* Author Topic: What to expect - recurrent miscarriage appointment??  (Read 1520 times)

0 Members

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
modify
What to expect - recurrent miscarriage appointment??
« Reply #20 on: 16/12/19, 22:15 »
Stacey it depends on which figure you are saying is high as in T4 TSH or thyroid antibodies.  Perhaps this needs clarifying?
TCCx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 16/12/19, 22:17 »
    Here in Australia, all gp’s have to do bloods to check tsh levels once pregnant, anything over 2.5 in the first trimester and your put on thyroxine to lower the risk of miscarriage and brain damage to baby, it’s been like this here for at least 8 yrs, also tsh levels are generally checked if your having trouble ttc or having reoccurring miscarriages and if above 2-2.5 same thing.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 16/12/19, 22:52 »
    So we you are referring to TSH then.  So now Bubbles can clarify if she is referring to same or perhaps one of the others.  I'm aware Prof Q was at some point doing some research on Thyroid antibodies.
    TCCx

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 17/12/19, 10:11 »
     Im pretty sure its TSH. You could be right though Tincan, i thought it was all the same thing.
    She has done a blood test to test for TSH and something called TPO antibodies, whatever that is??

I explained that i was on thyroxine for my successful pregnancy. I asked her if having a high thyroid level causes miscarriage and her answer was as i stated previous.
    All she said a recent study showed that the ladies taking meds for thyroid made no difference against the ladies that wasnt.

I mean, if my TSH is below 2.5, there isnt an issue anyway.
    I just dont know whether to press my IVF consultant for additional drugs and go against the RM prof.

Tincan - prehaps prednisoline isnt wise then as i really dont have implantation issues... in fact, id say i have a unfussy womb!

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 17/12/19, 10:14 »
    I just googled TPO and this is what came up....

The presence of TPO antibodies in your blood suggests that the cause of thyroid disease is an autoimmune disorder, such as Hashimoto's disease or Graves' disease. In autoimmune disorders, your immune system makes antibodies that mistakenly attack normal tissue.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 17/12/19, 10:25 »
    Yes prednisolone when you don't need it can be a problem.  As for thyroid then you would need to clarify exactly which Professor Q is talking about for you.  Obviously someone not producing any thyroxine needs it but perhaps she's meaning something else related to the TPO antibodies because that tends to be specific to thyroid tissue only.
    TCCx

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 17/12/19, 10:59 »
    I guess i have no choice then but to stick to what Quenby says.
    I dont want prednisone if its going to ruin my chances.

I will still push forward with the TSH though... maybe even Clexane 😳

Finally in with my consultant... lets see what he says!!

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 17/12/19, 19:01 »
    Hey.

So i was surprised (not sure why) but my consultant was gully up to speed with my RM app, even though it only happened friday.
    He never really mentioned Clexane. He mentioned aspirin and said it doesnt really do alot so im guessing its up to me whether to take it.
    As for predisone, as you said Tincan, if i dont need it, then i can have a negative impact on implantation.
    He was surprised Quenby didnt offer me the NK Cell biopsy. He assumed that when i told her i had the NK Cell test, that she assumed it was the biopsy so he has offered me that.
    He said that obviously i have had a child but NK cell can develop over time. I chose not to have the procedure because assuming i didnt have it when i had DS, means as ive only had 1 loss since, its just as likely to be down to bad luck (actually, more probable) than down to NK issues.
    If i do have another loss, i may consider it but even he said the chances i have it are slim.

So, i guess, im going drug free then, unless, of course something comes up in my bloods.

X

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 17/12/19, 19:38 »
    Are you under Gobara?

I’ve seen Prof B a few times now and to be honest I go with whatever he says: the way I see it him and Prof Q have spent their whole academic life’s studying this stuff and are the experts. They also come from a point of view of research, not “what can we get money out of” and I do think that makes a difference. Besides, your average IVF Dr deals with all sorts of issues, and even immune Drs have a wide range of scope: these pair (and their team) are very highly focused and will only give opinions on the stuff they actually study themselves.

Good luck whatever you decide xxx

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 17/12/19, 19:57 »
    Yes, Dr Gobara is who im seeing.

Thats exactly how i see them top to be honest. Ive heard such positive reviews on Q.. i will admit, i only hard of B today when Dr Gobara mentioned him.

I will speak to Q on my phone appointment about the biopsy. I think im doing the right thing by pressing on with another transfer now. I just dont think there is enough there to suggest NK issues.
    Who knows if I'm making the right choice.