor and with ICSI they all fertilised, and most went to blast. Fingers crossed for you.

AFM Iím now 3 days post transfer. Iím normally a pessimist but am feeling surprisingly positive. Feeling mild nausea on and off, and just have a weird feeling it might be good news this time. Not sure if itís too early to feel nausea, though I was soooo sick with my previous pregnancy. Trying not to think about it too much as donít want to get my hopes up.

Sorry if Iíve missed anyone. Hope you all have a relaxing weekend planned!

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #84 on: 31/01/20, 22:41 »
    Maybe - that sounds like an amazing number to me. Are you having ICSi? If so then you could have a really good fertilisation rate.

Gemma xx - please donít be gutted, itís the quality that matters. And like dancing said fewer eggs could mean better quality. Iím keeping everything crossed for you so you have good news on fertilisation tomorrow morning. Xx

Bobbin - fingers crossed for positive updates tomorrow.

Dodoro - never heard of that which is probably a good thing as it would probably have stopped me from going to yoga ;)

Dancing - keep up the positive vibes, Iím sending baby dust your way  ^fairydust^

Afm - no sign of AF yet. Not sure what next steps would be but Iím still positive and not gutted about the delay. Because itís our last frostie Iíd rather wait to have the perfect environment

Offline gemma1984

modify
    « Reply #85 on: 1/02/20, 08:35 »
    Morning ladies.

Thank you for the kind words.

Just had a call from clinic. All 3 have fertilised. Which is great news. Won't know the quality till Monday.

Hope everyone else is well

Xxx

Offline Maybe2020

modify
    « Reply #86 on: 1/02/20, 13:38 »
    Yes icsi I really hope so as Iíve been so stressed we wonít. Getting more uncomfortable now during stims so hoping the little follicles have grown more 🤞🏼

Good luck to you Gemma thatís great news!

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #87 on: 1/02/20, 16:27 »
    Wow, this is a busy thread!

Hi Maybe2020, I think your numbers don't sound bad and the nurses often give you the worst-case scenario so you will be more likely to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed in the end. You've got this!

Oh Gemma, I'm so sorry, that is so anxiety-inducing! In my first cycle I only had 4 eggs and all 4 made blast though, so you really are still in the game. Try and not think of the worst-case scenario, although I know it's so hard when the numbers are low, the gamble is so much higher. Yay, they all fertilised though! That shows the egg and sperm were at least of a certain quality!

Bobbinhead, how are the 6 doing? Your are an egg-making machine with 22! It's ladies like you that should just be banned from these forums  ;D really, really, just joking!

Dodoro, do the yoga! Unless your ovaries are full of large follicles I think the risk is minutely small! Maybe when you are just before the collection and you have many large follicles, then the risk is a little higher.

Dance in the rain, we are both in the wait...what day are you testing? Good luck! A blastocyst is a blastocyst...you are in with a reasonably good chance!

Pritamin, I love your attitude, keep it up! You are so right!

AFM, I am about halfway through the 2ww...trying to forget the whole thing for now and was really glad to be back at work - wonderful distraction!

Good luck everyone and sorry if I forgot anyone...it's a busy thread!

Offline bobbinhead

• Keeping the faith that it will all work out
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 1/02/20, 22:05 »
    So my 6 are ok. I have one 4 cell and the remaining five are a mix of 2/3 cell.
    I know im lucky to get so many its why i always egg share.
    As i wont be freezing any im trying not to worry to much about how many as i just want 1 good one.

Offline Dodoro

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #89 on: 1/02/20, 22:27 »
    Bobbinhead - well done on having 6! When do you transfer?
    Maybe - what day of stims are you on? I'm on day 4 and wondering if we're around the same time.
    Saltysea - Are you going to wait the full 14 days to test?
    Gemma - yay! Great news.
    Pritamin - well done for being patient. My period was a couple of days late and I was so anxious to just get going.
    Danceintherain - keep the positivity up! Fingers crossed for you.

Tonight I accidentally jabbed my finger when I was finished with my Gonal F shot! I popped the pen back in the lid and didn't realise I'd put it in at an angle. The needle went straight through the lid and so when I picked it up I jabbed my finger. Hurt more than the bloody injection in my stomach! Oh the joys of IVF...

Still mainly feeling 'normal'. Slight backache today and a mild headache but can't tell if that's the meds or just because it's been a long day.

Hope you're all doing well.