* Author Topic: 32, unexplained infertility 18 months in. IVF in Feb & lots of questions!  (Read 310 times)

0 Members

Offline cathy208

• Un-Ranked
Hi all,

I am new to this group. Like many of you I have been on a bit of a journey over the last year and a half which has led to an unexplained infertility "diagnosis" through my GP. I do have endometriosis and I also have a bicornuate uterus. I have been offered a laparoscopy to treat the endometriosis (on the NHS) but 6 month wait list and then delay of further 6 months before I'd be allowed IVF. So we're leaning towards proceeding with IVF treatment privately and have chosen the ARGC. I'm potentially going to start IVF treatment in February - I find myself with so many questions!!

Do many of you recommend taking time off work for treatment? Specifically anyone whose been treated at ARGC? If so, how much time off did you take? They seem to require you to go in twice a day during week 2 of the cycle and then time off for egg extraction / transfer plus I need a hysteroscopy. I want to work out how much time I need to request off and let work know.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    Sorry you find yourself in this position  ^hugme^

A laparoscopy before IVF is often seen as a good thing: I don’t know why they would make you wait for 6 months? If you need one for treatment I’d be inclined to have it: my endo and fertility consultant both thought a lap before treatment improved outcomes.

With regards to time off: with a normal clinic it wouldn’t be that much of an issue, but ARGC are pretty hardcore! If you have a look on the London section there are threads in there and useful information about ARGC. Lots of ladies who go there have the full treatment period off work, as well as the time after transfer for blood tests and treatments etc. A lot of it will depend how easy you find it to get from home/work to clinic.

Good luck and any other questions please let me know :) xxx