* Author Topic: FET January/February..... Ho ho ho/Happy New Year!  (Read 14389 times)

0 Members

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
FET January/February..... Ho ho ho/Happy New Year!
« Reply #60 on: 13/01/20, 20:57 »

Micg15 - glad to hear you have been able to get started. I know itís hard not to stress when itís suddenly starting but try not to worry about things like your eating when youíre so busy with work and life too.

Suzie84 - Great news from your scan and that you can progress. Iím not far behind you. Glad itís not just me who has wobbles.

HopingToBeAMammyNo2 - Hope youíre doing ok. Looks like we wonít be bumping into each other in the waiting room x

brooky - Iíve got another counselling session later this week which ai hope will help me to offload. Hope youíre doing ok x

Taraeob - welcome. Lovely to hear about your success with mild ivf and your mad little 2 year old. I canít help with your query but hope your dates work out ok.

Desperatelade30 - Hope your doing ok. Try not to worry about what youíre eating and make the most of your break and trying to be happy and relaxed. When is OTD? I love your funny story but will be trying not to fill my bladder that much!

Daisythesnail - Your cycle sounds like a whirlwind but good to cut out the waiting.

AFM - scan found lining to be 7.9mm - I cant believe it after all the trouble Iíve had with it before! If I hadnít have been laid down when the doctor told me, Iíd have fallen down. Been feeling sick since yesterday afternoon which ai think may be with being on a lot of estrogen. Plan in place with transfer planned for 23/1. Luckily my annual leave works well with it and has helped to take the pressure off. Just got to get through the next few days at work.
Hope youíre all ok x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Daisythesnail

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 13/01/20, 21:06 »
    Hi Gang

Just remember, weíre all amazing for going through with this and getting on with our normal lives- just think of the amount of other things we do each day even though we feel that this is taking up 100 percent of our brain space.
    Desp Lady how long are you in Cyprus for- are you managing to enjoy it at all?
    Taraeob I do hope that you get to use your flights.
    Brooky- v glad you feel less alone- weíre in this together.
    Kelly- hope injections are going ok.
    Susie- Yey pessaries ! I do have a pessary qu, sorry if too much info.  Iím doing the anal ones :-(. They make me need to poo.  If I do, should I use another one???   
    Micg- no apologies needed for ranting.
    Thatís what weíre here for.
    Love to you all v sorry if Iíve missed anyone
    Daisy xxxxxxx

Offline brooky

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 14/01/20, 21:44 »
    Hey everyone, just a quick one , didn't want to read and run. Good luck with your transfer on Tuesday Suzie... Wait was that today??? I hope your counselling is helpful Hopeful, I definitely find it's good to be able to offload. Everyone else I hope you are managing to stay relatively calm, and like Daisy said, we are all doing amazingly so try to remember that. Also Daisy, I also LOVE the supositorys or whatever they are called, something to stick in almost every hole, yay  ;D ;D  My feeling with them is that, if it has been in for about an hour and then I go to the loo (I know exactly what you mean, the struggle is real  ;) ) then I think that they have absorbed enough and there is no need to use another one. If it's been less than that I would be inclined to use another one.

On that note, just wondering if anyone has any tips for constipation that works. The progesterone really messes with my tummy. I have used Fybogel but that has horrible chemicals in, aspartame I think or something like that, anyway I'd prefer something a little more natural... Any tried and tested remedies?

Anyway I am generally feeling more positive since joining this board and feeling very supported and part of a group of strong ladies who are on the same page as me. I also have found I feel better since getting a bit more exercise and focussing on my hobbies and work and stuff. I also have signed up to do a course that starts in March so I'm totally just focussing on that, it is sooo helpful to have something that is post treatment outcome to focus on.. Life goes on!!

All the best xxxx

Offline Micg15

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 14/01/20, 22:44 »
    Hey all

Hopeful fab news on the lining great that transfer is planned! Did you do anything different this time?

Brooky Iím finding pomegranate juice helps to get things moving, it tastes disguising but meant to help with lining too

Hope everyone is doing ok. Feeling a little better today no point in this thinking it wonít work when it might! With the eating and stuff Iím just thinking now I was a stone heavier eith my daughter and it worked then so maybe it doesnít make much difference if I eat a bit of chocolate!

Glad to have this group to chat to though Iím so hoping for lots of positives!!

Xx

Offline Desperatelady30

modify
    « Reply #64 on: 15/01/20, 05:59 »
    Brooky - Thank you, I'm sure you're right. It's warm enough for t-shirts during the day here but is chilly of an evening. We are heading home tonight, we are looking forward to getting back to some normality. I also think pomegranate juice is good for the loo but I think I've got use to it now, had it everyday for a couple of months. I only need to look at Sugarpuffs and I need to go, and I sometimes make a cauliflower soup which does the same! DH loves the soup but hates the after effects 😂.

Hopingtobeamammyno2 - Thanks, I'm sure a few treat meals won't be too bad but I'm sure you know what it's like for your mind to be in over drive. Sorry to hear about your mc but it's great to read that you have a daughter from ivf. I didn't mind the first lot of injections I prior to the EC but these latest post fet ones are not nice.

Suzie84 - Excellent news, how did everything go?

Mcg15 - Thanks I'm sure you are right. Can you book yourself in for a lovely massage to help with the stress? That's what I did both times when feeling anxious before EC and FET.

Hopeful - that's great news! Not long to go now then until you're also in the agonising 2ww! My OTD is 21st, it's all I'm thinking about at the moment! I'm switching from being very positive one minute to very negative the next when I don't have clue really what the outcome will be.

Daisythesnail - We head home tonight. Its been a strange trip the FET was on the first full day we had here and it feels like the rest of the time we have just been waiting for our flight. We came for afresh cycle in Nov but I had OHSS so a transfer never happened, we managed to make a really nice holiday of that trip though.

Offline Daisythesnail

modify
    « Reply #65 on: 15/01/20, 21:03 »
    Hi Folks,
    Apologies in advance for no personals- but am sending you all love.

Iím really miserable today.  Just wondering if any of you who are on or who have been on progesterone pessaries found it made them really emotional and miserable.

I havenít been loving my work for ages but last few days and especially today Iíve been really miserable and disillusioned. Not just about work, but thatís the biggest source atm.

Right, moan over

Need to put the bins out!

Xxx

Offline Micg15

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 15/01/20, 21:33 »
    Oh no daisy hope youíre ok? Such an emotional rollercoaster and the hormones def donít help. Rubbish as well if you donít like your job but just think fingers crossed this time in 8 months youíll be on maternity leave!!!
    Hope you ok Hun xxx

Desperately hope you get home ok, are you tempted to test early?

Xxx

Offline brooky

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 15/01/20, 22:09 »
    Thanks for the tip on pomegranate juice guys!, I'll give that a go. and also, Desperate, your comment on sugarpuffs and cauliflower soup made me literally lol haha. Good idea on the massage Micg15, I'm defo gonna do that! glad you are feeling a bit better today.

Daisy, I'm sorry you are feeling so crap. I definitely do feel more miserable on progesterone. I have to take it every month (in pill form) coz I have POI and take HRT, and those 10 days are defo more miserable than the rest of the month. I think it's partly what creates PMT feelings in general..... Try to be kind to yourself.

Lots of love to you all xx ^hugme^

Offline Suzie84

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 17/01/20, 08:54 »
    Hey guys sorry Iíve not been on, it has been crazy busy with work. Iíve started my pessaries last night (in prep for transfer on Tuesday), first time using vaginal ones and was warned about the mess 🙈. Any tips when using them during the day? Iíve previously had anal pessaries and found if in for 30mins it was ok. Also think found eating dates or prunes helps with constipation. 

Iím away this weekend with friends for a hen do so thatíll be a nice distraction. Not everyone knows so Iíll cross that bridge as to why Iím not drinking later 😊 Iím hoping I donít get down but think watching comedy or walking helps (worth a try if youíve not yet).

Congrats on lining scans and transfers - hope you get to stay chilled until test day.

Hope you all have a great weekend x x

Offline Daisythesnail

modify
    « Reply #69 on: 17/01/20, 13:27 »
    Hi Gang,

Brooky Iím adopting your hour theory for the progesterone.
    Iím using fibogel.
    Iím glad you are feeling supported by the group.

Micg15 I might have a look for some pomegranate juice- but your review isnít exactly selling it!
    Glad youíre thinking positive thoughts.

Oohhh desperate lady- getting closer to OTD.  How are you doing?

Susie is your transfer next Tuesday or have you had it?  Hope you enjoy Hen Weekend and think of a good not drinking excuse.

Thanks for all the positive messages to cheer me up folks.  It was lovely to read them all.  I lost the plot a bit yest and cried on one manager in the morn and my boss in the afternoon.  Then had a sleepless night (woke up at 12.15 and didnít sleep again) worrying and crying about work óó which maybe was good in a way as I didnít get chance to worry about my FET
    Which was TODAY.
    (Iím trying to look at the positive slant but really Iím worried that high stress levels arenít really going to help)

I was in and out the clinic within 25 mins- itís almost like it didnít actually happen- so odd.  I feel v aloof from it all canít describe it really.

Not going back into work this aft but after some lunch I will work from home as deadlines due today.

Muchos love to you all

Daisyxxxx