* Author Topic: FET January/February..... Ho ho ho/Happy New Year!  (Read 14396 times)

0 Members

Offline Olddognewtricks

• Un-Ranked
modify
FET January/February..... Ho ho ho/Happy New Year!
« Reply #10 on: 16/12/19, 18:43 »
Hello all. Apologies in advance for lack of personals, I worry that I'll forget someone!
It sounds like you've all had a tough time on this mad quest we find ourselves on and I'm very sorry for each of your losses. I don't think people who haven't had IVF really get how awful it is when that happens. To have got through all of the stages of treatment, with fingers crossed at every stage for the right number of follicles, eggs, fertilisation and surviving embryos - to create a pregnancy is such a miracle, for it not to continue is such a punch in the face.
The emotional/mental side of IVF is definitely the hardest and is so much harder than I anticipated. I saw some statistics somewhere that as many as 1/4 of people who have a failed first cycle give up on IVF, which shows how brutal the process is. I guess like the rest of you I 'cope' with IVF as best as I can, trying to eat well, exercise, see friends, do hobbies - all the things that give you a healthy balance. And I vow not to Google/symptom watch because I know that I will only take note of the things that point to this cycle being the magic one. I fail regularly though, on all fronts but am learning to give myself a break and accept that it's OK to be a mess at times. The fact we're all on an FET journey means we're still trying, so that is about all we can ask of ourselves.
It seems like we have a mix of natural/medicated and tested/untested embryos, from what I have gathered from my experience so far, it's all about luck! 2020 has lucky written all over it I think!
I hope you're all feeling OK
X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 16/12/19, 18:59 »
    Hi All

Hopeful - ha, i admire anyone that wants to have a break! I just dont have it in me, im just to impatient. To be fair, i just want it all over and done with. Im so lucky to have my son but im desperate for him to be a big bro. OH is 55 now so i dont want to be hanging it out any longer than i can. Im hoping by this time next year, we will know our fate, whether we will be a family of 4 or a little cute family of 3. I cant do this for much longer.

Olddog, its true. I actually look forward to the physical side of things (injections, EC, ET) But this time, it was tough before i knew if we would have frosties, i said i couldnt do a fresh cycle again. The constant worrying of follicle sizes, whether id ovulated early, it they would get an eggs... it goes on and on... and that's before the 2ww!

We (i say we, i mean i) have always been open about IVF and work colleagues, friends (close) have known about my treatment but not this time. Im only telling my boss. I cant have everyone knowing this time. I dont want people asking 'whens test day' or 'have you tested yet'
    Work colleagues will know the signs im guessing but they wont ask questions.

So, its my follow up app tomorrow. Another example of me being impatient is i have paid for this app privately rather than wait for my free one as the waiting list goes on until the end of Feb! No way am i waiting that long.
    So hopefully, i will know what protocol i am on. And when i will he able to start.

X

Offline Desperatelady30

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 17/12/19, 10:09 »
    Hi All!

I'm flying out to Cyprus on the 8th Jan for my first FET. I went out in Nov for my first cycle of Icsi, I should have had a fresh transfer then but I had OHSS so the hospital wouldn't allow it. So now we have 5 day 5 blasts in the freezer. I'm feeling pretty positive about the FET but I'm worried that this could make it even harder if it doesn't work.

Other than lots of fruit and veg, no alcohol or caffeine is there anything that you guys are/nt eating and drinking? I feel like I was really careful before going out last time but I'm worrying that I'm not being as strict this time round. It's so hard with it being Christmas!

Offline Micg15

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 17/12/19, 19:22 »
    Hi All

Thought Iíd add on and join
    Iím due to have an fet at the end of January, flying over to Greece to have the remaining 2 Frosties implanted.

This is our second cycle, the first resulted in our little girl so desperately hoping that we can get a sibling for her. Just donít know if we can be so lucky again and have 2 babies from the same set of embryos

Iím trying to eat healthy but finding it so hard atm just want chocolate!! I thought about doing things in moderation until 1 jan then a massive detox! Iím accupuncturing and exercising lots along with raspberry tea and Brazil nuts!!!

Hope everyone is doing well not long for all of us xx

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 17/12/19, 20:09 »
    Hi.

Desperate - Hey, glad your feeling positive. As soon as you get Xmas out the way, you will be in Cyprus! Have you thought about how many to put back?

Micg - i dont bother much with making drastic lifestyle changes to be honest. I will try to lose the christmas weight, but thats about it

So, ive had my follow up. Consultant asked how old i was. I told him 35 and he told me thats my success rate... 35%! Im taking it as a pinch of salt, it seemed massively generalised.

He has given me the choice of medicated or natural. I have a 42 day cycle but i do ovulate. My work are pretty supportive and IVF is covered in my company policy so im thinking of giving natural a go.
    I have until 15th to decide.
    Its a bit of a bummer because ive calculated my next period is 3rd January. Shame it wasnt 2 weeks late as i would be able to start then, with transfer being in Feb. As it stands, if im on time(may not be if CP messes cycle up) my transfer wont be until March and therefore a fraud being on this thread!
    Im having all sorts or twinges and aches so this could be ovulation on its way!

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 18/12/19, 08:34 »
    Welcome Desperatelady!

Am loving the positivity!  I must say the prospect of flying somewhere nice for a cycle at this time of year sounds very appealing indeed!  It sounds like you have it all in hand.  What made you decide to go abroad?

Welcome Micg!
    I feel your pain, I am in two minds re how much to do or not to.  How do you find acupuncture? My fertility doc was rather dismissive of it but I am still wondering if it is worth a go if I can get a recommendation locally.

@Bubbles
    Please don't feel like a fraud.  If you are doing most of the preparation and build up to it you may as well stay.  I am sure there will be other ladies who join in the NY who may also crossover into March as well.
    Anywho, see how you feel...

@Olddognewtricks
    I totally understand what you mean.  For all the reading and research I don't think any of it really prepared me for the roller coaster that it has been.  Plus it's on your mind a lot and unless you have a network of friends and family that are in the loop it's hard to express thoughts and feelings as they probably will do their best to empathise but in end may not have the experience to fully understand.

I am trying to be relaxed about it all but I am now keen to have another go.  I really don't like the obsessing "in between" stage.   Despite trying not to think too hard about it I have already planned the date, what I will wear, eat and the route for the gentle exercise.  I have also pretty much decided on my testing strategy as I really want to know if I get any sort of implantation between transfer and OTD

@ Hopeful & Kelly
    How are you both doing?

AFM I have this feeling that AF will arrive slightly too early.  The backache and feeling slightly nauseous is already here.  I can only pray that the timing whilst not ideal will be doable for an early Jan transfer.
    We are signing consents this week so I will check with the nurses then.  The medication was supposed to have been ordered for delivery tomorrow but I have not yet heard a peep so far which makes me a little nervous.

Trying really hard not to get my heart set on a Jan transfer at this stage but will see how we go when CD1 officially arrives

Have a great day everyone!

Jx

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 21/12/19, 23:07 »
    Olddognewtricks - Completely agree that the emotional side of IVF is harder than the physical. I'm trying hard to keep some sort of balance alongside treatment too. I hope that 2020 is lucky for you x

Bubbles12 - It sounds more like determination than impatience to me. I hope you are lucky and get your family of four but your cute little family of three sounds lovely. It's interesting that you've been so open about treatment last time but are keeping it to yourselves this time. Sounds like your work colleagues have been supportive. Although we initially told close family that we would be having treatment, we didn't then tell them about where we were up to with things as I didn't want all the questions. It's good to hear your work are supportive and fab that IVF is covered by the company policy. I find it so hard to estimate when your cycle might be.

Desperatelady30 - You've got a good number of blasts. Good to hear you're feeling positive. I feel exactly the same as you like last time I was much more on it than this time. I'm finding it hard, using Christmas as an excuse but really just need to sort myself out and get on it.

Micg15 - Welcome. Love hearing of others having success with IVF. Gives me hope that it does work.

Jupiter 96 - Thanks for asking after me. Hope you got your consents signed and that dates will work out for you. The waiting is so difficult but I'm trying to go with the flow more this cycle but it's much easier said than done.

AFM - I added in Provera on 17/12 and Buserelin on 19/12. Stop the estrogen and provera on 24/1. Need to stay on Buserelin and wait for a bleed then arrange a down-reg scan for a week later. Not really sure when the bleed will start but that will then give me a better idea of timing for the rest of the cycle. Tried to book in some leave for around transfer and test time but very hard to estimate this. Hope you're all doing ok.

Offline Desperatelady30

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 22/12/19, 23:59 »
    Bubbles - Unfortunately we didn't get a choice in how they were frozen so we will be transferring 2 this time and 3 next time.

Jupiter - North Cyprus was the only place that would take me! I have a really high bmi and DH is much older so we haven't got time for me to lose it all.  I've obviously been trying to lose weight throughout this process, I've lost 3 stone since the summer. Although some has been creeping back on this week!

Hope - I feel like I was really good last time when I went out, I did everything I was told. I don't feel like I've done it at all this time, is so hard with Christmas. We are off away for a few days on Xmas eve, so I won't have long to straighten myself out!
    Did you feel any different when you started the estrogen?

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 23/12/19, 16:07 »
    Hi ladies

Little update from me AF arrived on time so called clinic who have dun my prescription and is ready for me to collect and start my downregg injections into the 11th wow all going so quickly considering my appointment was just 12days ago not that am complaining cos iam so impatient so the sooner the better

Hope u are all well
    Merry Christmas to u all and letís hope this time next Christmas we are all sitting with newborn babies
    X Kelly x

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 23/12/19, 22:15 »
    Hi All

Oh its been busy prepping for Christmas. Hope you are all now done so you can sit back and enjoy Christmas.

Jupiter - Did AF come early? Hope the signing of consent forms went ok. Did you get your meds delivered?

Hopeful - There may be a hint of determination there, but believe me, im just a horrendously impatient person! 😂
    It was so hard this time because everyone knew. Asking when i was testing, for IVF updates when really they didnt understand my responses. More so, when they were trying to comfort me and say i should wait when i knew i was having a CP. It was frustrating. Plus, i knew i did their beads in too, so best this time, i keep it to myself.
    Its definitely hard to work it all out but hopefully you can put a semi plan in place. How are you feeling now you have added the extra meds in?

Desperate - Hope you enjoy you few days away over crimbo.

Hoping - All systems go then!

AFM - Im swaying between natural and medicated. Ive read that its not normally the dunn thing to let a PCOS lady who has 42 day cycles do natural. My consultant said that because i regularly ovulate, it should be ok. However, ive worked out i ovulate on day 28 and the clinic scan from day 10-12 (for the average 28 day cycle) i really hope this isnt the case with me.
    I also cant be bothered with all the apps this time. I do like the idea that i can pretty much pick what day to transfer. On the flip (me being impatient) it seems a longer process with medicated (havent read too much up on ot yet).
    I worked out i should of ovulated on friday but i havent had my ovulation symptoms apart from a few twinges.
    Im now hoping that i dont ovulate until a week on friday (2 weeks later than i worked out) then i may be in with a chance of starting on my next period.
    My period before when i was due to start injecting with my latest IVF was 2 weeks late but i was under alot of pressure with organising a fundraising event for my best friends terminally ill sister, so i suppose it can happen where im late. Fingers crossed this time!

Anyway, i hope you all have a wonderful Christmas 🎄🎄🎄