* Author Topic: Identical twins, anyone? High hCG after single transfer  (Read 676 times)

0 Members

Offline FranWillow

• Un-Ranked
  • Trying for a DE sibling for DD born 2017...
Hi,

I had a high hCG after a single transfer - 3,818 at 14 days and 8 hours. I'm conscious of the fact that I could be carrying twins or multiples and am really terrified!!! Has anyone else had a simliar experience? Did you end up with twins or just one? I appreciate that some things in life are beyond your control, but the of the risks and complications associated with identical twin pregnancies is really scary reading. My scan is end of next week - please let there just be one sac and one heartbeat!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Aggieblue

I had pretty much the same number and only carried a single baby. HCG differs in everyone so they don’t mean anything.

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    Just to prove that hcg is different for everyone, mine was 3500 at 20 dpo and I had twin girls , so yes yours is high, you can check out betabase for some info, I would stop reading up about id twins, any type of pregnancy things can go wrong, yes the risks are higher with a twin pregnancy, and an id twin pregnancy, but you get looked after more with those. Just wait and see what the scan shows.

Offline FranWillow

• Un-Ranked
    Thank you, Stacey10 and Aggieblue. I'm still in a bit of shock and just need to get my head around the idea of possibly carrying twins. It's good to know that it can still be a single baby with high numbers.

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    Identical twins, anyone? High hCG after single transfer
    « Reply #4 on: 10/12/19, 13:20 »
    My hcg was incredibly low, and I was pregnant with twins (although they suspect it was actually triplets early on) so I wouldn’t read too much in to the actual numbers :)

Congratulations on your BFP xxx

Offline FranWillow

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Identical twins, anyone? High hCG after single transfer
    « Reply #5 on: 13/12/19, 16:28 »
    For the record: I had my scan today at 6+6 (LMP): ONE baby and ONE good heartbeat - no sign of any twin. I'm over the moon and feel very grateful. I do suspect that the pregnancy started out with multiples but that only one continued.