* Author Topic: FET January/February..... Ho ho ho/Happy New Year!  (Read 15872 times)

0 Members

Offline Jupiter 96

Am I alone in my thoughts about cycling in the New Year?!

Not able to start your cycle until the New Year, itís your first FET and you are so very excited!

Maybe you are contemplating the next cycle after your last BFN and all you can think about is the next try but you canít actually do anything about it and you are going excited but then scared and then scared but excited and itís constantly in your thoughts?!?

It could be you are thinking fu*k IVF, I am going to do what I want, eat, drink and be merry for the Christmas season....fertility treatment is next years problem....

Letís chat..... before, during and after our cycles  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    FET January/February..... Ho ho ho/Happy New Year!
    « Reply #1 on: 13/12/19, 08:33 »
    Hi Jupiter 96,
    Itís lovely to hear from you! Iíve been waiting for a Jan/Feb board to open and thought it may still be a little way off yet. Itís hard to estimate but I think weíll be transferring late in January and not testing until early February. Weíll be doing our second FET of our one remaining frozen embryo. We had egg collection and PGD last summer. Then had difficulties with lining. Had a transfer this summer and couldnít believe we got a BFP first time. Unfortunately we found out we had had a missed miscarriage at the end of August at 12 weeks (embryo had grown to 10 weeks) which I have found really hard. We want to try again as itís our only way of having a healthy baby. However, Iíve got really mixed feelings about the whole thing and what will happen and how Iíll cope. Iím trying to keep busy and focus on other things. I completely get your frustration about starting and thinking about it all the time but Iím trying not to stress and think about it all the time like last time. I need to find a way of coping with this as well as living life, especially if we have to go through all this multiple times. Iím doing pretty well with managing 5 fruit/veg a day but not doing as much exercise as I should. I have a healthy BMI but have put on some pounds which I had intended to loose. Our clinic wanted me to have extra estrogen before down-regging so I started progynova on 3/12. Iíll add in Provera on 17/12 and Buserelin on 19/12.
    What protocol are you on? When are you likely to start? Is it your first FET? Have you had a transfer before? Iíd be happy to chat before, during and after x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 13/12/19, 08:36 »
    The latter one!

Ive done all the healthy eating, no drinking etc and it made no difference.
    In fact my recent cycle of IVF, i didnt diet and drank up until stims and had my best cycle yet. 1 top quality transferred and 3 top quality frozen (my best quality embryo prior to this cycle was a 3BB)

Unfortunately, ended in CP so now entering the unknown called FET! I know lots about IVF, zilch about FET!

I have a follow up on tuesday and im guessing i will know when i will be able to start FET and what protocol il be on. I imagine it will be Feb when i transfer.

Currently on route for my initial app for recurrent miscarriage.

X

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 13/12/19, 08:48 »
    Hi ladies

Nice to be able to join another cycle forum  ^idiot^
    We had a fresh cycle in October which resulted in a positive but then miscarriage we had transferred a top quality embryo and put 2 on ice. We had our review appointment which was really positive and going ahead with a FET January unsure of dates yet as have to ring them with first day of my next AF so prob cycle January and transfer February
    Baby dust to u all letís get sum lovely BFPís in this forum after the New Year  :)
    X Kelly x

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 14/12/19, 21:41 »
    Hoping

In your review meeting, i presume it was discussed what protocol of FET you were having, ie: Natural or medicated?

What protocol will you be on? Did he say why he chose it?

I have my review on Tuesday.

Offline Olddognewtricks

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 14/12/19, 22:33 »
    I'd love to join the chat.
    First FET after 4 fresh rounds (banking a few embryos as I went along to make the most of own egg chances due to age). 1 ectopic and 3 BFN, I'm hoping that FETs bring a change in luck.
    In my review consultation they suggested natural for me being that I ovulate regularly and would be less drugs, which in turn means less money! They said stats were similar for medicated vs natural but that natural was less predictable for timings and might involve more scans to determine when ovulation takes place.
    As a result of the unknown that lies ahead, I'm making the most of the festive season and putting IVF in the background before getting back to healthy living in a few weeks.
    Obviously, when I say I'm putting IVF on the background, I'm on an IVF forum on a Saturday night during Xmas party sesson, so it's probably still pretty much in the forefront!

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 15/12/19, 09:25 »
    Good Morning Ladies!

Itís so lovely to know that I am not alone or crazy for thinking about the impending 2020 FET cycles!
    We can help each other through this fertility rollercoaster hopefully, although in some ways it could be the blind leading the blind! This will only  be FET cycle two for me.

@ Hopeful
    Welcome!
    I am so sorry for your loss, that must have been a heartbreaking experience. I have only the one FET cycle and that BFN devastated so I can only try to imagine what you have been through. I respect your bravery and determination to keep only going with such balance yet positivity.

In answer to your questions, this is will be my second transfer following a quick medicated cycle in 2016 so itís already been a long journey so far.  Unfortunately it was a BFN, it just felt instinctively like it ďwasnít the right timeĒ. Little things kept going wrong but I still kept the hope so it was a bit of a shock to the system getting that BFN.  It has taken me a little while to dust myself down.  Timing wise if AF plays ball and arrives end of Dec/early Jan we plan for transfer around 17th or week after that.  If AF comes too early in Dec then itís a conversation with the consultant as we are trying to avoid the busiest and most fatiguing point of my monthly work Schedule.  It will be another medicated cycle, the doctor didnít feel changes were necessary and that I was just unlucky.  However, I asked to have progesterone tested on transfer day in case levels need to be upped ASAP and I will have a mixture of injections and pessaries because I didnít feel confident enough was being absorbed last time.

Like you I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I am getting my head into the game but not quite there yet.  I hope I can manage the emotional side of it all, the medication really does make you feel pregnant.

How are you feeling on the down try? Fingers crossed it sounds like we are aiming to transfer around similar times.

How will you be spending Christmas, do your family know that you are having treatment?

@ Bubbles
    Welcome!
    When did you have your last transfer? What was your experience? Did you have a gut feeling about it all? I am sorry to hear that it was a CP.

How did the recurrent miscarriage appointment go?

@ Kelly
    Thatís great that you had a positive follow up.  Sorry to hear that it was a miscarriage.
    Have you been advised to do anything differently this cycle?
    I shall definitely raise a cup of tea toast to some lovely BFPs for us all!

@ Olddognewtricks
    Welcome to the chat!  I am hoping for a change of luck for you too.  Sounds like it has been a long journey for you. Do you have any tips re managing your emotions through it all? This is my main concern. 
    Weíll try to get you through the unknown but itís great that you have non medicated as an option. Less medication sounds wonderful!  When and how do you kick off your FET cycle?

AFM - Praying AF behaves and arrives end of Dec but already feeling pre menstrual so it may very end up being a Feb transfer.

Happy Sunday!

Jx

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 15/12/19, 12:07 »
    Hi ladies

Bubbles: Yea they told me about medicated and non medicated FET I have went with medicated as it can all be timed and controlled rather then a natural, I am gonna be on buserlin injections and estrogen tablets and cyclogest presseries, told me to call on my first day of AF which shud be 20th this month but warned me I may have to wait til my January AF as there dairy is fully booked so I may have to go with a late jan early feb transfer which I donít mind either way as can get myself prepared, Wishing u Goodluck ur in review apptment I left feeling very positive so I hope u do too.

Jupiter: No they have just added in the estrogen tablets 2mg this time which I didnít have in my fresh cycle not sure if this is needed in a FET or if itís just summit they are trying, iam also looking at a late Jan early Feb transfer due to dates as my AF due around 20th but doesnít often play ball but am quite happy to hold out a bit and get Christmas and new year out the way and will keep me occupied look forward to cycling with u

Olddog: sorry to hear about ur previous cycles but letís all get our positive heads on that FET is the one for us all!!!! I no what u mean about putting it at the back of mind I think we have all timed it nicely as the wait is the worst part but lucky only we have 1 of the most occupying times of the year to help pass the time for us Christmas first then new year week later shid fly by for us all :-)

Hopeful: Sorry to hear about ur last cycle, similar thing happened to me but mine was bit earlier on awful awful time but here we are chin up chest out and going again, wishing u all the luck with ur FET just takes that 1 little embryo to do the trick I have read ppl having 1 top grade transferred and a BFN then ppl with a very low grade and not much progress with thawing and went on to have a BFP just shows ivf alone is really like a lotto draw, Goodluck and keep us updated give us a nice little kick start with a nice big BFP

X Kelly x

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 15/12/19, 20:42 »
    Jupiter

My last transfer was 6th November. It was a fresh cycle and my worst emotionally. I really didnt handle it well, which you would think that as it was my 6th cycle, id know how to handle it!
    I was constantly googling everything. And knew from the moment i had the transfer that ultimately i wasnt going to get a baby from that transfer. I just knew. Weird.

My Recurrent MC app went well. The professor was very optimistic. She said ive got pregnant alot, almost at every opportunity given so she said i was more than likely going to have another baby.
    Ive had a load of bloods done, got to wait 4 weeks for the results. If i get pregnant again, im to call them straight away to arrange a 6, 8 and 10 weeks. Its nice to know there is the support there.

Hoping - its good that you were given the choice and that it doesnt bother you too much when you start. Im horrendously impatient so im itching to get on with it.

With regards to me, and which is better, natural or medicated.. im not sure. I have PCOS and although my cycles are long at 42 days, they are regular.
    I lžke the no drug approach if im honest, especially given my miscarriage record, but do worry about the amount of scans and work.

Haha, Olddog, i always 'try' to put IVF on the backburner.... it never happens!

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 15/12/19, 21:54 »
    Bubbles12 - I admire you cycling again so soon after your last fresh cycle. I think googling is the enemy during treatment! I hope this cycle is much more positive for you. Glad to hear your appt went well too.

Hopingtobeamammyno2 - Sounds like you're pretty much on the same protocol as me. I'm sorry you also had a miscarriage. It really was such an awful awful time and completely floored me. I was off work for quite a few weeks. That's why I have such mixed feelings about cycling again. I like your advice about chin up and chest out and am glad to have someone around to remind me of this, which I'm sure I'll need from time to time. I hope I can kickstart the thread with a BFP but not sure I'll be first as although I've started drugs, I'll need to down-reg which means everything will take a good while yet!

Jupiter 96 - You are not alone! It's definitely good to hear from others though. Thank you for such kind words. I'm trying to remain balanced but fear positivity may be lacking at times so may need support to keep this up. I'm glad we could be on a similar timescale. Managing treatment alongside work is so difficult. Although our family know about the PGD, like last time I have chosen not to tell them that we are having treatment now and where we are up to so I don't have everyone else's feelings to manage as well as our own. So far I'm feeling ok on the medication but I'm just on progynova at the moment. We add in Provera on Tuesday and then start Buserelin on Thursday so we'll have to see how that goes x

Olddognewtricks - Welcome! Hoping you'll have more luck with a FET. Lower cost with a natural cycle is a big bonus! Make the very most of Christmas while you can x