* Author Topic: FET January/February..... Ho ho ho/Happy New Year!  (Read 15769 times)

0 Members

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
FET January/February..... Ho ho ho/Happy New Year!
« Reply #20 on: 26/12/19, 22:57 »
Hope you all had a nice Christmas!

Desperatelady30 - Well done on your weight loss- thatís incredible! Itís very hard to be strict with yourself over Christmas. Iím telling myself a bit of over-indulgence is at least good for the soul. I need to try to get back to it tomorrow though. I canít say Iíve had many symptoms from the estrogen, itís not been too bad.

HopingToBeAMammyNo2 - glad to hear your body is keeping to the plan and that things are moving along quickly for you.

Bubbles12 - it sounds like people were doing their best to be supportive but it is hard for them to know how things work and what to say. It can feel lonely but on balance I have definitely preferred keeping things between us as a couple and intend to do the same again. It can be helpful to have people to talk to though but you have us here. Luckily it was ok adding in the extra drugs this time. Sounds like you still have a lot to think through in terms of which way to go for your cycle!

AFM - Iím still on the Buserelin but finished the estrogen and progesterone on 23/12/19. My period started today so I need to speak to the clinic (shut today) to arrange a down-reg scan which I expect they will want around 2/1/20 (which would be ok around work!). Feels like it will start moving a bit quicker now. Looks like it will all hopefully fall in line with the annual leave I have booked which is a relief. Iíve been being very lazy and over-indulging in rubbish so need to get back to it from tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 26/12/19, 23:33 »
    Merry Christmas Everyone!!

I am still clinging on to the Christmas feeling, I don't want it to be over...

@ Hopeful
    Good news re the scheduling of your cycle so far.  It's a huge weight off when that happens, it can be super stressful juggling work through fertility cycles. So much is out of your control.

@ Bubbles
    Consents were all done and dusted last week so at least that is one thing that I need not worry about. However, AF did arrive early, it's all a bit up in the air at the moment.

@ Kelly
    How's the down-regging?  Was it your choice to do the long protocol?
    I must say, when I read your comments about having little babies when Christmas rolls around again it really did make me think and made me more excited. I have been trying my best to take on step at a time this cycle and this led me to feel maybe a little detached this time around.  It was a lovely feeling to think of that possibility of babes in arms next Christmas. Thank you for sharing that positivity.

@ Desperate Lady
    Kudos to you for the weight loss.  You must be so proud of yourself! M

@ Olddognewtricks
    Hope all is well! What's new with you?

AFM
    AF came early, coincidentally on the day that the medication drugs were delivered. As we had a consents appointment we were able to have a baseline scan since we were at the clinic.
    Long story short, due to my medications which I am taking a break from to have a child, I have a thicker lining than the average.  It's all fine, I recently had a biopsy which was clear and no other issues identified.  However, because there are not many women in my position there seems not to be the knowledge to support me as much as I would like in the cycle.  Mixed messages from my consultant and his junior.  The junior kept telling us that he wouldn't do a transfer with a thick lining and was pushing for long cycle.  My usual consultant was if he mind that it would not make a difference and that having a thicker lining was better than a thin one.  The junior doctor said recent research indicating that overly thick reduced successful outcomes.  The consultant said that is in women who don't have my history and drivers of a thick lining.

We had very little time to decide so we are going to see how we feel and how thick the lining becomes on the CD12 scan.  I don't want to waste an embryo so am half resigned to the fact we'll probably have to cancel the cycle. If that is the case I want to try an unmedicated cycle or as close as I can get to one and perhaps investigate possible ways to slow down thickening or get to transfer quicker.  It's been so very confusing. One thing is for sure, I can't just have the "one size fits all" approach and hope that my clinic will be open to looking at different solutions. Otherwise we will look at getting a second opinion.  I hope that it doesn't come to that because the team I have worked with so far are lovely.  However, the Frosties are so precious, we have to be brave about all of this.

Hmmm.... I think that was more of a Long story even longer!  Oops! Sorry about that!

Night night!

Offline Suzie84

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 27/12/19, 17:30 »
    Hello Ladies,

I am hoping to join this chat as Iím about to start my third FET. Iím sorry to read about the losses and struggles. Itís a tough process and I find these forums such a good release to chat with ppl who get it so hope you all get a similar comfort too.

We had our fresh cycle in 2015 and we were very lucky to have my beautiful daughter and frozen blastocysts to try for a sibling. Our first FET was successful but resulted in an early miscarriage. Our 2nd FET was not successful. I started that cycle with a tooth infection and on antibiotics and was told that wouldnít affect it so think it was just unlucky. Ironically Iíve a gum infection and finishing a course of antibiotics now before AF arrives so hope itís not an omen (was due 30th but spotting early so think will come this weekend). I have switched off and indulged over the crimbo break. I will get back on strict healthy eating etc when AF arrives. Iíve previously done acupuncture and fertility reflexology but would struggle to fit them into my current work routine as well as cycle appointments. I was gutted not to make the Dec cycle as wouldíve been off work for the two week wait but my cycle was out by a few days so it got pushed.

I am feeling so excited for this cycle though and feeling very positive. Hopefully weíll all have a successful outcome and not lose our sanity in the process 😊. Stay sane ladies x x

Online Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 28/12/19, 02:04 »
    Welcome Suzie!

How wonderful that you have your little girl and Frosties for a sibling!

Tooth issues are literally a pain. I had a little abscess I think just before the AF on my BFN cycle. Am not sure if related but a pain to deal with alongside everything else.

Whereabouts are you based? I'd like to try accupuncture but would prefer to take a reccomendation before starting if I can

How are we all doing? 

I am still enjoying Christmas with the family. I try not to but seem to keep having reveries wherea certain Frostie is in situ....

Night night x

Offline Suzie84

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 28/12/19, 08:51 »
    Thank you Jupiter 😊 Im based in North East England if that is anywhere near you. I know what you mean about thinking about whatís to come, itíll dominate my thoughts too no doubt 😊

Iím officially Day 1 today too 👏🏻. Iím on Progynova and then pessaries, theyíve changed the brand of pessaries this time so hoping no adverse reactions 🤞🏻

Hope everyone is doing well x

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 28/12/19, 10:11 »
    Welcome Susie

I too am from the North east, sounds like u are rating to go, I wish u all the best and look forward to following ur cycle with u, I start downregg on 11th for my 1st FET, Goodluck and keep us updated

X Kelly x

Offline Suzie84

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 28/12/19, 10:49 »
    Thanks Kelly will do and good luck with starting the down reg 🤞🏻, itíll be here before you know it x x

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 28/12/19, 21:15 »
    Jupiter96 - Cling onto the Christmas feeling as long as you can. I'm trying to as well! Glad it all came together with your period, the meds and the consent appointment so you could get started. Sounds difficult with the mixed messages from the clinic staff. Hoping it will be clearer how your should proceed at your scan. I completely get your thought about not wanting to waste an embryo.

Suzie84 -Welcome aboard! It's so good to hear about yous previous successful cycle. Exciting to have embryos to try for a sibling and good to be feeling positive about it. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Glad your day 1 has arrived and you can get started.

HopingToBeAMammyNo2 & Suzie84 - I'm also based in the North East! I'm at a clinic in the Midlands though but usually have scans at Centre for Life. Down-reg scan booked for 3/1/20.

Offline Suzie84

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 29/12/19, 07:49 »
    Thank you Hopeful_10, I hope all goes well at your first scan. Has it been difficult being in North East and splitting time between two clinics? My work plans will be v busy in New Year so I wonít get chance to put hols in but hope I can plan days working flexibly around appts x

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 29/12/19, 10:38 »

Hopeful - small world thatís the clinic iam at Centre for Life

X Kelly x