* Author Topic: FET January/February..... Ho ho ho/Happy New Year!  (Read 14393 times)

0 Members

Offline Desperatelady30

modify
FET January/February..... Ho ho ho/Happy New Year!
« Reply #70 on: 17/01/20, 13:39 »
Hi Daisy congratulations on being PUPO! I've come across lots of stuff which says stress isn't a factor, so hopefully that might make you feel a bit less stressed!

I got back from Cyprus on Wednesday night, I sat in the airport waiting for my DH to get our cases and started with strong period pain which lasted a few minutes. I really panicked, my mum came to pick us up and I burst into tears in arrivals as I was convinced I was bleeding. Thankfully I wasn't! I've had light cramps on and off since then, I'm not really sure what to make of them at the minute. I'm constantly googling, I've read it can be a good sign but it just feels too much like AF arrival (I always start with cramps a week before). DH really doesn't want me to test early, but I'm going crazy and OTD is 4 whole days away!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lori84

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 17/01/20, 15:35 »
    Hi All, Well it looks like anther cycle come February so I thought I would start posting again. So I am picking my prescription up for provera. This will probably take 2 weeks to work and then I will start on the nasal spray and then patches. My last cycle was a complete world wind, from getting a BFN on test date to a week later getting a BFP, then them no finding where the pregnancy was growing. Anyway I am going to be positive and hopefully things go as smoothly as they can!!

Offline brooky

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 17/01/20, 20:11 »
    Hi lori84, it sounds like you've had a horrible time. Everything crossed for you this time around.

Daisy- ooh exciting, glad it all went well. I know what you mean about feeling aloof. Hope you are managing to stay as calm as poss.

Desperate - Got everything crossed for you. Try to keep yourself occupied if you can xxx

Suzie - re: the pessaries. I just wear a liner during the day. I haven't found it to be too messy to be honest.. So it may not be for you.

I'm feeling a bit stressed because I realised that in my plan it said that I should start Progynova on Friday but not have a scan until the following Monday, however I should have Baseline scan before starting the pills... Luckily I rang the clinic and they said that I was right and rearranged it... This is about the 4th thing that has been wrong with my plan that I have luckily noticed including not giving me the right medication and telling me to inject at the wrong time of day.. thank god I've gone through this before and knew that those things were wrong!!! argh.. It's just not filling me with confidence... and also I am paranoid that I won't have a bleed.. however I did only stop the pill yesterday so I need to give myself a chance.... argh!

Anyway. Being stressed isn't exactly going to help so I'm just going to try to think lining shedding thoughts and er... don't know what else..

haha  ^idiot^

All the best xxx

Offline Daisythesnail

modify
    « Reply #73 on: 17/01/20, 21:01 »
    Desperate Lady- itís so tough, thinking of you.  Tears at the airport sounds horrendous.  Try not to test early/ it wonít help because you wonít believe the result either way.
    Lori, hi.  Your last cycle sounds truly awful.  Hopefully this is your time.
    Brooky - my brain has failed me- canít remember what you wrote now.  Sorry!!!  So annoying that you canít scroll back up once your replying. Sending love anyway.

Random thought for the eve.
    How odd is it that if it finally does work after your 2ww you are suddenly 4 weeks pregnant.

Must sleep!!!!

Night xxx

Offline Daisythesnail

modify
    « Reply #74 on: 17/01/20, 21:02 »
    Oh yes B your clinic and the errors- v good job you are on the case.  Thatís not great :-(

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #75 on: 18/01/20, 13:30 »
    Daisythesnail -Congratulations on being PUPO. It's hardly surprising you've had a few tears. This journey does crazy things to your emotions and sleep. It's very odd to go from positive test to 4 weeks pregnant but the waiting then starts again to scan etc. ... I heard that stress can't be helped but that stressing about stress can so try not to worry. When is OTD?

Brooky - How stressful! It's good you are on the ball and double checking everything. Glad you got all the arrangements in place.

Lori84 - Positive to hear that you are getting prepared to start. Sorry to hear about how complicated and difficult it must have been last time. Hoping you have a more straightforward and less complicated journey this time.

Desperatelady30 - The airport incident sounds so awful. I really think Dr Google doesn't help at all but it's so tempting to try to find out information there. Completely relate to feeling positive one minute and very negative the next. I assume this is normal?! Really not long now until OTD! Hang in there x

Suzie84 - Hope you have a lovely time at the Hen Do. What a fab distraction. I was nervous about the pessaries last time as they had been given such a bad press and whilst I couldn't say I was looking forward to starting them, I just used a liner and found them manageable. I'm not far behind you x

Micg15 - How are you doing? Where are you up to with things? I'm not sure what helped my lining. I did fertility yoga to supposedly boost lining so perhaps that was it! I was having brazil nuts and pomegranate juice but did these before. Been having my 5 a day, trying to have some protein and making sure I do 10,000 steps. I was on loads of estrogen, but was last time although was on a different patch as the usual one isn't available. I'm carrying more weight than last time but still in the healthy category so trying to just think it was good for the soul to have enjoyed Christmas. 

AFM - I'm keeping up to date with your messages if not always getting round to replying straight away. Glad to be off work now until after transfer. The challenge now is to keep busy enough not to worry too much! The nausea eased after a couple of days but its back again today with a bit of acid reflux. Had final buserelin injection yesterday and started the pessaries today. All being well transfer should be 23/1 x

modify
    « Reply #76 on: 18/01/20, 18:29 »
    Hi all

Tori- I cycled with u back in October I was wondered how u got on, I had the same problem but my HCG levels kept dropping glad to see us both cycling again and hope this is our time for our babies I feel quite positive knowing it worked although not the end results we hoped, Goodluck look forward to following ur journey again

Daisy- yeyyy enjoy every day of ur PUPO I really hope u give us the beginning of a nice run of positives for all us ladies looking forward to seeing how u get on in the dreaded tww babydust coming ur way I used to wonder that aswell about being 4weeks after the tww but itís becos wen a women falls preg without treatment she will be pregnant and going thru the morula/blasto stage but us us fertility ladies thatís all dun for us in the lab so we kinda skip all that

Hopeful- how long have u been doing the burselin for? Iam on day 8 now and wondered how long u do it til with a FET? Not be long for u now think ur the next step to me

Brooky- aww no not good of ur clinic itís there job to be keeping u right not other way around but it is a good job that it on top form, must be frustrating for u tho, I hope AF arrives for u very soon I found on my last cycle I had af within 3 days  of stopping the pill

Suzie- wow Goodluck for ur transfer on Tuesday canít wait til iam at that stage again I loved my PUPO weird I no, as for the pesseries I found the front passage VERY messy and uncomfortable and within 5-10mins I have mega leakage sorry tmi my last cycle I did front way on a night and back way on a morning, this cycle I think iam gonna go for the back way all the time as I never get any coming away and our bodies need all the progesterone it needs what us ladies have to do eh lol

Micg- how U getting on? Which stage u currently at? All of us ladies have each others back in this awful time and will all be willing eachother on and always here to have a rant-moan-cry we WILL get there

Desperate- wow not long at all now, u can be our first official success in the group! I no that feeling of AF coming BUT bit of reasurance for u wen I had ivf with my daughter I bled at 7weeks 11weeks 17weeks and heavy bright red aswell and she is 100% fine these things happen and is very common in ivf pregnancies the cramps etc cud be implantation and everything stretching out in there preparing u looking forward to ur OTD I have a good feeling for u

Sorry if I have missed anyone
    Iam currently on day 8 of burselin, must admit I dnt like the downregg stage it seems as if nothing happening and lasts for ever, iam just waiting for AF to arrive then call clinic for downreg Scan not sure if I have asked before or not how long I have downregged for? So far iam constantly tired, no energy, eating anything and everything in site craving all naughty food so deffinatly a See-food diet for me  :o

Xx Kelly xx

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #77 on: 18/01/20, 19:33 »
    HopingToBeAMammyNo2 - so down regulation on a long cycle does seem to go on forever! Depends on your body I guess. For me it was 30 days of Buserelin then it will be 5 days of progesterone before transfer. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jojonz

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 19/01/20, 07:39 »
    Hey everyone- thought I would jump on here too! AFter two cancelled FET because my progesterone was too high meaning I had ovulated,I'm back!

Hopeful and HopingToBeAMammy - that does sound like a long time. I was going to be on buserelin but then my clinic changed to zoladex instead, I think its very similar but is one (HUGE) injection once, rather than daily, and is much cheaper but has same results. I certainly am not enjoying the side effects either, but at least I" don't have to inject daily... but the needle was massive!!

Hopeful how lovely to be off work for a time! when will you go back to work? I transfer day after you but as I"m in NZ (assume you are in UK?) it' will only be 12 hours or so later!

Brooky - that's awful to be in that position. Would you consider changing clinics or is that not really an option for you? Great to hear you're onto it and clearly you will need to keep being switched on to make sure you are happy with it all. I find that hard as I don't want to be a pain, but this is very important to get it right so good on you for trusting your knowledge and asking!

Lori - that does sound sO tough. Glad you're back again

Desperate Lady - got my fingers crossedfor your BFP. Good on you for waiting for your test day, so hard and time does drag by! Glad you didn't have any bleeding at the airport, and yes fingers crossed the cramping was a great sign!

Daisythesnail - wow congrats on being PUPO. I totally know what you mean about the FET feeling like a bit of a non event! I have started taking a meditation with me, that I listen to straight after the transfer. I always ask as the clinic, and they don't mind, but otherwise it feels almost like a business transaction and I like to give it a bit more symbolism or something!!! Good luck for your 2WW

Suzie - not long now!! how exciting. I started my pessaries today also, for transfer on Friday! I have found using a liner is fine, and when possible I will get up early to put them in then go back to bed for a bit, the night time ones I put in just before bed, and the midday ones I just try to do at a time when I can sit for a bit after. They are a bit messy, but nothing a liner can't fix!

MICG15 - hope you're feeling better now - although the progynova won't be helping! Yes I"m trying to exercise daily this cycle, these drugs are adding a bit of weight on me so trying to do a bit of yoga or a walk daily - even if it helps my stress levels that's a good thing.

HI to anyone else I"ve missed out!

AFM - this will be my 5th FET since the birth of my daughter 3 years ago. I"ve had a couple of CP and some that were just BFN.. and then also two cancelled cycles last year so Im pleased this one hasn't been cancelled.

WE live a 5 hour drive from the clinic, so I'll head off on Thursday and have two nights away which is a bit of a treat - a wee holiday! STarted my pessaries today and also I"m on something called the Colorado protocol as well so also taking antibiotics and steriods to hopefyully avoid a repeat CP. It's strange as I am one of those people who very rarely takes any medication at all, so with a massive injection to down reg just before Christmas and now all this, I feel like a walking pharmacy! Not complaining though. My mission this week is to eat really well and sleep well too as we are also right in the midst of moving house so it's all go! No box lifting for me after Friday.

So nice to be on here with you all and cool to see a few people transferring around the same time. HOpe this is our time x

Offline Jupiter 96

modify
    « Reply #79 on: 19/01/20, 09:59 »
    Well it's certainly very busy in here!

Hello to everyone!

I started the New Year with a cancelled cycle...  It was the for the best and it has been a case of back to the drawing board for me...

My fertility consultant is putting me on a long protocol to see if this can reduce my overly enthusiastic lining that shall be known moving forward as "Mrs Bennet" (of Pride & Prejudice fame).  This is because my lining is always enthusiastic, goes a little overboard but has best interests at heart.  My lining is like that, over does it!
    That being said if down regulation doesn't help we'll still transfer with a thicker than average lining if structure is good.  It looks like a thicker lining is my "normal" but I guess the long protocol is worth a try.

Hoping that somehow we can transfer end of Feb but I guess it's could be March depending on the arrival of the AF following a few weeks of down regulation

Wishing everyone the best of luck on this roller coaster of journey!

Jx