* Author Topic: What to expect - recurrent miscarriage appointment??  (Read 1512 times)

0 Members

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
  • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
modify
What to expect - recurrent miscarriage appointment??
« Reply #10 on: 14/12/19, 23:09 »
Ah brilliant that all sounds really positive.

I forgot I was given metformin too by my RMC Dr: I had to move on to the slow release version though because it upset my tummy, and had to slowly increase my dose, but once I was used to it I was fine and remained on it until about 15 weeks pregnant.

I hope you feel ok xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 15/12/19, 08:54 »
    Thatís good news Bubbles. Just to tell you that Clexane isnít only against blood clotting issues. According to my dr, it helps with the immune and makes blood flow to uterus better. Good luck on your next transfer!

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 15/12/19, 21:08 »
    Yeah, ive had metformin before and i had to build up to 3 tablets a day as it made me feel icky.

Cosmo, is that so? My RMD is against me having it unless my bloods show something. She also said a recent study showed a high thyroid level doesnt cause MC either 🤷🏻‍♀️.

I think me and OH have decided on the next transfer, we are going to follow RMD and strip it all back and just have what she recommends...
    I hope this decision works out for us first time. X

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 16/12/19, 05:38 »
    I strongly disagree with your dr. So many women suffered a mc because of the thyroid and she based her conclusion on one study?how vast was that research and what parameters were taken into consideration? What about other studies that proved the relationship? I trust my dr regarding Clexane and I myself donít have blood clotting issues, but because of overall ivf and all the meds I took, I didnít doubt it. I had it through my first pregnancy and had c section without any bleeding. I know that the UK doctors ( a great deal of them) are behind in the ivf matters, so donít take for granted what she says. The Uk women go abroad for treatment not only because of lower prices but because the quality of service is better.

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 16/12/19, 10:39 »
    She did give me numbers. But I cant remember them.

She said the study was very new.

The trouble is, all the professors in the RM region do contradict themselves. The lady who i seen, is known worldwide and is very reputable, however, she believes different to other reputable professors...

What am i to do? Its so confusing on what the best thing to do is.
    My original plan was to ask my consultant to give me everything he possibly could to ensure i dont miscarry again, but it makes sense in what she is saying, why give me something i dont need.

Eurgh... im confused.

Surely the RMD (who is a professor)  is going to have more knowledge on Miscarriage, than an IVF consultant?

Who knows! Who should i trust?

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 16/12/19, 10:58 »
    Look, thyroxine wonít harm you to keep your levels up to 2.  What would harm you is another mc. If she doesnít want to give you Clexane, whatís her thought on aspirin and prednisone?

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 16/12/19, 20:37 »
    Professor Q recommended Aspirin only after pregnancy is confirmed as can interfer with implantation.  It's supposed to help prevent pre-eclampsia in women at high risk so is often used for this purpose.
    TCCx

Online Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 16/12/19, 21:33 »
    Cosmos

She doesnt want me having any of it unless i need it. She said having clexane when i dont need it will cause more harm than good.
    All i have is metformin and cyclogest (to start after a BFP)

Im in the mindset similar to you, that having these drugs won't hurt as a precaution, but im 2nd guessing it now she say it could be harmful.

I will see what my consultant says. Im going to get GP to do thyroid blood test in thurs, the results will only take a week and if they are high, i will ask for thyroxine to lower.

Tincan -  what are your thoughts on Prof Q? She really seemed to know her stuff.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 16/12/19, 21:48 »
    I like Prof Q: she does indeed speak sense.  I like Professor B even more and he thinks the same.  I recommended a friend to see them and she was advised not to take pred or anything after a biopsy and indeed next cycle it worked.  The advice was prednisolone etc when you don't need it can be detrimental to implantation.  The only issue I have is Prof Q doesn't believe in intralipids where as Prof B was sceptical of them working but said they wouldn't harm, this matched my thinking, so I did take them on my final cycle which was successful.  However I'd I also switched to DE at this point and continued with clexane and pred only from ET rather than earlier. I had 4 transfered and got twins so even with top class blasts my body destroyed 2 so I do believe I'd got implantation issues not just dodgy eggs.
    TCCx

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 16/12/19, 22:12 »
    Gosh I would be worried if my consultant said that high thyroid level doesnít cause miscarriage, there are many studies that show it does, also once pregnant high thyroid level has also shown to cause irreversible brain damage in babies, so if your lucky enough to stay pregnant, then there is a risk to your baby that way.